“Best Hotel In North Wildwood”
Review of Beach Hugger Motel

Beach Hugger Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Beach Hugger Motel
Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I have stayed at the Beach Hugger on multiple occasions. My parents also. I have went there with my family, 2 teens. And we went last year with a group of us. Jim and his wife are the best. It is a perfect spot for everything, and I never had a problem. I wish he would of had room for me this year, but I will make reservations for next yr when I'm down..lol. We sat out and socialized all night, sure you can't use the pool but that is for insurance purposes. If you wanna party loud and be disrespectful. Or if you have rowdy, unruly children or teens please don't go there cause I don't want that on my vacation.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank roseryan20

Reviewed September 18, 2010

What a great time at the Beach Hugger, Jim, Dawn and the Housekeepers make you feel welcome. Been comming back the same week in September and reuniting with the Huggerettes--see you all next year.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2010

This was the first time that I stayed at the Beach Hugger Motel it was a great motel very clean the rooms are great the owners are really friendly and nice if they can help you with anything all you had to do was asked. This location is great because its near the beach and the pool was very clean I would stay here again next year if i go to wildwood again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I have been coming to beach hugger since 2006 and my kids always ask are we going to "beach hugger?" It is an extremely clean motel literally across the street from one of the most desirable parts of wildwood. The beach here is not a long walk and great lifeguards. So clean. We always walk to the boardwalk and there is a bike path with playground equipment along the way. We came down on Aug.14 and told the owners we were bringing guests. There is usually a $10 fee per guest for visitors, they waived the fee. I felt she did this because we always come down. She probably wouldn't do this for everyone. The rooms are so clean and the motel has a homey, cozy feel. We love it and will come back again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband & I stayed at the Beach Hugger along with my sister, brother-in-law, and their two children. The motel is located less than a block from 2nd street beach. It is extremely clean. Pool is big and open until 8:00PM. Rates are reasonable. This is a real family hotel, many kids using the pool throughout the day and very quiet at night. My only complaint is that they mixed-up our reservations and put my sister and her family in a room with only one bed, no pull-out couch, and a mini-fridge instead of the one bedroom they reserved. There was a lot of scrambling between 3 rooms over 2 days. My husband and I had to take my sister’s room and we gave them our room with two beds (still no separate bedroom). I understand that mistakes happen be felt this was handled inappropriately by the owners. They initially gave no warning that the requested room was not available and I guess hoped we would not notice there was no separate bedroom and only one bed. Unfortunately the motel was at capacity and we had no choice but to stay in the only rooms they had available. We were told by Jim that we would be reimbursed for the room change however had to argue with Dawn at checkout to refund the difference since the promised room was not available. Maybe if they updated their reservation system, or send out a written confirmation with the room rates and description of the actual room to be received, such problems could be avoided in the future.The mismanagement of this situation tarnished our experience with the hotel and despite the positive attributes of the motel itself, we will not stay here in the future.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Erincmull
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Jim and Dawn have the best accomodations at the shore. The chambermaids do an excellent job. The rooms are always immaculate and the stay is always memorable. We always meet great people and have alot of fun here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 30, 2009

We've been vacationing in North Wildwood every summer for the past 30 years. We thought we had stayed at every guest house,hotel and motel on the island, until now.
It was last minute, we were in town for a wedding, it was Irish Weekend and the town was packed. We called several places and there were no reasonable rooms available. We saw The Beach Hugger on Trip Advisor and called. Tom took our call, rented us the room and made us feel extremely welcome upon arrival. It was like we were guests at a friends home. The motel is in a great location and the room was clean and comfortable. We will definitely call again for our next stay in North Wildwood, everytime!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple