“Truly disappointed!”

Champagne Island Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Champagne Island Resort
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Truly disappointed!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I did read the reviews prior to our visit- I am shocked about rude behavior from ladies at the front desk..(except the red head!) just to check in was as if we were bothering them. And during our stay as you walk through the small lobby-totally a negative vibe going on..room was meh, great location- no housekeeping just a lady who threw towels down as needed. During our stay we had an early morning fire alarm go off throughout the whole property-many guests stayed in their rooms and staff was nowhere to be found during this scary ordeal. Clearly the bar/club downstairs is the money maker and the priority...if u stay here, don't expect a warm and welcoming environment. As I've learned while staying at this hotel.."While in Wildwood do as the Wild Would"

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Was gonna stay here early in the summer but decide against it and went to another shore point instead due to the reviews of this hotel. At last minute on Friday Sept 13 I found myself in wildwood and decided to give them a chance. I was very pleasantly surprised. Ladies at front desk during my very early morning check in were extremely friendly an informative. My room was #107 which when I opened my sliding doors lead me onto the pool deck including a tiki bar. The room was an ocean view, 1 bedroom, small livingroom with efficiecy and bathroom with full tub/shwer. The place was extremely clean. As far as party noise yes I head some from the club downstairs but not enough to keep me awake. The location is what I was paying for since I was alone and didnt need to be walking around alone at night. By the way Matt the bartender and the young girl waitressing wih him at the tiki bar were very friendly and enjoyable to speak with. Do not know if I will return cause not a great fan of Wildwood itself but would recommend to a friend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Terry F
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

The women at the front desk ( one in particular ) are completely rude
We had multiple problems in our room ( we have stayed there the last several years) so you would think they would want to keep us happy. Hey they should be rolling out the red carpet for everyone who stays there for the money they charge.!!! Instead they act like they are doing you a favor!!
The "owner " Kelly who i thought was very nice in past years, I realized when you have a problem she is completely different and no help what so ever! We will Never stay here again. So u have lost the multiple rooms we book every year. Very bad business and did not! Appreciate the attitudes!
Won't be back

• Stayed July 2013
7 Thank Jagger527

Travelers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'm guessing we got lucky with the location of our suite at this hotel, because we didn't have any issues with noise from the bar downstairs or the pool. We were in a family suite on the first floor (Room 105) and were in a corner well away from the pool and also not directly above the bar downstairs.

Our room was very big with a large new-seeming full kitchen and bathroom. The pull-out beds were not great, but that is to be expected. The double bed in the bedroom was much more comfortable, though.

We were also a one-minute walk to the beach, a five minute walk to WaWa, and less than five minutes from pretty much all the bars. Can't beat that location.

I can see how it would be rough if you were staying directly above the bar downstairs as they had music on down there that was insanely loud, but as long as you are in a room away from that section of the hotel, you should be fine. The hotel is definitely a good deal considering how big the rooms are and how close it is to everything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Holland, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for our Birthday weekend, Memorial Day weekend. The staff was really nice. They were so concerned about the noise level coming from the downstairs nightclub, which truthfully didn't bother us at all. They should of been more concerned about the cleanliness of the room. They offer housekeeping services,based on as needed. What! No one came in and mopped or vaccum or even wipe down the bathroom. They don't even make the bed. They deliver fresh towels and empty the trash, that's it! Thank God I brought my Clorox Wipes. Also, don't book a room on the pool deck, big party on Sat. and Sun. Lots of drunks walking by your room. Scary!!!! The pool is open to the public for a nominal fee. So, not sure if we will stay there again, probably not!

Room Tip: Book on the 2nd or 3rd floor, not pool deck.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Linda S
Endwell, New York
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were in town from Thursday to Sunday. Might have had a better night sleep if I slept in my Jeep. As everyone said, The DJ played until 3:00 AM and was so loud, sleeping was nearly impossible unless you were dog tired. I guess they care more for the bar patrons than guests. The room was nice though.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Isleboat
Long Valley, New Jersey
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This place is not for everyone. I know there are people who love it here and rent rooms for the full season. This place has so much potential, they should probably read some of these reviews and make some changes. They put us in a room directly over Flip Flopz Bar & Grill, where they play very loud music with lots of bass until 3 AM. If you like to sleep from midnight to 9 AM, you will have trouble. They should have offered some kind of warning at the time of reservation, that would have been only fair. I would guess the upper rooms do not have as much of a problem with the loud music as we did, but they were full and there were no options. The parking was an issue also. Some of the parking spots are doubled up. When they are full and you have to use a pull-through spot, you will need to get someone to move before accessing your car. They suggested we not move our car if we get a good spot, so we had to take a taxi to the boardwalk one night. They have a small pool on the 2nd floor and you can drink beverages purchased only from the poolside Tiki bar, no outside beverages. The lower and upper bars are connected by a stairwell and there were people there untill 3 AM, quite the hot spot. We would have loved to visit there again, but we cannot go without sleep. I am sure they will get by without our business. I get the feeling they make most of thier money from the bar. I only wish there was another place in that part of town that was quieter.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as possible on the north side and make them promise you that room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
#19 of 41 in North Wildwood
Harbor Light Family Resort
Harbor Light Family Resort
#10 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Champagne Island Resort? Share your experiences!