All reviews lollipops pool rules doo wop sofa sleeper very clean hotel heated pool block walk pots pans convention center sparkling clean family friendly place wildwood nj well taken care nice size long weekend great for families nice pool
Reviewed September 9, 2018

I treated my family to this motel for my wife's birthday. The hotel was close to the boardwalk (3 blocks). The room was clean if a bit crowded. AC worked great in the bedroom the kitchenette/sitting area had no AC.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Richard K
5gigi, General Manager at Lollipop Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Thank you for your review it is greatly appreciated. We thrive ourselves in having a Clean, comfortable & convenient hotel for our guests.
We look forward to your return visit, and we are so glad your wife had a fabulous birthday celebration.
609-435-4199

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

Again I had the pleasure of taking my family to the Lollipop Motel.The Manager and her Assistant couldn't be any more friendly, professional and welcoming. Miguel does an amazing job on the pool and the upkeep of the motel. The girls that take care of us during our stay are top notch.. The atmosphere is so relaxing and I never have a needed anything that they haven't helped us without a smile. This year I will be returning twice and I cant wait to see the staff. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Great job Denise and staff!!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank June W
5gigi, General Manager at Lollipop Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

OMG June what can I say to a review like this one, only thing that comes to mind is WOW, what a compliment for us all as a TEAM!!!
I tell everyone that I have the BEST in the business staff, we all work together like an oiled machine, it is no Lie. They are phenominal at what they do because they care and put their hearts into their work so the guests in May receive the same spic & span room & common areas that the August guests receive, no exceptions. I would love to thank you for this review and to take this opportunity once again to thank my entire staff for making me great at what I do because they do their jobs perfectly. Thank you Miguel (our Lion), Angie (Dorothy), Zulma (Our Glenda the good witch), Donna (The Scarecrow), Lorraine (The Tin Man) and JJ.(our TOTO cause she's so cute) and then Me (The mayor of the Lollipop kids Land or some say the Wicked witch ONLY because of my laugh hahaha). Seriously to have the same staff in this business for 5 years is an amazing task and I Thank them often because they make my later shifts when I am alone easier by doing what they do for me and I need them to be a success.
Thank you June for your generous tip to the staff they appreciated it, with this hot and humid weather it makes their job 10xs worse but they have handled the weather like the champions they are.
Love You & your family and we all look forward to your return visit. We hope you can arrange the 50's party and come stay our last weekend with us it will be a blast.

Denise

Reviewed August 21, 2018

We stayed on a Saturday night. First of all I want to stay we were able to check in early which we much appreciated The pool was great, clean and super nice. As for the room the pull-out was horrible. I was disappointed that the carpet was dirty and stained in the front room. Also, the front room is hot because the air conditioner is in the back room which is a bedroom. I attempted to turn the light on on the nightstand between the two beds and the light didn't work. Pulled out the night-stand to a ton of dirt. I understand that the rooms need a quick turn around and might not get cleaned during the summer months thoroughly. The bedroom also had a musty/bad smell. We did not complain to the owner because we were only going to be there 1 night. Motel is about 8 minute walk to the beach/boardwalk. Also...only 1 parking space per unit.stay .. Owner was friendly -- and public areas were clean and maintained. I would not stay at the Lollipop again and was disappointed in the room which cost us over $300 for the night. I suggest you compare motels before you book the Lollipop. We did stay at another hotel - Sunday to Tuesday that was much nicer than the Lollipop

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandra F
5gigi, General Manager at Lollipop Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Dear Sandra,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate all reviews good & bad, which your review has both.
We strongly suggest that no matter how many nights you are staying anywhere, if there is any problems that you do bring it to the attention of the staff for many reasons. Mainly here we want you to be satisfied and feel that you did get your money's worth and we want you to come back again and be happy doing so.
You were in one of the newer suites, with new beds and we are in the process of replacing all the sofabeds. The bedroom lights work by the switch on the wall being on & it is in the instructions and told to the guests at check in. The head housekeeper or myself inspects all the rooms prior to check-in and we did inspect your room and found it satisfactory. We thrive ourselves on our cleanliness as you can see in the other 20 tripadvisor reviews from just this year, but as you say it does get busy very busy through July & August & things can slip, & we did not pull out the end table by the bed but did look behind it and there was no dirt. The stain on the rug is from the metal leg of the sofabed and we have tried everything to get it out without success, so I do apologize for that. I'm thrilled that you thought we were friendly and loved our crystal clear pool. The parking is limited and we do not have the capability of changing that especially when we are full, but we did tell you to use the free parking on 23rd St. (with no meters) for your additional car that your extra people came in. If there is anyway we can have you stay again and give us another try I would personally see to it that your room is inspected more thoroughly. Give me a call on my cell and I will make sure that I take care of you myself.
Thanks
609-435-4199 or work phone 609-729-2800

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Just spent the week of 12 Aug at the Lollipop, it is always clean, manager Denise is always friendly and the staff are all so friendly. It is close to the main part of the boardwalk. Pool area is always clean. I have nothing but good things to say, made my vacation relaxing, will definitely make a return stay there.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Barbara,
Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated.
You and your family are always fabulous & so nice to all of us. It was a pleasure to see your son join you this year and your grandchildren are beautiful and well behaved.
Miguel does a stellar job with the pool and the pool area, heck he does a stellar job everywhere, what an amazing TEAM I am blessed to have here to be able to have people say things like you have said....All I can say is IM BLESSED to have all of them (Angie, Zulma, Donna, Lorraine) !!!!!
Thank you again and your already booked for room #203 in 2019. We look forward to having you return, you are part of the Lollipop Family.
609-435-4199

Reviewed August 20, 2018

I was there last week with my family. Denise and her staff do a great job making her guests happy. Our kids sleep in the beds, and my husband and I get the pullout. (I know, we should get a bed) the mattress was not the greatest. Really didn’t want to complain about it. I had called from the beach to ask the maids to put an extra blanket in the room so I can put it on top of the mattress. When we returned from the beach, Denise met us in the room to tell me she was replacing my mattress because I had several more nights to stay. I was truly amazed ! This place lives up to it’s good reviews. Great job Denise!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family

Joanne,
Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated and is to the point exactly what i was expressing to the review done by Sandra F. & she stayed during the same time period as you and wrote a review the same day as you.
Anytime you are traveling and something isn't up to your standards, you have to bring it to the attention of the manager/owner, and it is their responsibility to fix or replace what is wrong to the best of their ability. I was able to call around and get you a new sofabed mattress, because the framework was perfect still & it was the mattress's wear and tear that was the problem. I tell everyone to please do not count the sofabed as a regular bed, they are much thinner and springier, anyone tells you different they are not being truthful with you. A sofabed is a Sofabed is a Sofabed, you have to maintain it and replace when needed.
More on a positive note, your family was a delight to have and to be able to watch all of you have a blast together made me want to be on vacation too. The Staff & I appreciate you and we look forward to your return visit in 2019.
Thank again !!!