“Very enjoyable”
Review of Carideon Motel

Carideon Motel
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I have stayed at the Carideon on 3 occasions. Yuri and Heidi are extremely friendly and great hosts. I booked at the last minute this year and was unable to get a first floor room, I suffer from emphysema. On the second night they had a small suite available on the first floor, Yuri moved me there at no extra charge.

If you read a bad review it is just sour grapes! I will be back in September and again next July.

John Madison
Chester county, Pa.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank jaymaurizzi
There are newer reviews for Carideon Motel

Reviewed June 7, 2011

Yuri and the staff ALWAYS make me feel welcome! And now that this was my second trip they remembered me and that was really cool! My friends and I don't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2011
6  Thank Jennyb711
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I love this place i went here for my prom weekend n had the best time 2 blocks from the bordwalk n the stay was cheap the people were lovely

• Stayed: May 2011
7  Thank minnienmickey
Reviewed August 2, 2010

What a shame! My boyfriend and I went to Wildwood for a few days for his birthday and wanted thought this hotel looked nice and the prices were reasonable. NOT WORTH IT! We barely slept due to the hard mattress and the freezing cold room (you could not control the air). They advertised free HBO, but not only did we not have that, but many of the cable channels were not working. When we originally called to book, they quoted us one price, but then when we called to finalize and reserve the room, they quoted us another price. We had two friends visit the last night (the room actually slept four people) and they charged us for them sleeping with us that morning. The manager hovers around the office day and night; we felt like we were being monitored. It was not a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rgwynn
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Our soccer team booked about 6 or 7 rooms for Beach Blast weekend. It was a 3 night minimum and we paid a little bit less then $200 a night. The dishonest owner charged some of our 6 person families an additional person charge of $20 per night even though the motel brochure described the room as sleeping 6 people. After we checked in, we discovered the air conditioning didnt work. And I dont mean just my room, the whole motel's air conditioning system was broken. How do have the nerve to charge an extra person fee knowing your air conditioning unit was broken? The owner, Yuri, did "help" his customers by telling them were they could buy (with their own money) fans to use in their rooms. My family had to sleep in a sweltering motel room for the low, low price of $200 per night. Plus, I had to spend time shopping for a fan. Why didnt I crack a window you ask? Because out of the two windows in the bedroom, one had a ripped screen and the other just wouldnt open. The room itself was a dump and I am not a nitpicker on motel rooms. I've been visiting the Wildwoods for years and I knew not to expect the Four Seasons. The decor and furniture in the room had to be at least 50 years old. The game room was littered with trash on the floor. The caulk around the pool was coming up and getting on people's swimsuits. The mistake I made was not reading the reviews because at least two other people mentioned no air conditioning over the last 5 years.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank wiffybogg
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Sleep in your car before staying here!!! THIS PLACE IS A DUMP. Dirty, AC doesn'n work, bathroom was repulsive, room smelled like vomit.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tcflbr
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed at this hotel out of desperation to get a room for one night on Labor Day weekend. It looks decent from the outside and they were pretty nice in the office. We were successful in getting a room for what I thought was a pretty decent price. Got out key and walked into the room and I wanted to run for the hills. The room was dark and dingy and was only kept up slightly. Our room was centrally located to the office and the pool area and little did we know we signed up for a dance party outside our room. The had a DJ blasting music for hours and hours. The room had dust and spiderwebs everywhere and hair in the shower and bathroom. I lifted the mattresses and they seemed brand new but I still felt gross in the room. This motel needs to be knocked down and built from scratch. YUCK!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends