“GREAT PLACE!!!”

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
essex, md
“GREAT PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2010

we have been visiting Wildwood now for the past 4 years and would not stay anywhere else...used to go as a kid and stay in the rental apartments 2-3 blocks from the boardwalk...but since finding the condor we won't stay anywhere else...we started making it our annual 4 generation family vacation at mothers day...my mom, myself, my daughter and grandson love the place...thanks cathy and family!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

There was one staff member that was ridiculously rude. I couldn't believe he would speak to me like that and that he can still work there after acting the way he did. The rooms are plain but fairly clean. Very basic and very small so I'd suggest that even if it's just two people, get a bigger room. The only thing that made my stay there worth it was the location. If you're a couple looking for a place to relax, I'd suggest finding somewhere else. This is obviously a place for people with kids.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CoupleInLoveXx
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

Starting back in September , Cathy helped us look at the needs of our large family from several states and family sizes to book our rooms, from the main hotel, to fabulous condo. I felt spoiled witht the luxury and service. Great location and pool.
We had a terrific cookout at the condo, using their barbecue grill and tables.
Very helpful with all details at different phases of vacation. Had a wonderful time and forward to retuning , either alone or as group .

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Montréal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2009

I have spent summer vacations in Wilwood since I was 10 years old. I am now 51. I have seen motels in all three Wildwoods: North, Center and Crest. I can compare, and I can tell you that the Condor Motel is superior; and that, quality/price, they are the best.
In 1995, we decided to make reservations at the Condor Motel.
We have been back since then, sometimes twice during the same summer. We have never been disappointed, because of:

The people: the owners, Cathy and Frank, are courteous, polite, responsible, present, nice and totally endearing. So are their employees;
The location: one minute from the boardwalk and from the beach;
The calm; and
The cleanliness: the owners have determined that this is a "must". We have never, in 14 years, been disappointed.
You know what? Don't take my word for it; go and see for yourself. You will be back, trust me.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

This was our first trip to Wildwoods and we booked the Condor after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. When we arrived at Wildwoods the amount of motels is overwhelming and I don't know how you would choose between them without a recommendation, so I was glad we had booked. The Condor is in North Wildwoods at the end of the tramline - "Watch the tramcar please!" We liked the location as it was quieter than other spots, but within a minute's walk of the beach. The stroll along the boardwalk to all the excitement is not far and we enjoyed walking to the far end at Wildwoods Crest. The desk staff are friendly and helpful. Overall the motel was what we expected; not posh, no frills, reasonably compact. What was different was its cleanliness. It was incredibly clean. The only thing I would say about the room was that the beds had plastic covers, which are noisy and not overly comfortable in hot weather. The pool is a tiny splashpool, but we went for the beach, which is free, not the pool. Overall I would recommend the Condor, but if finances allowed, would spend a little more on a few frills next time.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

I thought this motel was really good. It's close to the beach/boardwalk, very comfortable and the pool is terrific. 5/5 stars. BUT it quite pricey. I know, "They all are." But still. haha. Anyway, my only problem was this:

I was 13 years-old when I went last august in 2008. I loved it but I woke up and couldn't find my mother. I went to a different room, where my aunt and cousins were staying, because they were traveling with us. So I asked my cousin if she'd seen my mom. She said "no" and that her's was gone too. So we decided to go to the main office and ask to use the phone, because we werent sure if it would work the same in the room. So when I asked the woman at the register "Excuse me, we cant find our parents. Can we use the phone to call them and find out where they are?". Might I remind you that I was smiling the whole time. and my cousin was waiting in the back. So she handed me the phone and I dialed the number. Turns out the sneaked on the boardwalk without us. Anyway the register-lady seemed somewhat rude. She didnt smile, didn't make eye-contact. When I was finished, I handed her back the phone and smiled and said loud and clear "Thank You" and she pretended not to hear me. I know it doesnt seem like a big deal, but it was a bit upsetting.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

I have been to the Condor two times and both times I was not disappointed. Both times we rented the 3-bedroom apartment. It is small, but big enough for two adults and FIVE children! Master bedroom had a king bed, room #2 had two doubles and room #3 had one double. All rooms and common area had a TV. The pool is tiny, but you won't use it much with the ocean a few yards away. Last time I went to Wildwood I rented a privately owned condo. I did not enjoy it near as much as the Condor for the following reasons: 1) no daily maid service with a condo (2) you have to put out the garbage with a condo (3) you can hear your upstairs neighbors in a condo (3) you have to bring all your bedding and towels with a condo. At the Condor, we had DAILY maid service (including making the beds, cleaning the bathroom, changing towels and emptying garbage). This apartment at the Condor is SO QUIET, you have no one above you. Yes, you have to climb a flight of stairs, but you have to in most of the condos as well. And you leave the motel any way you want, no deposit to worry about getting back. One tip, however, you only can park ONE vehicle at the Condor, but you will never have to move it the whole vacation because everything is very, very close by. I can't wait to go to the Condor again!

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family