“Great Irish Pub”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Albany, New York
“Great Irish Pub”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a Friday night dinner for 4 people here Labor Day weekend. Food is all Irish and American standards, nothing fancy, but well-prepared and pretty fast. Our waitress mis-timed one item but otherwise was very nice and attentive. Live music here regularly which is a plus!

Great onion rings, veggie burger, cold Guinness, and big wings. Only downside on the food was the chips... they were basically Lays Classic chips, definitely not kettle chips. An improvement would be if they made their own potato chips!

Wildwood, NJ
“Monday Night Chicken Pot Pie is the bomb!!!”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Went to The Pub for years, then it became run dow now, it is back! If you go on Monday you have to try the Chicken Pot Pie!!! Add Tuesday night wing night with all of the different sauces! Lot of Irish music too! Was there the day that Sean got the award for best pint of Guinness and had one too!!! Overall one of the best places on the island!!!

1 Thank Danceman2008
HILLSBOROUGH, NJ
“great wings, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Just returned from a trip to the Anglesea Pub. We went on a Tuesday and it was "wing" night. The Guiness BBQ wings are so delicious....highly recommend. We had a few beers, an order of garlic clams and 2 baskets of wings and our total bill was $22.00. You cannot beat that.
After dinner, sat at the bar and had a drink, very friendly people and lots of locals. You can always tell a good spot by how many locals eat there. This place is a winner....will go back when we vacation next year.

Edison, NJ
“Historic Pub, Good Basic Food, Low Prices”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Anglesea Pub is the oldest establishment in the Wildwoods, having been founded in 1885 as a bar for the fishermen who lived in North Wildwood. I ate their with my family last week and was very satisfied. I had seafood chowder to start, and roast turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, and corn. They roast turkey at the Anglesea every Sunday. Other members of my family had shepherd's pie and fish and chips.

The soup and the entrees were very good. While not gourmet food, everything we ordered tasted good and was clearly homemade. The bar retains its historic architecture, and the service was good. We did not have to wait a long time to get our food. Seating was a bit tight, and I recommend coming early to dinner. The Anglesea Pub is very inexpensive - the full price including tax and tip was under $15 per person.

1 Thank David W
Paramus
“Over Rated”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Read the reviews and since this is the number 1 rated restaurant in the Wildwoods area, had to check it out. Very disappointed to say the least. Granted, we got there at 9:15, but still not impressed. Prices are on the high side, especially since you DO NOT get french fries with your burger. You get essentially store brand chips. At $8-$10 for a burger, you should get french fries. I ordered their specialty, Irish stew. It was supposed to be served over mashed potatoes like any other stew. I did not get mashed potatoes. When I questioned why no mashed potatoes, the response was "we are out of them". I think I should have been told that when I ordered that they were out of mashed potatoes or I should have been brought a substitute. Don't understand the high scores, just average bar food at best.

2 Thank Mark S