Just came back from what I consider my worst hotel/motel stay ever and I travel for a living. Absolutely don't believe what they say on their Web Site.
Here's why - When I opened the door, I found myself in a room no bigger than 12'x12'. The room had a full bed at the corner of the room leaving only one side to get out from. There was a small table with chairs and a chest of drawers with TV on it. If you pulled the chair to sit on it there was no room to move. Also, there was no place to put my suitcase after I emptied it. The room had a small refrigerater with coffee maker on it. If the lights in room were on along with A/C and you plugged in the coffee maker the ircuit would trip. (Had a hard time fixing it the first night as the management is not available after 10 PM) At other end of the room was a door to the smallest bathroom possible - the pot was so small that it was hard to sit on. I did not know companies made such compact pots. All this reminded me of my dorm room when I was in college with the exception that my dorm room was roomier (just to give you an idea of how cramped the space was.)
Let me start with the room - the room had a musty smell and carpet was worn and dirty. The walls were filthy and the ceiling looked like it had repaired for water leaks - most of it was popcorn with patches of flat. The lights fixtures had dead bugs in them and had wiring that was not in the wall. The full bed seemed to be at least 15 years old had springs poking you when you sat on it. The sheets and covers were faded and worn. The table and chairs were heavily used. The dresser was so old that the front of upper drawer came in my hand. Only good thing so far was the TV - it was colored and had a working remote control.
I think you get the idea, so I won't go in to describing the bathroom except to say that take a quick shower or you will burn/freeze as water temp kept on swaying from icy cold to bubbling hot. Also, let the water run for few minutes before brushing your teeth as the initial flow was light yellow in color - better still buy bottled water to brush your teeth.
Quick word about the daily maid service, the only thing I saw done was garbage removed and towels replaced in bathroom. The bed had the cover straightened but when I lifted it the sheets under were from the night before and not even straightened. Was the carpet vacummed - couldn't tell you.
On the aminities listed, Wireless Internet - my computer could not detect it, Heated Pool - yes if you like the temp to be in low 70s, Refrigerator - yes was physically present, but didn't really cool my cans of beer even after they were in it over night, A/C - yes, noisy but thankfully working.
Here's the positive thing ... it was a beach block property.
Bottom line is that the motel stay dampened my whole vacation - one that I had saved for for a long time. For $125+ a night, I could have stayed in a much better place. Unfortunately, I could not move out after the first night as they take cash (paying by credit card has an extra 5% added.) and all up front for the entire stay. They have a policy of no refunds ... (I guess) otherwise most guests will leave after the first night.
One last thing, you are not allowed by management to bring company to your room. If you do, they charge you extra. Just wondering how they track that ... hmmmm.
So imho, please find a better place to stay ... Wildwood is full of motels/hotels and most are beach block or close to the beach - it wouldn't take you more than 5 minutes to walk to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Florentine Family Motel is owner-operated with a friendly staff.The beach is just a few houses away. Relax in our heated pools under the sun, or peruse the various attractions, thrill rides, and water parks just a couple of blocks away. The elevator makes it easy to get to the 2nd & 3rd floors. We offer daily housekeeping and laundry facilities, along with free Wi-Fi, and a refrigerator and microwave in every room. The kids enjoy our cartoon channels, while the adults can watch one of the 3 HBO channels on our new flat screen TVs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Florentine Family Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florentine Family Hotel North Wildwood
- Florentine Family North Wildwood