“He (Don) gave our spot away.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Tuscany Condo Resort
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I spent months looking for a place to stay for prom weekend for my friends and I, and I finally found one at a nice price with this location. After discussing a plan with the manager, Don, we came to an agreement and I told him I would give him a call back soon to book/reserve the rooms. I called and he no longer had our rooms available for the dates we discussed, and tried to convince me to stay in one room for one day and then switch to another on the second day. My friends and I were really excited for this, but now with only 2 weeks left to find a location, we're panicking to find one. Thanks a lot Don.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank BillChung11
There are newer reviews for Tuscany Condo Resort

Reviewed May 12, 2011

I called Don at the tuscany to get a room booked for Aug. 2011 but the room I wanted was not available so he offered another room and gave me a very far price for the week. I sent the deposit as he requested and believeed everything was set so I told my family and they were excited since we have stayed there in the past. Then just a few weeks later I recieved a call from a woman who said she was the manager saying they recieved a check from me but dont know why so I explained that the info is on the check just as Don Sullivan (Manager) requested. She said oh ok and began to confirm everything with me. I asked her to go over the price and she did, but it was 400higher now. So I explained everything that me and Don had agreed to since I had it all written down and she said it was wrong and told me it would be the new price. And of course Don was not available to talk to me!! So she rudely says do you want me to mail your check back and I said yes and have waited two weeks before writing this, but still no check. I am not the only person who has posted this complaint about the new management and I'm sure I will not be the last. The last person who this happen to they didn't find out about the increase until they arrived for their stay. The only good thing out of this is that they didn't get me too. And I have found a much better place just a block away at the Malibu. Dont fall for it they will get you.

Room Tip: Stay at the Malibu down the street.
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank mjlgolling
Reviewed October 6, 2010

New management is rude, rooms are not as clean as they were. Have stayed at Tuscany approx. 15 times and will not return without Paul. Apparently parking permits mean nothing now because half the cars didn't have them and nothing was done about it leaving me without a parking space and a manger who was rude about it and unwilling to help. I raved about this motel in the past to everyone going to the shore but those days are gone and not coming back until management improves.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank cbscbs
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I booked the Tuscany because my sister told me they recently updated their rooms and they had a good price for a weeks stay. I had stayed there about 4 -5 years ago but wasn't that thrilled with the rooms. Because my sister told me they updated I was willing to give it a try.

The rooms were horrible. My room was something out of the Brady Bunch Era but more run down. I was horrified because I also recommended the hotel to 2 of my Aunts and their families who were joining us on vacation. My one Aunts room was the nicest out of the three I would say more circa 1980's and my other aunts room was like mine out of the 70's. The rooms needs total overhaul. The mattresses were horrible everyone had back aches. The kitchen are not equiped well. We had like 8 forks and 2 spoons, everything was mismatched. THere is a layer of dust so thick on our balcony doors I warned the kids not even to open the doors. The blinds were missing pieces so the sun greeted you every morning bright and early. There was a marshmellow behind my daughters bed when we checked in. These rooms needs a good cleaning desperately.

The pool was kept clean but the area around it needed tending to. There was tons of food wrapers and various food items that fell on the floor which made it gross to walk around. The pool was also supposed to be anyone under the age of 16 years old needed to have a parent with them, That was not so. There were a large group of kids in the pool all day long with no parents even in sight screaming at the top of their lungs from 10:00 am to around 6:00 pm each day which did not make the pool enjoyable to anyone but their group. My children went in the pool once in the 7 days we were there.

I think the Tuscany needs a complete overhaul and we will not be returning

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank gandrlawson
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This was our second time in wildwood and wanted to try something closer to the boardwalk. One block away - very convenient. The rooms are very spacious and fit 5 of us comfortably for the week. I love the sunken living room and the separate dining area. However, the pool area needed attention. The pool itself was fine but the area around it (which is tiny - def not much room to hang out) was sloppy. There were pool toys there that were broken that needed to be discarded and the cement around it needed a good power washing. I would look to stay somewhere else next year.

By the way, we left our beach cart with all our stuff in the alley (we were on the 2nd floor) to dry all week long. On our last day there, we were getting ready to go to the beach and noticed we were missing items. low and behold the items were found behind the back of someone's truck. Apparently this truck belonged to someone in management and they thought that the cart was just left there cuz it was parked there all week. IT WAS THERE CUZ WE WERE THERE ALL WEEK!!! hmmm....

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank nmhemeon
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Wow, I wish there was a way to put in negative stars in the rating.

We made reservations with Paul two months before our arrival date. I wanted two rooms with two beds and a sleeper sofe with a cot in each room. Paul was great and said that would all be arranged. I mailed a check as a deposit as I was told they would not accept a credit card. I even recommended it to another friend who was coming into town the same weekend.

I got a call a week before our trip from the new manager Carol who said that Paul had been fired for quoting room rates that were too low and promising guests things like cots. If I wanted to stay, I would need to pay another $40/per room per night. If I wanted two cots, I would neesd to rent them for another $40 a night. I tried to explain that I had already made the reservations and that I wanted her to honor it. She said that if I were unhappy, I could go somewhere else. She was EXTREMELY RUDE!!! Since we were so close to our arrival date, we couldn't find another place as there was a huge tournament happening in town.

The rooms were okay, so I thought, until the last day when we were packing up and saw two cockroaches crawling in the bedroom. The pool was pretty gross. I'm not sure if/when they clean the pool.

We hightailed it out of there and WILL NOT GO BACK!!!! Beware beware beware.

I will be calling the condo association to also met them know how disappointed we were with stay and Carol.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank NlnNdrw
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Hotel is a great hotel we have stayed there for many years, never had any issues and if we did Paul and Diana made sure they took care of them. But during our vacation they replaced Paul and Diana with Carol who is not people oriented at all and is rude! If she didn't want to come out of retirement to work with the public then WHY come back to work? This was a great place to stay Really was disappointed in the Tuscany Condo Association because the only thing they could say is she is overworked! Really she really needs to go!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family