“Stayed in a week in July”
Review of Sahara Motel

Sahara Motel
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was our first year staying at the Shara. Great location. We had a few problems which the staff quickly fixed. Don't know why other reviewers are complaining about towels and cleanliness. Our towels were always restocked and I watched someone walk around all day and clean up outside. I would like to see three umbrellas on sundeck (three table only two umbrellas) and new sleeper sofas ( cushions and mattress was horrible). I will be going back next year if opened.

1  Thank Janet G
Kathy M, General Manager at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I am glad you had a great time and thank you for being our guest! I do agree with you, three tables, three umbrellas. I am working on that. Hope to see you next season!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have been coming to the Sahara for years and like many others, were surprised when we found out beforehand that the old owners were not around. We were originally skeptical, as we had very good service with the former owners and had heard some not so great stories of how the hotel was being managed in the past 2 months. We have just come back from our trip this past weekend and I have absolutely nothing to complain about!. There are numerous families in our group and between us all, we rent out at least 8 rooms at the hotel. No one had any major issues. If there weren't enough towels in the room, I asked and they were brought immediately. Another member of our group had a lamp and tv not working, they were immediately fixed. Someone in our party got locked out of their room at night, management got us in right away. Our rooms were all clean and ready at check in. The pool was very clean as was the sundeck. As with anything new, there may have been some initial glitches, but the management group seems to have everything under control and they were very pleasant and helpful. I will definitely come back to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Cris P
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Had made reservations for the end of June and had to cancel. We called them more then a month before the resevation date and cancelled. Was told we would be receiving the deposit in the mail by Nick.

Have received nothing and we keep calling and get no response. Today however someone finally answered the phone said they do not own it anymore.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank skye230
Ricky B, Manager at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Guest,
We apologize about the confusion.
Even though all these deposits were collected and taken by the prior owner, we are honoring all the deposits paid for future reservations.
Refunds for cancellations are also being processed on an individual basis.
Please call me directly with details so we can issue the refund the prior owner promised.
Regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family & I have been going to the Sahara Motel since 1998. I just found out that Kenny & Nick Balestra are no longer the owners. They were the nicest guys ever. Whenever we needed something, they were always accommodating. They were like family. I called the motel to make a reservation for the end of August & was given a rate. A few minutes later, I got a call from the new mgt sayig that I was given the wrong rate & that it had doubled! I always paid the lower rate for the last week in August with Nick & Kenny. I was not satisfied with the girl who took my information (which I had to repeat several times to her). Needless to say, I cancelled the reservation. I will miss Kenny & Nick...hope they are doing well.

5  Thank Donna S
Adam C, Owner at Sahara Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Hopefully you will come back and see us. We are the New owners of the Sahara. We also own another property in the area for the last 25 years. Lots of great things going on at the Sahara. We look forward to meeting you at the Beach....

Thanks
Sahara Motel
Adam

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed from July 15th thru July 22nd and was satisfied with the services I received. The pool was clean, the staff was working hard (I notice they repair the BBQ during our stay and the're was a truck delivering ice for the broken ice machine). When we asked for towels we received it right away. The women at the front desk was very kind. I can't compare with past years since it was my first time. But if I compare with other motels in Wildwood we're I stayed it was more than OK.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Richard T
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Ricky, Why isn't anyone being honest with the Sahara Motel Guests that have been coming here for years about the absence of Nick and Kenny? The Sahara Motel is a very nice and conveinent motel. You need to see where all these guests are coming from. Running out of towels and only giving 3 when there are 4 people, just not good business practice. This never happened in the past why now if you are getting towels daily? If you don't have enough towels for all guests 2 towels should not be given out to 1 guest for hair and bath. We all were hoping that Nick and Kenny would be returning but if they are not we sure hope you can get things back in shape before you lose all these valuable guests.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank shayrone
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Like others, I was dismayed at the missing "Nicky & Kenny" charm when I checked in, and like others, found some things run down and broken and the cleaning services just not as they have been for the past 12 years I have been going there. While working with the staff that is now running the motel, I realized that they are not the bad guys, but are simply trying to rebuild a motel that they acquired through foreclosure. Their job moving forward is to fix all that was let go and bring the motel back to the state that we all remember it. They worked tirelesly with me on the few issues with my room and were always there, day or night, if I needed something. The staff was always extremely polite and very accomodating. I am thankful that they were able to temporarily take over the Sahara until new owners come in. Had they not taken over, many deposits would have been lost and vacations ruined. Instead of bashing the new guys...try to work with them..they are very nice and have given us all the opportunity to have our summer vacations as originally planned.

5  Thank Bityshwo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging comment.
We are working hard to make this transition as smooth as possible.
Problems are being addressed and improvements are being made.
Aiming to please the guests is our priority.

Regards,