“Usual great stay”

Matador Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
“Usual great stay”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Our family had four 2 room efficiencies for a weekend in May 2014. We found that this stay, as all previous stays, was great. Clean, spacey rooms; great service; great location. Will be back and would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We have stayed here many times over the years. This is a very nice place, very clean, great facilities and an unbelievably friendly and helpful staff. The location is outstanding. The boardwalk and the beach are right there. They have grills available if you wish to cook for your self and a very nice pool. We had a slight issue with the WIFI reception in our room, I stopped in the office and mentioned it around 9:00 on Friday night, they had someone address it immediately! If I had to come up with a negative, the only thing I could think of is the parking is a little on the tight side which is not unusal at any of the motels/hotels in Wildwood.

Room Tip: Almost every room is oceanfront!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for the first time earlier this month. I normally stay in Wildwood Crest, but after seeing this hotel's location, decided to give it a try.

The people in the office were very friendly. The room and all the facilities were very clean. We had a minor issue with a non-working electrical outlet in the bathroom. I mentioned it to the one of the people working in the office and it was taken care of and corrected promptly with no further problem.

The facilities are very nice, the sundeck on the 4th floor is fabulous. The pool and jacuzzi are nice - although a little small for the size of the place. I would assume however, that a lot of guests opt to go to the beach since it's right there.

Overall, it was a very nice place and I would most definitely go back.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the 4th floor to be near the fabulous beach-front patio
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jg117
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because it was cheap. It was a beautiful beach weather October weekend. This motel does have a nice heated pool. That's about it. The rooms were clean enough but the bed was rock hard. Bring shampoo and soap because they don't supply it. It was fine for one night but that's about it. Had to remind myself I wasn't at the Westin

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Cawwee23
Spotswood, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Upon a reference from our friend we decided four years ago to give it a try. With that said we refuse to stay anywhere else. The beach is only steps away, a park for the kids, the boardwalk is also steps away. The upkeep of the property is awesome and very clean. They have a friendly daily cleaning crew to clean your room. The type room we stay in is a type 6 and oceanview. The view is beyond gorgious. Two balconys to choose to relax on. The pool is also very clean. They have a bbq area with grills in which are clean and work very well. Needless to say with how clean they keep it and having such a wonderful and outgoing staff and everything at your finger tips before you stay at another location. Please give the matador a try you wont stay at a better place. Also promise that you'll keep coming back. I know my family can't get enough so we vacation twice a year at the matador. :-)

Room Tip: Oceanview are the best rooms. They do not have their own fitness facility I only checked excellent d...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was the second year that we stayed here. My friends that I came down with have been staying here for years. We had a great room. Ocean front view. Room had everything in it. Refrig, stove, sink, coffeepot micro. Even dishes, pots and silverware. The beach was right in front of us. Not a far walk. Best of all the beginning of the boardwalk was right there. Very convenient. The staff was great. Our room was always cleaned. We stayed 4 nights right after labor day. Great time to be there. Not to croweded.Coming back next year. Already put in our reservations and deposit down. Can't wait.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family & I always vacation in Wildwood for our summer trips to the beach. We decided to stay at the Matador this year and our experience during our visit was wonderful. The staff, location, and
hospitality was first class. Our rooms were beautiful and clean, beds very comfortable. Our children loved playing in the pool and having the hotel right on the beach. I look forward to creating many more memories with my family at the Matador next summer and many
more summers to come.

Harbor Light Family Resort
Harbor Light Family Resort
#10 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Matador Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!