“Great Affordable Weekend Away!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloha Oceanfront Motel

Aloha Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Morrisville PA
“Great Affordable Weekend Away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

Stayed at the Aloha in May 2010 for a weekend. We were with a group of 5 families.The rates were very reasonable,room was big,place was clean,nice pool,super close to the beach. We went with our 2 little ones and it was nice to not have to worry about them having to clean the room before they could play. And it was nice that the 2 beds we pushed against the walls in the bedroom. That way we didn't have to worry about the kids rolling out of the beds. The pool has a little kiddie pool but mine were more interested in the regular pool. The hotel is directly across the street from the beach.Also in the quiet end of Wildwood which was nice especially since traveling with kids.We are going back again this May and can't wait!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
      Cleanliness

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
York, Pa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

In 2004 my wife and I discovered the Aloha. Since then we've been to the Wildwoods 7 times, but have stayed at the Aloha only 3 times, simply because the other 4 times they were sold out. I think it's safe to say that we all have our favorite places to stay and the Aloha is our favorite. The reasons are simple. Being that my wife previously worked in the hotel industry as an executive housekeeper she sometimes has an annoying habit of pointing out what's wrong with the various places we've stayed. Upon the first time we stayed there she said "if there's anything wrong with this place I certainly can't find it". What impressed us the most is the fact that every time we've been there something has either been added or updated. Great places to stay in The Wildwoods are a dime a dozen. However, I think you'll be hard pressed to find another place where not only the owners and staff work as hard as Joni, Chris, and their staff do to keep their property looking great, but who also genuinely care about their guests. Great job guys and we look forward to seeing you in 2011.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FiveMileBeach
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2010

This may be the closest you can get to the ocean in a Jersey shore hotel. It is at the very north end of North Wildwood, where the beach is very narrow. The beach is directly across the street and at high tide, you could probably throw a stone from the second floor deck and reach the ocean.

We had a room "Style B - DELUXE OCEANFRONT SUITE WITH ALL GLASS FRONT". In the pictures I have included, you can see the view from the room and a view from the water of the front of the hotel. The Aloha is the smaller building in the middle. I also added a picture of a full rainbow I took from the beach across the street on the second day of our seven night stay. It was a truly memorable vacation!

I had some mixed feelings about the glass front. I thought a balcony would have been nice. The view with the glass front could be enjoyed in any type of weather. The glass was tinted, which helped keep the bright sunlight and reflections off the water from causing much glare. In the light of day you could see out good and people outside could not see into your room. You could leave the curtains open, enjoy the view and.......use your imagination. Don't take my word for it, check yourself if you stay in one of these rooms. At night if the lights in your room were on, outsiders could see in.

The management and employees were very friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The linens left a little to be desired.

One review mentioned that it was a long walk to the boardwalk from the hotel. If you have small children, you may prefer to be closer to the boardwalk. I hope you heed that advice if you are going to be in North Wildwood the next time I am at the Aloha. ;)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CDOJr1961
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

Just arrived from a 7 nights stay at the Aloha with my wife and two young child. I found this hotel on this website (tripadvisor) and We decided to try it because of the good reviews we found. We had an Oceanfront suite. The room was very functional (full size frig, microwave, and everything you need for cooking). The staff is very friendly and very nice. It was really clean.. but... the room has a lot of ants... specially in the bedroom... I informed the front desk about the problem and they told us they would take care of it... but ants.. even with their good intention.. they do not go as fast as you would like.. so it was better after that.. but we found a lot of them every day... We had to leave our luggage in the kitchen where we found less ants to be sure that we did not bring them with us at our home... My wife wanted to go home after our first night.. but I convinced her to stay... So we had a great time.. really enjoyed the location... but we won't go back again even though it would be a really nice place if the ants were not there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sebqc
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

My family has been staying at the Aloha for the past 18 years and it has always been an enjoyable experience. The room is thoroughly cleaned every day and the staff is friendly. We stay in an oceanfront room every time we come and we have a great view of the beach. Not to mention, we have the convenience of only having to walk across the street to the beach. Overall, our stay is always worth 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

Last summer I decided to make a long weekend trip. By way of a passing tip I took a leap and decided to look at places in Wildwood NJ. I live in MD and my whole life have gone Ocean City MD for our summer trips(long and short). I had no idea where to start so I started with a list of places from the internet. I decided to start at the beginning with the a's. The Aloha was the first place I called. I was stunned with how friendly the service was just over the phone!! They were able to accomodate us. When we arrived to the Aloha for our stay they worked really hard and got us in our room early. They were just as pleasent in person! The room was great and SPOTLESS! They also helped a lot with directions and recommondations it being our first visit in the area. Their pool was great for our 3 year old son and had a great little cafe. P.S they have a wonderful Italian Ice stand!!! We had a fabulous time. We ended up returning again the next month for another stay. We already have been therein 07/10 and are returning again in September. Goodbye Ocean City Md, HELLO ALOHA! We have a new vacation spot at the Aloha Oceandfront with twice the fun and half the price!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

We have just returned from our 3rd stay at the Aloha this year. We stayed in May, July 4 weekend and last week of July. We have also been staying at the Aloha for vacations for almost 15 years. It is the best location in Wildwood. Across the street from the beach. Has a coffee shop for breakfast and luch which are very reasonably priced and great tasting. The owners Joanie and Chris and their entire staff are the best, nice and friendly. We love the nice atmosphere there also. Quiet at night but busy and family oriented during the day. We highly recommend the Aloha.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
#10 of 41 in North Wildwood
Harbor Light Family Resort
Harbor Light Family Resort
#8 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Aloha Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!