“Excellent Meal”

The Establishment at 100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ocean View, New Jersey, United States
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We visited the Establishment during Restaurant week and the meal could not have been any better. My boyfriend had the Hanger Steak and said it was the best steak he'd ever eaten. I had the crab cakes, which were delicious! The Red Curry Chowder was absolutely incredible... You've got to try it!! Everything was so good from the burnt cardamom carrots, the roasted green beans and roasted asparagus, and the smashed red potatoes. Our server Jarret was friendly, informative and made the whole meal move very smoothly. We topped it off with delectable desserts, key lime tart (delicious) and flourless chocolate cake (rich and yummy).
All in all it was a great meal and I would recommend it for a date night or a night out with the gang.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Nancy K

philadelphia
“Incredibly Delicious Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

This restaurant, highly recommended by friends, was even better than expected. From start to finish, the food was delicious and the wait staff was friendly and professional. In our party of four, we had the shrimp small plate, the house salad, and the special blueberry salad. Our entrees included the scallops, pork, crab cakes and cod. We shared the marscapone cake and peach rustica pie for dessert.

We found the prices to be reasonable for a better restaurant and in line with other restaurants in the South Jersey resorts.

We would definitely return to this restaurant again!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank PhiladelphiaCamelot
“So why did I downgrade the overall rating?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere is very comfortable but I wonder if the artwork came from a defunct steak house. Menu is very limited but that is ok. One of the items we ordered was sold out and the replacement was the last one. To me that means they want to keep items fresh. Food was excellent. Burnt carrots are a fun way to start the meal.

Wine list is also limited but ok. Service was excellent-Tim had charm and personality.

BUT when the bill came....it was in an American Express billfold. We presented our Amex card and were told, "we endorse Amex but we don't accept it." Come on! Just bring the bill on a plate or buy new billfolds.

Kinda left a bad taste for the evening.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Mjohn27883
“Scrumptious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Read about this one in the paper and of course I had to check it out. My friends were skeptical at first, but once the food came oh.my.god. Hands down, that was THE BEST steak I have ever eaten in my life. (The hanger steak). My friends got the octopus, asparagus and shrimp, and the spicy stuffed meatballs. As a very picky eater, I never thought in a million years that I would ever eat octopus, but my friend liked it so much I HAD to try-she was right! The wait staff was very pleasant and knowledgeable and we got our dinners very fast (about 15 minutes after placing our order). The key lime pie tart was our dessert and it was soooooo good.

The only negative thing I can say about the place is that when we entered they asked if we had a reservation and we said no. They said they were booked up but since we were early they could probably squeeze us in. We were the first ones there. They didn't fill to capacity the whole time we were there, but they were getting busier. My friends were a little off put by them saying that, but they did seat us and they did provide excellent service so that was overlooked quickly. All and all, this place is definitely worth checking out so make sure to give it a try!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank JerseyRonnay
Montvale, New Jersey
“North Wildwood Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I spend quite a bit of time in Wildwood Crest and our usual dinner destinations are the wonderful restaurants of Cape May. A friends recommendation took us to the Establishment. A delightful surprise located among some rowdy bars. The menu is very unique. "BURNT CARROTS" as an appetizer??DELICIOUS! Pork meatballs, redcurry chowder, cod, salmon and crab cakes - all recommended as are the desserts. Add the able attentive server - cute too! The result is a delightful dinner experience. By far the best bet for a good meal in the Wildwoods - support them or you'll be stuck with pizza on the boardwalk.

• Visited May 2013