“Bird is the word!”

and 1 more site!
Bird of Paradise Motel
Ranked #39 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Wow! What a difference new management makes! We absolutely loved our stay here. Beds were super comfortable, shower was great, fridge kept things the perfect temperature, free delicious coffee every morning, pool was like a dip in the clean crystal waters of the carribean ... all this and only a block from the beach and boardwalk. Some days there was free iced tea, corn on the cob and even a poolside magicain. Munchies grill (breakfast sands./open late/delivers) across the street, Jimbo's restaurant (B,L,D) around the corner, liquor store and little grocery store also a block or so away.
We stayed at the Bird a couple of times in the past, and we certainly understand the negativity the new staff is striving to overcome. We totally understand that it isn't going to happen overnight. They know there are things that need work. We found everyone we spoke with more than willing to do anything to make our stay enjoyable. We had an absolutely wonderful time. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #5 (they call it 105). Bottom floor, great place to sit outside in the morning, h...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank B0wbird

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights and 3 days. Everyone was nice in the office. Had hot coffee or Hot tea for their guests outside and a frigerator to keep cold drinks in by the pool which was very nice and music. Clean pool. Lots of beach balls for the kids to play with.(which the loved) Sounds like the new owners have a lot of work ahead of them. House keeping needs to be a little better. They did ask us if we needed anything and brought back clean towels we had requested and emptied the trash. The one thing they didn't do is sweep the floor which really needed it from all the beach sand (our feet were very dirty from the floor and it was also making our beds dirty) and straighten up the beds. The bothroom door did not shut or lock so when my husband went to the office they came right up to fix it. The other problem was that the toilet leaked at the seals so the floor was almost always wet. And you couldn't open or close the bathroom window without an adjustable wrench. The location is great. Quiet at night. So hopefully with new owners will come much needed improvements. Sounds like they are trying. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank vacationer93
Reviewed August 2, 2011

So to start, the receptionist Was very open about them cleaning the ants out of our room. The room we stayed in was pathetically plastered covering about a dozen giant holes. They owe us 100 dollars from a deposit and everytime we call it's th same "uhh. Umm" hire someone who can keep the place organized and have someone answer the phones who actually KNOWS. I'm tired of hearing "I dont know"

• Stayed: June 2011
6  Thank Elyssajade
Reviewed August 1, 2011

A few friends and I stayed at the bird of paradise for one night, and that was enough to make me crawl out of my skin. It began with days before booking I was told I would pay $149 dollars which was fine with me, he booked my room then called me 2 days later to tell me he gave our room away and i would have to pay 169 dollars now, WITH NO EXPLANATION. the extremely limited parking they allow there - Followed by check in where the receptionist/manager lacked any sort of personality to accompany a nice stay. Walked into our room to find sand all over the floors, a terrible smell and stained bedspreads and comforters. We considered leaving immediately because it felt that dirty. Fortunately we stuck it out since we only planned being in that hotel room for 5 hours for some sleep. When we returned back to the hotel after a night out we were not with our friend that had our key to the room , I had to call management where he continued to tell me that there was nothing he was going to do and we would just have to wait outside our room until our friend returned. Talk about terrible customer service. Finally someone came to open our room an hour later. Long story short, there is no chance of us going back to there - NO management skills or accommodations.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank KM2001
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Bird of Paradise has the best shower head on the east coast!
If you're coming to the shore to take a shower, this is the place to be. Other than that, it sure isn't worth $160 a night!

1  Thank perfectflaw
Reviewed July 23, 2011

The place was only ok. There were some problems when we first got there but mgmt took care of the problems. If you're just looking for a cheap place to rest your head near the beach, then why not. Our room had new beds, fridge, and microwave. There were no alarm clocks or phones in the room. You get nothing but the basics. We didn't personally get to enjoy the pool, it was not huge and was always filled with a large group of people. I'd recommend this spot to young college kids or couples who aren't looking to spend much time in their motel anyway. The place looked somewhat rundown but to their credit I do see that they are trying to make improvements to the place and I wish them well but as it is now I can only say it was OK. Not bad, not good, just OK. Not the worst motel but I probably would look to stay elsewhere before coming back here in it's current state.

Overall my family and I had a great time our first time in Wildwood. The location is great and you're just a block away from the boardwalk and Sam's Pizza Palace. You gotta try the pizza but go for lunch, at dinner there's' a line up the boardwalk.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We just spend 3 days at this motel and loved it. It is under new management and they certainly doing everthing they can to make your stay a pleasant one. They have already put in new beds, pillows, frig and have renovated the pool. It is certainly a family resort and the new owners treat you just like family. There is a free family gathering each night and we enjoyed it all. They are in the process of painting the motel but the rooms, beds and bathroom was very clean. I certainly recomend this motel for your next vacation. They are in the process of painting the motel but the rooms, beds and bathroom was very clean.

Room Tip: For right now don't judge the book by its cover,major improvements are happening.
1  Thank PatC24
sunnydayy2011, Manager at Bird of Paradise Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wildwood
White Caps Motel
White Caps Motel
#34 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#37 of 41 in North Wildwood
Island Breeze Motel
Island Breeze Motel
#29 of 75 in Wildwood

Been to Bird of Paradise Motel? Share your experiences!