“Decent shore motel for the value”
Review of A Shore View

A Shore View
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Decent shore motel for the value”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights and it was an overall good experience. The special for four nights (Sun through Thursday) is a really good deal. I would not pay full price to stay here for just a night or two on the weekend because its a rip off. I have stayed in much worse places and this is really not that bad. The pool was enjoyable and it was a very short walk to the beach. Alex, the manager, was very helpful and friendly to us. He was always around when you needed him. We decided to stay an extra night and were moved to a different room. Each room is different here and does not come the same. All have kitchens however, with a large fridge and cooking appliances/coffee makers which is a huge plus. There were no bugs and the rooms were relatively clean. The second room we stayed in the last night had the worst shower faucet I have ever experienced. I had to wash my hair using the bathtub faucet because the showerhead force was so weak. That was not fun. The first room's bathroom was much better and I liked the style of the room more. If the price is right in the future I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank honestreviews83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Maryland
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We were vert disappointed and will not return. The shower was a dribble and the bathroom smelled as if it had not been cleaned in a long time. The floors were very dirty. It was not a pleasant stay. I look at the other rave reviews on this site, which helped me make my choice, and wonder. I would not recommend to anyone.

Stayed August 2010
3 Thank Mustangs123

Travelers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Garnet Valley
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We stayed here overnight. The outdoor spaces are fine and the pool was clean. The indoor however is another story. The carpet was shredded in some spots and absolutely filthy. The shower would clog up and would not drain very well. In turn, there were particles of hair that were floating around in the pool of water at your feet from previous showers. The beds were so hard that all of our backs were hurting in the morning. The owners are nice and helpful but obviously lack attention to detail. I would never stay here again especially for what you get for your money.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sunny990
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I am writing my 2nd review of Shore View. You'll see that we stayed here last year and my review was stellar. We stayed this past week for 5 nights and had been aware that the management had changed since our visit in the summer of 2009. However, the resort's quality has gone incredibly downhill since this management change and I would not recommend this resort to anyone. I am so sad to have to say this! The property manager on site can hardly understand what you are saying, he is foreign. We arrived and he didn't have the keys to our room (2nd time in this unit, number 420 which we find to be adorable). Magically after we go to get in the car and wait it out, he finds the keys and brings them to us. We go into the unit and the closet doors are completely off in the master bedroom. There is no excuse for something like this. It looked to me that a drunk person must have crashed into them or something. How does the maid inspect the room for the next guest checking in and not report this to management so that the new guests coming in don't have to complain about it? This to me was completely unacceptable. My husband went straight down to the property manager's office and told him about this problem. His answer was that "he wouldn't charge us for it". What kind of answer is that, we walked in 5 minutes ago! We didn't do this! We requested that it be immediately fixed so that we could use the closet. During the entire stay no one came and the closet was never fixed. We also arrived and the light on our porch was out. It took one visit downstairs to the property manager to ask for a bulb, followed by a phone call that evening, since it still hadn't been done as promised, to get this light bulb put in. He put the bulb in himself and then informed us that he had broken the surrounding fixture so all we had was what I'd call a "bare bulb".... and would be back later with a new fixture. This was all on day one of our stay. The fixture never arrived although I had made another phone call to request it. The maid service was subpar. When we arrived there were no towels for us, not one. I had to call and ask for them. They never vacuumed the room once (I could tell by the sand). The linen service was fine. Under our bed was a broken screen to the sliding glass door that was dirty and disgusting. I wanted to ask for it to be removed but my husband suggested and with all these problems, nothing's getting fixed, just leave it because it will be a waste of your time. Also, the clientele has changed. They have lowered their rates a bit and last year there were classy families staying there. This year, the place had hardly anyone in it and it was the week of the 4th of July (shocking!) and whoever was there was really trashy, drunk, loud, just a totally different clientele than the year before. I can't believe how much has changed in just one year. The past property manager was fantastic. It's such a shame he and his wife are gone. The elevator is frightening and the floor of it looks like it hasn't been cleaned since the 80s. All the tiles in it are cracked as well. You can actually feel the grit of the dirt when you move your feet on that floor. Again, none of this was like this last year. I can't tell you how much I do not recommend staying here. It was such a major disappointment. We have found accommodations and booked them for our usual week at someplace different for next year. It is such a shame because we loved Unit 420, but we cannot deal with the terrible management. They charge quite a bit for a stay here, please save your money and go elsewhere and have a better vacation. We know we will from now on!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dcgardner
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I have stayed here 4 times. I started going here with my parents when was in high school, then went with friends in college, my parents again once in collge, and my husband and I have went once and will go back again. It’s a nice family place. Each room has a kitchen so you can keep food with you and cook some of your own meals, which saves a lot of money. It’s like renting a small condo but you don’t have to worry about the condo minimum week stay! When I go to wildwood I go for 4 nights at the most so this place is perfect. And since it’s a hotel you don’t have to worry about cleaning up your own garbage, etc. The pool area is nice. The beach is very close, a 5 minute walk and you can see it from your room. The boardwalk is a long walk away, but it’s a nice walk. Probably takes about 20-25 minutes I guess. The hotel has gone through different management over the years, but I’ve never had any problems with the staff, I’ve always enjoyed my stay. I’ve stayed in other hotels in wildwood that aren’t nearly as nice. I’ve always had a great time here.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pangiebear1119
chicago
Reviewed August 2, 2009

overpriced, small rooms, out dated, the wrost place i ever stayed in wildwood and i have stayed in them all.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Newtown, PA
Reviewed July 4, 2009

This condo hotel was the absolute best in North Wildwood. I could not have asked for better! We stayed from June 28-July 3, 2009. The manager, Tom is so kind and accommodating. He is always around, visibile on the premises for any needs and always asks if there is anything he can do to help you. However, since everything was perfect, we didn't need his services! The condo had a pull out couch in the living room, dining area, kitchen, updated bathroom, master bedroom with queen bed, and private balcony with an ocean view. Absolutely fantastic. The pool is first rate, quiet, and off to the side so any pool noise won't bother you in your room. The place is steps from the beach. The patio / grill area on the 2nd floor is so nice and relaxing. The elevator is so convenient. All staff was very friendly and helpful. Maid service was great and came every day. The place was SUPER CLEAN which is something I am very particular about. Parking was great, it had its own private garage. I can't say enough good things about this place. We're coming back next year. Absolutely love Shore View! Thanks Tom!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple