“Outstanding Vacation at an Ideal Location!!”

Surf Song Beach Resort
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My family, 2 Adults and boys 16 yrs old, stayed at Surf Song from Monday through Thursday. We found this hotel by calling other hotels and they recommended Surf Song since we wanted to stay in North Wildwood close to the beach and pier. I always read the reviews to help make my vacation a be a better stay and I usually go for the Bad reviews to find out what I can do to make sure my vacation will be the best it can. I am so pleased to say that the bad reviews I have read could not be farther from the truth! Darlene and her office staff were the nicest people and my boys and I were treated very nicely. In fact you hardly knew anyone was there unless you went into the office for assistance or saw the maids coming in the morning, and they were more than happy to accommodate anything we needed (wasn't much since we are easily pleased). We had a convenient parking spot right up front, (Stayed in room 220) easy to get in and out of. In relation to the pier it was right by the first pier which has some of the best rides and was very safe even at night. No drunk fools walking around that I could see. The neighbors were also nice too so when you smoked a cigarette on the porch there was usually someone to gab with :-) As for some tips while you are there: (this is why we read these things!! LOL)

*If you're a courteous family you will enjoy yourself. If your children are rude and cursing then maybe not the place for you.

*There is a coffee pot but no coffee in the room so bring some coffee with you so you can brew up some in the morning! If not, there is complimentary coffee by the pool every morning with sugar, creamer and to go cups.

*The Kitchen is fully stocked with dishes, pots, cups, silverware and all accessories you can use in a kitchen while your on vacation! No need to bring anything there.

*Hotel has no ice machine but there are trays in the freezer but fill them when you get there so you have ice for the cooler when you go to the beach!

*The TV's dont get many channels in the bedroom but in the living-room there was plenty and the TV was able to hook up a Playstation 3 to it as well. Also a DVD Player was there so if your an HBO, Showtime fan bring movies. We barely watched TV but we weren't there to do that since the piers shut down at midnight, we were usually tired by then.

*Bathrooms are basic but very Clean!! Bring your own shampoo, conditioner. and toothpaste as these are not provided. I do this anyway ;-)

*Showers had OK pressure, not great but the soap did come out of my hair and did not get cold. The bottom of the shower did fill up with water as you showered if you were in there for a long time.

*If you smoke (obviously not in the room) you may want an ashtray for your porch. There is one on each floor but only at each end and by the elevators and the ashes make a mess. I bought one.

*If your shopping on the Boardwalk, you can make deals with the vendors just like in NYC.

*The switches were a little backward on the wall but It just takes a little getting used to.

*The pool was always clean and open when it was scheduled, Wish it was a little later than 8pm ;-( But bring your own beach/pool towels, there are no pool towels out there.

*If you buy your children the green laser pointers that are all over the boardwalk monitor them or the police will come. It is illegal to point them in other peoples dwellings and dangerous as well.

*If your getting wristbands for the rides, Wednesday includes two extreme rides with your band! Make Wednesday a day for the pier!!

All in all we had an outstanding time and are looking forward to going back soon!!
Thank you Surf Song!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank Jordana H

Reviewed August 17, 2011

We have been to Wildwood in the past but have never stayed at a Motel. This was a pleasant surprise. It was nice to have the bed linens and towels included, rather than have to provide our own like at the condos we have rented in the past. The location is excellent with a short walk to the beach. The office staff was exceptional and always friendly. I would recommend Surf Song to others and plan to return again. The only real improvement, in my opinion, would be to have the internet service included with the room rather than additional fees to connect.

3  Thank Barb K
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I love this place it is in North wildwood-right at the beginning of the board walk-park your car and thats it. Beach is right there-not the 2 miles long beach but big enough to be comfortable. Condos are privately owned so are very nice-girls kept the rooms clean-Darlene (the manager) is great-if there is a problem let her know-and it is taken care of. When I was there they had a DJ on the deck (it was great-but not too noisey-couldn't hear it in my room)-I watched fireworks from the sundeck-2 great pools with a hot tub-great place I will be there every year!! Very Safe!!

4  Thank momlexijack
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We've been coming here for a few years now and I can stay by far it is one of the cleanest, friendliest hotels in Wildwood. They have done a terrific job in maintaining the building from the rooms to the barbque area to the two outdoor pools. You can park your car and leave it, everything is within walking distance. The only down side is that there is a charge for use of the wireless internet in the rooms. We'll be back!

2  Thank EdPuodziunas
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Our family stayed one night last year and we knew we had to go back for more. The staff is wonderful. The manager Darlene was just the best. Everything was close to the condo we never used our car. I could go on and on. I will say you must try it for yourself you find like we did that this our vacation home every year. We cannot wait till next. Tell all your friends Surf Song is the place to stay. Thank you the Belvin Family

Room Tip: all the rooms are wonderful I cannot choose just one
1  Thank DebbieBelvin
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Very nice place and the front desk ladies were very helpful and accomodating! I would definately visit again and recommend you do also!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Manager and staff were very nice and helpful,clean rooms and good housekeeping nice location would definatley stay again!!!

Room Tip: call directly
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family