“if i could i'd rate everything discussing!”

Bird of Paradise Motel
Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Wilmington, Delaware
“if i could i'd rate everything discussing!”
Reviewed August 12, 2010

My friends and i took a 2 hour ride to wild wood after booking this hotel two months prier to vacation time. Not only did she book the wrong amount of rooms and kick us out, i arrived earlier then the rest of my group. As i pulled in to the parking lot and the women came out screaming at me saying "WHAT THE F DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING" i stepped out of my car and began to explain that i was checking in with in the hour and she started screaming at me yelling in my face "LIER YOUR A LIER GET OFF MY PROPERTY!!!" so i got in my car and drove away only to come back with the rest of my group awhile latter. Only to find out that we now only had 2 rooms a pose the 4 we had rented. We were now left to fend for our selves in a booked up wild wood!!!! i would NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THIS DISCUSSING EXCUSE FOR A MOTEL!!!!!!! and id also like to point out that im not the only group of person who had a mishap with rooms KrisNicole also had this problem! so be warned thanks for your time : )

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank kglow
sunnydayy2011, Manager at Bird of Paradise Motel, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Hi

Bird of Paradise is now under new management. We hope you will one day give us a try. We began our 4 year plan of changes

The First thing we are tackling is the pool interior. For a more relaxing and safer pool. We are redoing the interior of the pool with new coping, tiles and gunite resurfacing. We are also reducing the depth of the pool from 8 feet to 5 ft.

In addition, we changed 30 percent of the Beds, refrigerators, microwaves, toilets, and bathroom vanity's.

We are changing for the better. So we hope one day, you will give us another look

Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 9, 2010

The only thing I have to say good about "The Bird Of Paradise Hotel" is that the woman at the front desk did refund me my money. The first impression is of pure disgust. The bottom of the pool was peeling off and floating around everywhere. I got the key from the woman to check the room. The room looks nothing like the picture of the room on the website. Everything in the room was stained with filth and cigarette smoke. The bathtub was so filthy and stained, it looked like someone had rebuilt a small engine in it. I can't even describe the variety of smells that I experienced while in the room. I immediately went back to the front desk and demanded my money returned. The woman did not speak much, but she did refund every dime back onto my card. This hotel sucks!!!!! AVOID THIS PLACE! I can't believe that the health department has not shut this place down yet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank martmccree

Travelers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2010

I went is this motel with my girlfriend and it was a real nightmare...first of all the picture on their web site is not at all the room you will have...the room you will get is a crappy old ugly and dirty room....the bathroom was so disgusting....im never gonna go there again.... the swimming pool disgusting...didn't go swin in it...disgusting....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank generalaoun

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Let me start of by saying that the owner is so unprofessional and rude. The owner and her family sat on their butts and yelled and talked about us the whole time we were there. Before i even got a chance to walk near the pool i got yelled at to shower and when i nicely asked where the shower or hose was to rinse off and she rolled her eyes and gave me attitude and pointed to where it was. The pool is disgusted i had white things floating by me. They let their children or grandchildren splash and squirt you with guns. I understand its a pool your going to get wet and splashed but not when you have a water gun pointed at you. Now i don't if i felt cleaner in the pool or the room. I was on the single bed that was shoved in a corner up against the most disgusting walls. The sheets had sand and hair in them so i slept on towel on top of the sheets. The floor was so gross i wore my flip flops for every move i made. The walls had skid marks and what to look like dried blood on them. The refrigerator does not keep anything cold. I could keep going on but the only positive thing i can say about this place is the location. Sam's Pizza is right up the block. It is a block from the boardwalk and beach. Please do not waste your time or money on this place.

2 Thank AnneFrank51

philadelphia
Reviewed July 20, 2010

First of all, the woman who runs this motel, is possibly the RUDEST and most unprofessional business owner, if you would even call her that. The location of the bird of paradise is awesome, a block from the boardwalk!! That is probably the only POSITIVE thing that I could say about this motel. From the minute I got there, I should have known what it was going to be like. The owner is completely rude and for no reason. When it comes to the rooms, they are just pathetic. First of all, they look like they are from the 50s, and that wouldn't bother me, if they were CLEAN. God knows when the floors were last cleaned, because you could move a chair or if god forbid something drops behind a table, you are not just picking up the item you dropped, but also hair, sand, dirt, dust, etc. When i got into bed that night ( no one has been in the bed yet since we got there) there was strands of hair laying on the sheets, and sand in the bed. There is no iron or anything, the fridge barely works, it's just not my idea of a place to stay on during a vacation. The pool is dirty and literally saw things float past us while swimming. Now when i said i stayed with friends, we are not 18 year old kids. We are 24 year olds going down for a weekend getaway. The owner of the motel treated us like we were 16 year old wild, noisy, obnoxious girls. We were yelled at and overheard someone talking about us in the pool area. the bird of paradise is the most UNPROFESSIONAL establishment in wildwood and I would suggest to NEVER stay at this hotel. I felt dirty when leaving this place. Do not waste your time and money :)

2 Thank girlfromphilly

Philadelphia
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My vacation would have been ok if the seahag aka the owner, would have kept out of everyones business. From the moment I checked in she literally verbally abuse me. She ranted about the cheap price they quoted me and made me feel horrible. Because I look young for my age, she basically put me down and didn't trust me. She insulted all my friends, I was so embarrassed. Her unruly grandchildren run all over the place and have no respect for the guests. They splashed all the guests and shoot water guns at you wild you are in the pool, I never felt relaxed there. The seahag also had no respect for her guests and either did her sisters who also work there. I remember when this hotel was the Packard, it was my favorite place to go growing up. People use to be so nice. These new people have totally ruined the place. For being July and the hype of the season rooms were empty. What does that tell you. The seahag never sleeps and watching you like a hawk, her evil eye on you!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like reporting her to the better business bureau. Never will I go back there again.

2 Thank hateeveryone
sunnydayy2011, General Manager at Bird of Paradise Motel, responded to this review, May 2, 2011

Vernon
Reviewed June 11, 2010

This motel is a piece of crap, the lady is a rude nasty old witch who doesn't do good business to save her life. I was coming down to Wildwood with a group of my friends for prom weekend, we had booked 4 rooms for 14 people and when we went to check in she only had us booked for two rooms, and when we disagreed she gave us our money back and kicked us out forcing us to find a new hotel when everything was booked. talk about leaving us high and dry. Luckily we found the nantucket, Love them! They're amazing i will definately stay there and you should too! they even gave us a discount, such nice guys <3

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends