“awesome fresh seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Berlin
“awesome fresh seafood”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

we went here because someone told us about it and now we tell everyone about it! Food was fresh hot and batter on the fried fish was the best I ever had. If I could pick one place to eat in wildwood it would be Rick's

• Visited June 2011

Nazareth, PA
“My favorite seafood takeout”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My wife and I go to North Wildwood once or twice a year, and we probably get half our dinners from Rick's. The flounder is the best I've ever tasted. The clam chowder is so good, we always take several quarts home for friends. If you're on a budget, the flounder sandwich or shrimp basket are good alternate choices instead of the platters, offering generous portions. If you only have the takeout menu on hand, bear in mind this is basically a fully stocked seafood store, so you have other options. Last time, we ordered several pounds of shrimp and had it steamed. The bread is great, too. Especially if you're a displaced Jersey boy or New Yorker, craving authentic baked goods. During the summer, the kitchen gets swamped with orders. It's best to call far ahead.

• Visited August 2011
Sharpsburg, Georgia
“Take out place with best flounder and shrimp at great prices”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I was born and raised in this county and have eaten in many of the restaurants here throughout the years. Although I live out of state, I make several trips a year to this area.
Every trip and I do mean every....we always have at least one dinner from Rick's Seafood in North Wildwood. It's only a take out place but the locals and regular summer folks know this place has great seafood at reasonable prices. My husband insists Rick's has the best flounder he has ever eaten anywhere. That is a huge compliment and statement as we have visited many domestic and international cities and eaten our share of seafood all over. Rick's flounder is always tender and moist. You get several nice sized pieces of fish regardless whether you get just flounder or the combo which we normally get with the fried shrimp. One combo platter is enough for both of us. I don't remember the exact price but I think the combo platter costs around $18. You get 5-6 shrimp that are so huge Rick's butterflies them!! They are always cooked just right with not a heavy breading. Food is always consistent. In the summer months, it's best to call ahead or you'll need to plan to wait for your food. Rick's is open year round but during the winter months they're open only on the weekends. Rick's also offers fresh seafood that you can purchase and cook on you own: shrimp, fish, crabs, etc. Why pay fancy prices for a fancy restaurant and then only get average food when you can go to Rick's???

• Visited May 2011