“cant get any worse !!!”

Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 10, 2011

All the people that gave this Motel a good review, have to be related to the owners. First of all the owners were so rude and lower then low life, they got very snappy with just a simple question, you could see there wasnt much education between them at all. If you dont like filthy rooms with bugs all over, filthy pool and very uneducated people, this place is not for you. The only thing you might think is good about this place is that it is right at the boardwalk. but take my advice, i would rather walk 10 blocks to the boards then saty there. I have my own business, and I dont care if you run a motel in ww or you are the head of a company, learn how to do it the right way.

8  Thank walter f
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk

Reviewed September 8, 2011

The King's Inn Motel is a great family place to stay. We have been going there for many years since my children were young. This summer my children and some of my grandchildren came with us. We all had a wonderful time. The motel is older true, but the warmth of the office staff and the other staff members is exceptional. The location is excellent, right on the boardwalk at Morey's Pier. We can't wait for next summer to go again. This year we ended our vacation just ahead of an expected hurricane. Everyone was so helpful in assisting us to leave and get home safely. Kay, the office manager even drove us personally to the bus depot so that we could get our bus and reach home safely. I heartily recommend this motel.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Family went out to beach in middle of day and came back to find my iPad and laptop stolen.

Railings are dangerous for kids, rooms are filthy and let's just say the people are not the most upstanding citizens in the motel.

Needless to say, we left and checked into a hotel in wildwood crest called port royal. Amazing hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011
8  Thank Staninnj
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The people were freindly and the service was great. It was nice to go out for the day and return to a clean room with freshly made beds and new towels ect.. The pool was clean and warm like they stated. The walk down the stairs was more then made up for by the great location of the Inn on the boardwalk. I will return for sure the next years to come and oh yea the price for being on the boardwalk was very affordable.

2  Thank greg C
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at King's Inn Motel July 31, 2011 to August 5, 2011. Once again, Kay was fantastic and her staff went out of the way to provide top notch service! They are all friendly and make you feel at home! I have been going to Wildwood, NJ. for many many years and I always stay at King's Inn. I have never had a problem there! Sure it's on the old side and could stand to be updated, but it was clean, right on the boardwalk and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else! I have read reviews that were not too favorable about Kay or the motel. Again, I have never had an issue at this motel and can only imagine what the people were like who wrote the reviews. I do not work for King's Inn nor am I related to anyone associated there. I live in Pittsburgh, PA. and vacation every year in Wildwood. I would never want to stay anywhere else and have already booked my reservation for 2012.

2  Thank phlydog814
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We spent a week in one of the sun deck rooms overlooking the boardwalk, and enjoyed every minute! The housekeeping staff were friendly and worked hard to keep the rooms and balcony ship shape. The location on the northern end of the boardwalk is perfect-not too busy and not too quiet. Also, the beach can be accessed underneath the go-kart pier just cattycorner from the King's Inn so you don't have to walk to the beach in the blazing sun. We will DEFINITELY stay at the King's Inn again and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms on the sun deck, which afford views of the boardwalk and beach.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here July 29th and 30th with another couple. When we made the reservation we let the desk know we would be a really late arrival. There was absolutely no problem with it. The rooms were clean, the AC kept the room comfortable and if you wanted to watch TV there was a nice selection of channels. There was a small fridge and microwave in the room which was a nice addition also. The pool looked very nice although we had no time to use it. The sun deck was very pleasant to relax on at night with a cup of coffee and people watch. I also enjoyed my coffee in the morning as the sun came up watching the bikers and joggers. It is just a few steps to the boardwalk and the beach. I have tried other places and have finally found "home" when I go to Wildwood.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
#12 of 41 in North Wildwood
Carideon Motel
Carideon Motel
#18 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk? Share your experiences!