Due to a family emergency I needed a hotel room near cape may at the last minute for saturday night in july - which I knew was going to be a tough thing to find. The Acropolis was the only place that wasn't penthouse-suite expensive that had any availability within an hours drive of where I needed to be so I took it. When we got there it was a dump, the rooms are so shabby and in need of renovation. It was the middle of the day and it was so dark in my room, with every lamp in it on, that i actually couldn't read anything. THe TV and phone didn't work, there was a nightclub going on outside during the day and firecrackers being thrown of the balcony above us (almost hitting us) at night. Only one ice machine in the whole hotel was working on the top floor (we were on the bottom) and you had to put quarters into it to get any (which the desk didn't bother to tell me when I had to go to them to even get an ice bucket). The bathroom was old, tiny and dark. The view accross the street was pretty great, the location is nice but the room was horrendous. By far the worst I have ever experienced. I would have walked right out and left but i already knew that I had searched everywhere and this was the only availability within an hours drive of the hospital so we toughed it out. Never been so happy to leave a place in my life. The only blessing is we didn't get bedbugs, I spent the whole time afraid we'd get them because it was so dark and dirty you wouldn't know it but that is one problem they don't seem to have. I would say stay far far away from them unless you just want to get drunk into oblivion and need a cheaper hotel in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Beach.....All rooms OCEANFRONT! Deluxe motel rooms, 2 room motel suites, efficiences, 2 & 3 room efficiency suites...beatifully appointed with room phones, silent central air conditioning & heat, soundproof and fireproof, private oceanfront balconies, cable color TV & AM/FM music, sparkling ceramic baths, daily maid service and room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Acropolis Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acropolis Oceanfront Hotel North Wildwood
- Acropolis Oceanfront Motel