“Really good food and prices”

Jimbo's Family Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is a great breakfast spot. Voted "Best Breakfast in The Wildwoods" in 2011. All new Ice Cream Parlor. Great burgers and Late Snacks. Great prices and a very family friendly atmosphere with a magician for the kids making balloon animals while you wait.
Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is a diner not an upscale restaurant.We went for dinner and everything was really good. And it was probably the most affordable meal we ate while on vacation. My husband got a pizza steak, I got a chicken sandwich and the kids got chicken fingers and grilled cheese,all came with French fries.Fast service and we liked the mini golf after dinner. They also had really good coffee. Will go back next time we are at the shore!

lovenorthwildwood, Owner at Jimbo's Family Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Thank you very much for your review! We read every one but unfortunately do not get to respond to all right away. I am very glad that you had a good meal and mentioned the value. We try very hard to maintain the quality while keeping the prices as low as possible. We also pride ourselves on our coffee (it helps that I drink 10 cups of black coffee a day too!) I hope you do visit us again next summer and check out our planned renovations and menu additions. Regards - JIMBO

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Came here with wife and kid for breakfast on a saturday morning. Place was packed and got seats within a few minutes. Waitress was good and attentive even with being busy. Food was fresh and good. Prices are avg for the area. Also there is mini golf which is nice. To sum it up yes we will return when back in area. Thank you Jimbo's.

Thank you for your review! Everything that you mentioned is an area that we strive to do exceptional in. I also hope that you will come back in next time you are in The Wildwoods and come in and check out our renovations next summer. Regards - JIMBO

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We ate at Jimbo's for breakfast. It was close to the motel and they serve the usual breakfast. The price was average-$38 for four (plus tip) Coffee & food was good! Also, they have a mini golf on the lot. It wasn't too challenging, but great for kids!

Thank you very much for your review. I do not get a chance to respond quickly sometimes but we do read every one. We are glad that you enjoyed your breakfast and visit.
Regards - JIMBO

Reviewed July 17, 2014

-4 adults and 1 child; Heard some good things from some locals about this place for breakfast. After requesting the fan to be turned off of high to something more guest appealing, I had their breakfast special; The “Red, White and Blue pancakes. They were blueberry pancakes with sweetened cherry syrup (same used on ice cream) and whipped cream on top with a side of scrapple. Pancakes were with real blueberries, not those pre-made kind. It took a long time to get 2 orders of pancakes, chipped beef (which came out cold for Mom), 2 eggs & bacon (for Dad). Place was empty. Pancakes were good and hot for me, and the scrapple was not bad…I think it was not cooked 100%. Another family of 4 was seating 10 minutes after us, ordered the same stuff, except for the chipped beef; they were served, had hot food, paid a left just about the same time we were served our breakfast. Overall, not bad 2 of 5 stars. Service was a little lacking, atmosphere was mis-matched chairs (neon colors), no spoons on place mats. Had to ask for spoons & jelly…really?

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Horrible service and a really dumb young waitress who kept telling us that our requests were "no problem". No toast offered, ridiculously weak unsweetened iced tea, ordinary spinach and provolone omelet and inedible pancakes. To add insult to injury, a really homely twosome of girls proceeded to put on underarm deodorant at the table.(not Jimbo's fault but added to the bad experience nonetheless) Never go back!

GRP - After reading your review, all I can say is WOW! It reads as if you were not even in our place. The best part was that your omelette was "ordinary" After experiencing such a bad breakfast in your opinion, why did you not ask to speak with the owner? I would have come out from the kitchen immediately to speak to you and would have remade whatever you did not like or If that was your breakfast experience, I certainly would not have charged you a penny!
We just won a readers choice award for "Best Breakfast" in a regional publication again and also received an honorable mention in another for our pancakes. I am concerned that yours were "inedible" since they are cooked to order. Again, I am confused as to why you did not ask for me or a manager. Toast with butter and jelly comes with all of our egg meals (omelette should have had toast). The teas are Coke products and we did not have any complaints all summer - again, all I can say is if you ever are experiencing such a bad meal - ask for someone to come over and try to rectify at least some of it.
As for your waitress, I cant really comment on your opinion of one of our college students as being "young and dumb" - I do not see young as being an insult and unfortunately, "dumb" can be very objective.