“Great as usual” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Ranked #39 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
dolores@ehrs.upenn.edu
“Great as usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

The King's Inn Motel is a great family place to stay. We have been going there for many years since my children were young. This summer my children and some of my grandchildren came with us. We all had a wonderful time. The motel is older true, but the warmth of the office staff and the other staff members is exceptional. The location is excellent, right on the boardwalk at Morey's Pier. We can't wait for next summer to go again. This year we ended our vacation just ahead of an expected hurricane. Everyone was so helpful in assisting us to leave and get home safely. Kay, the office manager even drove us personally to the bus depot so that we could get our bus and reach home safely. I heartily recommend this motel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

Family went out to beach in middle of day and came back to find my iPad and laptop stolen.

Railings are dangerous for kids, rooms are filthy and let's just say the people are not the most upstanding citizens in the motel.

Needless to say, we left and checked into a hotel in wildwood crest called port royal. Amazing hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
      Location
      Rooms
8 Thank Staninnj

Travelers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Ephrata, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

The people were freindly and the service was great. It was nice to go out for the day and return to a clean room with freshly made beds and new towels ect.. The pool was clean and warm like they stated. The walk down the stairs was more then made up for by the great location of the Inn on the boardwalk. I will return for sure the next years to come and oh yea the price for being on the boardwalk was very affordable.

2 Thank greg C
Pittsburgh, PA.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed at King's Inn Motel July 31, 2011 to August 5, 2011. Once again, Kay was fantastic and her staff went out of the way to provide top notch service! They are all friendly and make you feel at home! I have been going to Wildwood, NJ. for many many years and I always stay at King's Inn. I have never had a problem there! Sure it's on the old side and could stand to be updated, but it was clean, right on the boardwalk and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else! I have read reviews that were not too favorable about Kay or the motel. Again, I have never had an issue at this motel and can only imagine what the people were like who wrote the reviews. I do not work for King's Inn nor am I related to anyone associated there. I live in Pittsburgh, PA. and vacation every year in Wildwood. I would never want to stay anywhere else and have already booked my reservation for 2012.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank phlydog814
Renfrew, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

We spent a week in one of the sun deck rooms overlooking the boardwalk, and enjoyed every minute! The housekeeping staff were friendly and worked hard to keep the rooms and balcony ship shape. The location on the northern end of the boardwalk is perfect-not too busy and not too quiet. Also, the beach can be accessed underneath the go-kart pier just cattycorner from the King's Inn so you don't have to walk to the beach in the blazing sun. We will DEFINITELY stay at the King's Inn again and would recommend it to anyone!

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms on the sun deck, which afford views of the boardwalk and beach.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here July 29th and 30th with another couple. When we made the reservation we let the desk know we would be a really late arrival. There was absolutely no problem with it. The rooms were clean, the AC kept the room comfortable and if you wanted to watch TV there was a nice selection of channels. There was a small fridge and microwave in the room which was a nice addition also. The pool looked very nice although we had no time to use it. The sun deck was very pleasant to relax on at night with a cup of coffee and people watch. I also enjoyed my coffee in the morning as the sun came up watching the bikers and joggers. It is just a few steps to the boardwalk and the beach. I have tried other places and have finally found "home" when I go to Wildwood.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
phildelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

The King's Inn is still the best spot on the boardwalk.The building looked like was painted and some new doors added.The railing are still old and rusty the cement needs to befixed cracks all over. The steps are cracked and weak. There is no elevator and if you fo get a spot in their lot you have to park across the street. The lobby is old and need updating.The staff checked you in and dismissed you.The room need a new door,windows, locks curtains.The bed was hard mattresses need to be replaced as do the dirty white sheets and bedspreads.The bathroom was a disgrace pink tile in 2011.The laundry room needs work..The bathrooms by the pool nasty may be ok for some nasty to others. The rooms need new locks on the front and in the bathroom on door had a patch hole in it.I think they need to use the money they charge to update the whole place for 2012 before they get bought and became condos. And do n't cancel because they will take your $ and not give you a night's credit. If you have young kids watch them at all times.Check the sheets and drawer for bed bugs bring your own sheet or sleep bag some you don't touch their because you really don't know if they really change them from prior guests.i really hope they get it together and save this motel.Yes it is older but it can be fixed if people really want to pool is small when crowded and chairs area need to away from pool.This is a great place to stay if you plan to do other things and not stay in the room.And staff member got mad when i ask for a lightbulb and asked was i sure the light was blowed the lamp did not come on so yes i am sure. Im sure he would have tried to charge for it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
#37 of 41 in North Wildwood
Island Breeze Motel
Island Breeze Motel
#29 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk? Share your experiences!