“Good option when you can't eat any more diner food”
Review of Irie Caribbean Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
New York City, New York
“Good option when you can't eat any more diner food”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

After 4 days in Wildwood we could no longer eat any more diner food and came across this gem. Please know that there is no ambiance or decor here....but don't let the interior scare you off. This is about the best jerk chicken I have ever had. The owner is from Jamaica and you can sense he takes great pride in his food. We happily enjoyed our meals to some Bob Marley and would go back for more. Place is not marked well but is next to a large Chinese restaurant about a block away from the large water tower.

Visited June 2014

Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real Jamaican food!!!!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Was driving by and noticed this place over Memorial Day weekend and wasn't feeling pizza or another sandwich! So I ordered the large jerk chicken with collard greens, Mac and cheese, and rice and peas all for $16 bucks!!! Could feed three people with this meal! And I ordered a small ox tail for my girlfriend also with collard greens, and Mac and cheese for $10 bucks still a nice size portion!! Food was authentic and very we'll seasoned! One of the best Caribbean meals I ever had! And I have it at least twice a month! I would recommend this place to anyone who likes Caribbean food! I'm just mad that I wouldn't be back in wildwood for another month and a half, just so I can get this food!!!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sean A
“Great Jamacian food!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Had the jerk chicken with sweet potatoes and rice&peas! Food was awesome, not too spicy but great flavor. Great food!! Will return to again!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Lovefood569
“Food Coma Alert!!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

So good! Great price! Great food! Made to order. Fast service. Absolutely delicious. Large portion can feed two or three people! Generous portions and sides. The only problem is the address on trip advisor isn't right... It's on New Jersey not 23rd. Must try! Great for take out. Too small to eat in. I'm going to take a happy food nap now!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ProfNCP
“Just yummy!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

everything was wonderful, including the people who worked there, I had the oxtail dinner, medium portion was huge and delicious. my friend had the jerk chicken dinner and loved it, he also loved the candied yams side dish. I like that when u order a med or large dinner u get to choose 3 side dishes.
would love to return right now but I don't live in jersey.

• Visited July 2013