I stayed at this hotel with my mother and sister. Each of us had a different room, and I was checked in to Room 200.
Before putting my luggage down and settling into the 2-bed room, I checked for bedbugs in the room by pulling the sheets off the mattresses and looking around for any signs of bedbugs. I did not find any at the time. I slept in the room, and when I woke up the next day I sat up in bed and noticed something peculiar about the bed next to me.
On the part of the bed just under the mattress, there were several dark, smudge-like spots. I had missed this during my inspection the day before! I proceeded to lift up the mattress, and what I saw was a disgusting image I will never forget: there were thousands of little black spots on the underside of the mattress! After seeing this sign of bedbugs, I gathered my things and moved into my sister's room, which appeared to be safe.
When I returned home, I took my suitcases and carefully unpacked their contents in the bathtub, preparing them to be washed. I also took out my steam cleaner and blasted my suitcases with steam to kill anything that might have moved into my luggage. After the steaming of my luggage, I placed it all in the trunk of my car for a week in hopes that the hot temperature of the trunk would kill any bugs that might have been missed by the steam.
Besides the awful experience of my bedbug encounter, the hotel's general level of comfort was very low. The rooms were quite dirty, with various crumbs and dead bugs (besides the bedbugs) scattered throughout. Also, the heater in my room was in disrepair-- it could not be turned on because of the obnoxious rattling noise that came from it. My mother kept getting locked out of her room, even though she had tried the various keys that the staff gave her.
I am not usually quick to complain, but this hotel is just unacceptable. There was, however, one positive point to the hotel: The ocean view was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Beach.....All rooms OCEANFRONT! Deluxe motel rooms, 2 room motel suites, efficiences, 2 & 3 room efficiency suites...beatifully appointed with room phones, silent central air conditioning & heat, soundproof and fireproof, private oceanfront balconies, cable color TV & AM/FM music, sparkling ceramic baths, daily maid service and room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Acropolis Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acropolis Oceanfront Hotel North Wildwood
- Acropolis Oceanfront Motel