“below standards”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
philadelphia
“below standards”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I went here with my daughter and 2 grandkids. The place is old and dirty. The floors were not mopped before us arriving. The maid made the beds and gave new towels but that was it. The pool had alot of chemicals in it as if they didnt clean it and only put in alot of chemicals. My grandkids came home sick and im sure it is because of the room.

The only good thing about this place is the location to the beach and boardwalk. When we arrived and when we were leaving, we had to call for them to open the door to get and return the key.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank tmetzger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
supergenki
Reviewed July 24, 2009

Took my 2 kids and wife for three nights. The location was great and the pool was nice after a long day on the beach. However, for the rest it was a messy place with very small old rooms and leaky plumbing. The kitchenettes were horrible and dirty, You don't need the kitchenettes you will probably never use them. Great BBQ's outside to cook on. I must say that a nice ambiance existed at the place, Everybody used the BBQ's and had a beer together which was nice. Most of the guest did not like the rooms very much. In conclusion; you will save some bucks, be near the boardwalk and the beach, be away a bit from the hussle and the bussle and enjoy the BBQ's. On the other hand you will not sleep very well at night because the rooms are small, old and seemingly dirty. The place is not well kept in general in my humble opinion. I am not a snob on my hotel choices but this place was certainly in the low end of choices and would be a great place if I was with a bunch of young buddies. Don't bring you new lover there that is for sure.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank supergenki
pennsylvania
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Carl and Donna were very friendly and welcoming! The service was great, and the location was perfect. Was very happy with our time at Surf Haven, and plan on going back again this summer!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kate805
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed June 30, 2009

We have been staying here for the Beach Blast weekend for the past 3 years and it keeps getting better!! Every year something new is added to the rooms to keep them maintained. The room that I rent is perfect for 3-4 people. If you want to cook, (which I don't), it has a 4 burner cook top, refrig, coffee maker, pots, and utensils. The pool is always very clean and maintained. The maid was nice and our room was always made up. The location is great! You are right across the street from supermarket and pancake house. Just 1 street to cross and you are on the boardwalk or beach. The owners are very nice people and will help you with anything you need!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank seahawk6
new jersey
Reviewed May 19, 2009

My children and I have gone to Surf Haven now for the past 6 years. Donna and Karl the owners make you feel like family - my kids love and I love it. The motel is very clean, the maid service is excellent and very friendly. The owners are great and always willing to do anything to make your stay enjoyable. We enjoy sitting outside at night at the tables and meeting the other vacationers - who usually tell us how many times they have stayed there because of the hospitality and friendliness of the staff. The location is perfect for teenagers - a block from the boardwalk and I always feel secure in knowing that the area is safe and they can walk right home on the boards without being on the streets. The pool is fantastic too for the kids because you can watch them from your room if you want to or enjoy the lounge chairs and poolside tables as well. The music is great as well! It is also very affordable and the fact that you can bring your own food to cook on their outside grills is great as well.
All I can say is it's a wonderful place to stay and enjoy the ocean, meet new friends and enjoy old friends that you have met there over the years as well. Donna and Karl are the best!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank piscesgirl55
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 18, 2009

What can i say, I have been going from montreal to wildwood for years, Ever since I was born, Last year I booked my hotel at Surf Haven and I was just amazed in how they treated us, Donna & Carl made us feel at home, The beach and boardwalk are close by, All the staff at Surf Haven are truly amazing people, That I take them as friends, the rooms are just what you need, Air Conditioners to, Pool, All freindly people, I would personaly recomend this motel to anyone, If your looking to going for a good time and an amazing vacation Donna's motel is the place to be. I went to many other motels in North Wildwood, But none of them made me feel at home. Feel free to contact me anytime for more info dr.damore@live.ca and the name is Frank

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank frankdamore
somerdale
Reviewed May 10, 2009

We spent a week with our family and loved it !! Carl & Donna are teh beat. We were treated like family.. The beach/boardwalk is only two blocks away this is great if you have teenagers because the boardwalk is close by and they can walk to it. Once you park you car it stays. There is a great Pancake House across the street for a delicious breakfast!!! But the best fun we had was bbquing on the patio and partying with the other people there and the the owners, Carl & Donna. This is our 5th stay and we are working our 6th this summer .. if you want a reasonable, clean, safe and fun and friendly place to stay STAY HERE!!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family