“me & my family come here every year.”
Review of Surf Haven Motel

Surf Haven Motel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
“me & my family come here every year.”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I always come here, the place is great & the owners are really nice people. It is really close to the boardwalk and the pool is nice. It has a little kiddie pool that my son loves. I loved that when we checked out we were able to use the outside showers to clean up after the beach. Highly recommend this place to stay.

Marianne O

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
berlin,nj
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My family and I had a wonderful time at the Surf Haven. Great location, friendly staff, and all round very clean and comfortable. My kids enjoyed swimming in the pool and my husband loved being able to cook his own food on their two brand new grills. I would definitely recommend the Surf Haven Motel to friends and family and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

hey my name is Melissa and let me say that I LOVE Surf Haven The owners are Great people! there clean n so friendly there always make sure that you are well taken care of I love love the pool n its a great location you would be crazy not to stay here....I would be booking rooms here for many more years to come :)

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My family &I used this hotel for a few years now. This year we stood at this hotel for a few days in August. I think the owners are very nice &polite we had a really good time. Every morning the rooms were always cleaned &beds were made up. Staff was very polite &always asking if we needed anything. They made our stay really enjoyable &we can't wait to stay with them again for years to come.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Room worth the price and owner is very nice. IF You want the Hilton then pay $300 a night. love ya Donna .see yea next summer save my room.Love the pool. Thanks for having us :) the beach is be............

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2012

From the moment we arrived we were treated hospitably. Owners were very warm and friendly. On our first night, which was rainy, one of the owners recommended a restaurant we could walk to which was excellent, he is so familiar with North Wildwood that wherever we wanted to go he would be able to assist us in getting there. Our room and the property was clean and comfortable. Every need that we addressed was taken care of. The property was quiet and we met other families that had stayed there for many years and were quite content as well. After checking out of our room we were even offered showers and beach bathroom to clean up so we could enjoy the beach for the rest of the afternoon before taking our trip back home. He provided us with quarters to slug a meter so we could stop at the boardwalk to buy a special t-shirt he had been looking for for 10 years and directions to a specific shop that he would have a good chance in finding it. Not only did the shop have the tee shirt he was looking for but was able to find another two that we purchased as well. We will definitely look into staying at this motel in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed at the Surf Haven 8-12 - 8-17 with my husband and daughter and had a great time. The owners Donna and Carl were very welcoming and accommodating. The room was reasonably priced and very clean. I was also happy to see that our room was newly painted, and that both beds had new mattresses. The pool, which my daughter loved, was also well kept and clean at all times. It was great to see some familiar faces, as many guests were return visitors just like myself. The motel is only 1 1/2 blocks from the boardwalk and beach, which is very convenient. I was upset and offended to read a previous review which implied that the motel, and guests staying at the motel, were not clean. This is not the case at all. There is a huge difference between saying that something is dated, and stating that it is dirty. My room was very clean. Our bathroom had a clean tub and a new pedestal sink. I have stayed in various rooms at this motel, and although the interior of the rooms/bathroom may vary slightly, the kitchen and bathroom areas have always been clean. The cleaning staff was also friendly and polite. They made sure that the rooms, windows, and ashtrays were cleaned daily, and that the walkway area outside of our room was vacuumed. I have been staying at the Surf Haven for years, and I cannot wait until next year to return again. Thank you Donna and Carl for a great week!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family