“LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION”
Review of Condor Motel

Condor Motel
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed August 25, 2010

This is my third stay at the Condor and I have to say that the charm is wearing off. The place is pretty clean, but VERY dated. We had to walk up three flights of stairs (not a problem for us) and that could be problematic for those not able to climb stairs. Lugging the luggage up was a challenge. The beds were VERY uncomfortable and the rooms in general need some refreshing. The maid service is satisfactory, though the maid threw away returnable cans that were no where near the garbage and that was annoying. I'm going to consider different lodging next time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 25, 2010

My husband and I took our 17 year old daughter and her best friend. We loved the location in North Wildwood at the end of the boardwalk. Seems to be a much cleaner and safer area than farther South in the main part of Wildwood. There were some great places to eat breakfast close by, and great bars in North Wildwood for us to go to at night while the girls were asleep. We stayed in two different rooms and preferred the rooms on the opposite side of the pool, as they were larger and had a larger dining table and kitchen. You can go over to the pool side anytime and sit on the spacious deck. The pool saved me from heat stroke one day... I barely made it back from the beach in time. The place was extremely clean, and they have a vent system to pull the air conditioning from one bedroom to another. The price was the best part, and I called at least ten other hotels before I booked here. The family that runs this motel gives you pleasant and great service and is on any problem in speedy fast time. I was glad I booked here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
caterina13, Owner at Condor Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2010

Glad you enjoyed your stay at our motel and the Wildwoods. Great pictures. Look forward to having you spend future vacations with us.

Reviewed August 3, 2010

My family and I have been going to the Condor Motel for the past 5 years. Every year as we are preparing to leave and while we are driving to it, we always said “We’re going HOME”. And each and every one of us truly means this. This motel is extremely clean and a great place for the buck. It has a pool, which is great when you have young children. It allows the children to have fun and play with other guests’ children, as the parents have time to relax. Unlike the beach, where you need to watch your child’s every step. If you decide you want to go to the beach, it will take you all but 5 minutes to walk down to the ocean. We will hang at the pool and then mid day decide we want to go spend an hour at the beach. We grab our tools and within 5 minutes we are in the ocean. An hour later, we grab the towels and head back to the pool. The location is so convenient. It is steps from the boardwalk and beach. The Condor offers different room types based on your family size and what your needs are. For instance, if you want to save some money, it offers rooms with small kitchens with the basic needs, refrigerator, stove, microwave, utensils, silverware, dishes, but, no ovens. It offers two grills which are shared among all guests. We grill almost every night and we never have a problem. The owners, Cathy, Frank and their daughter, Natasha are great people. They strive to make you feel as close to home as possible. They are all very personable. They have become part of our family. My family and I always want the same room, and Cathy, Natasha and Frank make sure we get it. In our records, the specific room is in “flaming red”. They have never let us down. We go the same week every year and we have made good friends with other families that go every year, the same week as us. We have become such good friends with these other families that we communicated through out the year. All in all, this motel is beautifully located, cheap, clean and friendly and comes highly recommended. If I had millions of dollars, I would still stay here. I would just rent my specific room for the entire summer and I know Cathy, Frank and Natasha would let me. This year we had a couple of our friends and their families come down for a few days and they all booked for next year for an entire week. Wildwood is a great family vacation and The Condor is a great place to stay. Now, you need to realize it is not the Ritz, but it is a comfy, cozy, clean and friendly place. In a nutshell, it is HOME!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
caterina13, Manager at Condor Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

HOME is exactly how we want all our guest to feel when they stay here. Thanks for the great review. We strive to accommodate everyone's needs so they feel right at home and become part of our family every year.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

Reviewed many sites and trip advisors prior to booking. Very happy with the office side of the motel, could not hear neighbors when in the room. The pool side was noisier, ok if you have children that would use the pool. Room had the amenities required and was roomy enough for two, bed was not real comfortable but sufficient. Was very impressed that it was at the end of the boardwalk and close to many restaurants and shops, plus close to the beach. Would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Great place to stay. Missing a bar. Missing a cafe for breakfast. Children are young, under age 12. Owners are nice and visitors are friendly, from all over (Pa., Va., Canada, NJ). Rebooked for next year!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Motel is steps from beach and boardwalk. I've been going there a few years now; ever since they dismantled the Tides Motel. The owners are extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms have ALWAYS been clean, including bedding and everything in cabinets. Pool cleaned daily and is very nice. Beds and pillows are comfortable (I always worry if we're ever going to get a not-so-good bed but it's never happened). I had back surgery 2 years ago so I always worry about beds and pillows! I can't say enough about the hospitality of the staff. A few years back, we left an item behind and Cathy arranged to ship the item to my home. This place gets an A+ from me!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
caterina13, Manager at Condor Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2010

Thank you for considering the Condor the perfect place to stay. Glad to know we are doing a great job!

Reviewed June 21, 2010

In a nutshell - Inexpensive, CLEAN, great location, friendly management.

First time staying at Condor Motel, from June 18th to June 20th. Stayed in Room 223, a ridiculously clean two bedroom unit with kitchen, dining table and living room w/ futon facing Ocean Ave - two adults and four teenagers in the room. Room was on the smaller side but its to be expected for all of the motels in Wildwood. Condor is half a block from the beach and at the very end of the boardwalk. PERFECT location if you ask me. The kids can walk to the boardwalk and the adults can walk to the beach AWAY from the boardwalk.

Here's my experience.

Called on Wed June 16th to make a reservation. Was told a room was available but they did not accept credit cards and I had to either overnight funds or drop off a cash/travelers check deposit to hold the room. *Side note on that policy - its not unusual for the 'mom and pop' 'Doo Wop' motels of Wildwood to do this. It helps minimize the people who like to make multiple reservations at different hotels for their dates of travel and then never show up without calling. That being said, it wasn't a big deal for me since I live within an hour of the hotel and was very happy they actually had a room available. When I dropped the deposit off and got to see the lobby, as well as speak with Frank and Cathy (owners), I was reassured that this was a very clean motel with friendly, accommodating ownership/mgmt.
Arrived on Friday night, paid the balance/checked in. As I stated, the room was unbelievably neat and clean. NO dust anywhere, NO stains on the carpet/bedspreads or furniture and an extremely sanitary kitchen/bath. I can't stress enough how clean this establishment is. I'd stay here before I'd stay at some people's houses down here. There are only two things that I could find that were a slight 'nuisance' (but to be fair, I'm almost certain you'll find the same issues at any motel of this age and in the Wildwood area). First, there is only one AC unit in the room and its located in the living room/dining room area. There are 'through the wall' fan units (with adjustable speeds) for both bedrooms that will 'suck' the air from the living room area into the bedrooms. It can get a touch stuffy in the bedrooms if you have the doors closed, don't have the fans at full speed and don't have the flap on the AC unit aimed towards the rooms. Keep the bedroom doors slightly opened and you shouldn't have an issue. Second issue... our unit either didn't have a bathroom fan or it wasn't working and the bathroom window is a glass block window with a very small opening. You think up your own situations where that can create a slight 'nuisance'. Again, not major issues and these are things that I'm confident you'd find at any other motel in this area. The only other thing I'd mention outside of the room is that the parking can be tight (typical for ANY beach town hotel). That is about as negative as it gets for this establishment. That being said, did I mention how clean this place is? And how friendly and accommodating the ownership is? How friendly and accommodating? First - after I asked Frank if he could recommended a local deli he even took a walk with me to the deli. Second - after we overslept and missed our check-out time (and I'm not going to say by how much because its embarrassing how late we were) we got a friendly knock on the door and were reminded that check-out was at ten and were asked to check out as soon as possible. No anger, no threats, just politeness.

To sum it up, Frank and Cathy are a class act and it is reflected in their establishment. I would recommend this motel to ANYONE looking to stay in Wildwood. All of my future stays in Wildwood will definitely be at the Condor Motel.

One last thing. I wish they would update their pictures on their website because it doesn't do the motel justice.

Hope my review was helpful!

Chris

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
caterina13, Owner at Condor Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2010

We appreciate your honesty. You did speak the truth about the operation of the motel and us being friendly. Glad to have you as our customer!