“Excellent location and fun place to go!”
Review of Coconut Cove - CLOSED

Coconut Cove
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

You can get excellent sunset pics here....great entertainment under the tent and on the dock when they have the shows! Food is ok....seating outside is my favorite....will be going back!

1  Thank beachluvr0881

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Over all experience was awesome made you feel like that you were on a tropical island. Service was average & food was average. Perfect if you just want to go for drinks and a tropical experience!

1  Thank DiGi2711
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I had eaten there twice before and it was an "OK" experience (food/atmosphere/service). However this last experience on Friday 8/23 will be enough for me to never go back to eat there.
I had ordered snow crab clusters and once they arrived I found that I didn't have utensils to open the shells. They provided plastic forks and a wooden mallet. Snow crab shells are too soft that a mallet doesn't work but too tough that a plastic fork just breaks. It took a while to find the waitress but I asked her for shell crackers and she said they didn't have any. I asked for a metal fork and was also told they didn't have any. I told her I couldn't get the meat out of the shells and it was a waste of money. The waitress then proceeded to tell me that I was not the only customer that had complained about not having the right utensils to eat the crab and she felt they should remove it from the menu or buy the utensils.....I completely agreed and asked for the manager. After about 15 minutes of barely any food in my stomach, I called the waitress over and asked why the mgr hadn't come to my table to which she said "She told him but he probably won't come over and will make me deal with it". My wife and I became extremely angry that the mgr felt he had a choice in servicing us or not. I sent her off to insist he came over.
He arrived about 5 minutes later and told me the reason they don't have the utensils is because "they are an outside restaurant". I explained that I didn't know what that meant (and didn't care) because they shouldn't have it on the menu if it is impossible to eat without.
I told him that I refused to pay for my crabs. He said the best he could do was take 1/2 off. I told him to expect a blasting on the internet.

Here it is (plus I intend on doing the same on many other sites). Also given the fact that he felt he didn't need to pay attention to us, I feel he should be terminated.

6  Thank Tim W
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went tonight with 9 people to see the pirate show. It cost a small fortune and was totally not worth the money. The show was poorly written and acted and not funny at all, in fact it was slightly inappropriate for young children when they started singing I'm Too Sexy. It was as if it was written the night before by the neighborhood kids. The kids in our party liked going on stage to do the Arrgh contest but they were disappointed that they couldn't do the sword fight (that was reserved for older kids). The food consisted of bbq chicken and pork, fries and corn for adults and chicken nuggets and fries for kids. None of it was good. The prices were exorbitant--for a pitcher of lemonade, it cost $8. In addition, I had left several phone messages for weeks asking what they would do for my son who has severe tree nut allergies and they never called me back. When I arrived, I did speak with a manager. But all being said, for almost $300, it just wasn't worth it. People were leaving with a look of utter astonishment on their faces, not smiling. We will never go back.

5  Thank andreabZ8963RO
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This is the first negative review I have ever done. RUDE RUDE RUDE!!!!!' Went with my two young boys. We were well dressed, and ready for a nice dinner. I was insulted by the 500 pound bouncer and then had a rolling of the eyes by the girls at the hostess stand when we did not have cell phones on us. We were told the buzzers for the wait were out of order and they needed to call us on our cell phones. I can't imagine the owners know how their employees are treating their guests. I travel the world and eat out all the time. Too many good places to eat to ever go back to this dump. We are a well educated well traveled family and have never written a poor review. DO NOT GO HERE

3  Thank klopresto