“Until next year Horizon....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Horizon Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Horizon Motor Inn
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Forest Hills, New York
“Until next year Horizon....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family and I arrived on Sunday, July 13 and stayed thru Thursday. This was our 1st time here and had a wonderfult time. The staff and manager where beyond pleasant and made our stay as comofortable as possible. Our room was ideal with being a new mom and having to make meals for my 1 and 1/2 year old son. My husband and I were so satisfied with our stay that we booked our room for next year when checking out. Mitsy G.

1 Thank Mitsy413
horizonmotorinn, Owner at Horizon Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you Mitsy for a wonderful review and for caring enough to write it.. Since this was your first time at our hotel, we hope it becomes a summer tradition and look forward to seeing you and your delightful family again next summer!!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
West Berlin, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

we have a family reunion every year down wildwood for the last 30 years...we usually choose a different place every time...NOT ANYMORE!!! the people at horizon are wonderful!! VERY kid friendly with "weinie wednesday" and smores before fireworks...the rooms are immaculate and we made some great new friends!!! i would recommend the HORIZON to everyone {except the week we want to book!} thank you for a great vacation!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We were so happy to have been able to accommodate you and the family reunion. It was our pleasure having you stay with us. We appreciate that you enjoyed some of the family activities and services we provide. Thank you and see you next summer!!
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

My family stayed at the Horizon Motor Inn for the first time from July 6-11, 2014. We were very pleased with our stay! The location was perfect and management was extremely nice. One manager even moved her car out of the driveway on checkout day so we could leave our car there! My kids had a great time and we would definitely stay there again! If you are looking for a reasonably priced, perfectly located motel that has everything a family needs, this is a great place to go!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you very much for a great review and the fact that you “Definitely recommend the Horizon!”. It was our pleasure having you sty with us and we hope you will stay with us again,
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

My family and I arrived on Monday July 7 and stayed thru Friday. This was our 4th time here and every experience has been wonderful. All the staff from management thru housekeeping are all very polite professional, and accommodating. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the Horizon is only a few steps away from the boardwalk. The pool is clean and ready to be swam in early in morning. The free off street parking is a plus, this is also a very family friendly place to stay. I would definitely recommend this place to others. Thank you again to the staff, for another wonderful stay. Amy B

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Amy for taking the time in writing your review. We are so happy that your family enjoyed staying with us. Being family friendly is very important to us. Hoping to see you again!
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was a great place to stay. The owner was wonderful. Smores for the kids on Friday nights with late swimming. Rooms are clean and the staff is very nice. I will come here again. Beach and Boardwalk block with no streets to cross - perfect for families.

1 Thank Tracy M
Thank you so much for your great review. We are glad that you enjoyed our facilities and some of our family activities. It was a pleasure having you staywith us.
Wappingers Falls, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Where should I begin? I could start with the room not being ready when we arrived, as one of the beds had not been made up, even though the manager on duty stated that that room had not been occupied for the previous 4 days.
Or I could tell you that there was someone else's food in the freezer when we arrived in our eventual room.
Or I could tell you that the bathroom floor was sticky.
Or that at 9:10 on the morning of our checkout, which is scheduled for 10:00AM, with a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the outside of our door, the housekeeper barged in just as my wife had finished getting her pants on. No knocking. Just walked in.
Or I could tell you that the Wi-Fi signal was so weak that downloading a book or movie to my Kindle, or updating an App on my phone was an impossibility. They have Wi-Fi, because I signed in for it, but unless you're situated in the room where the router is, good luck!
Or I could mention that the living room lamp didn't work, or that the rug made me feel dirty if I walked barefoot on it. It was disgustingly grimy.
Or I could tell you that in an effort to satisfy us when our room wasn't ready the best solution the manager on duty could arrive at was to put us in a different room, but not for our entire stay. He thought it would be no inconvenience at all for us to have to settle into one room and then have to switch rooms 2 days later. Luckily the woman who came on duty when his shift ended had enough common sense to rearrange guests who had yet to arrive so that we didn't have to switch rooms. She seemed to be the sole person on this property who thought the customer was a priority. The owners certainly didn't think so, and so now I'll tell you my biggest gripe with this business.
We saw an ad on their website that plainly stated "June 22nd to June 27th Any Three Nights or More for only $129 per night". Since my wife and I were staying there for 3 nights, starting on the night of the 25th of June and ending on the night of the 27th of June, we interpreted our stay as meeting these requirements. Yes we were checking out on the morning of the 28th, but we purchased 3 nights that fell within the range of dates described in that special promotion. So why did we get charged $139 a night? Because the owner and her husband thought it was more important to prove me wrong by stating that it was "Soccer Weekend" and that that promotion didn't include the night of the 27th. Funny, they have another promotion that states "June 29th to July 2nd (Any 3 Nights) ... $375". By the logic applied to my stay, that would seem to only leave 3 nights to choose from...June 29, June 30 and July 1, because clearly you can't even think that the night of July 2 might be included in that special (since then you would be checking out on the 3rd of July, which is out of the range of dates to which the special applies).
In other words, rather than refund me the $30 plus tax that I was absolutely overcharged, they drove me to write this review, which, if seen by anyone, will surely discourage them from booking a stay there. I probably wouldn't have minded being overcharged as much if the owner hadn't spoken to me like I was stupid for even thinking that I was right. Since their website promotion doesn't state "excludes Soccer Weekend" and doesn't plainly state that check out has to be completed before the ending date of the range of dates, I happen to think I am right. They can be as right as they want, because that's the last dollar they'll ever get from me, and I'll tell everyone I know to steer clear of this shady business.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank RickSlansky
Smithmill, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

Thank you Kathy and Jimmy for another wonderful vacation. This is our 2nd year at Horizon and we have found our yearly go to place to stay. We have stayed at cheaper and also twice the price resort and Horizon gives us quality, cleanliness, affordability, and most of all friendliness. I am in a wheelchair and they go out of their way to accommodate me. So happy to have found this place and look forward to seeing Kathy and Jimmy next year.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy L
Thank you. We appreciate your business and we appreciate your enjoying our place enough to give us an "excellent" in your review. Hoping to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wildwood
Surf Song Beach Resort
Surf Song Beach Resort
#21 of 41 in North Wildwood
Alante Oceanfront Motel
Alante Oceanfront Motel
#5 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood
#1 of 41 in North Wildwood
Matador Oceanfront Resort
Matador Oceanfront Resort
#7 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Horizon Motor Inn? Share your experiences!