“Got 20 mintues to wait for your elevator!”
Review of Montego Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Montego Bay
Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in North Wildwood
Berks County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2006

Stayed here once in May '05, ok, not bad. My 5 year loved the indoor slide in the pool. My husband loved the location, directly on the boardwalk, very convenient. However, the pool was SMALL!! Faced east, so at 3:00 or so, NO SUN! So we tried again in 9/05. If you stay here make sure you stay on the ground floor or you will wait 20 mintues for an elevator. And there are more than one! I most likely won't stay here again. Plus's: Location and Restaurant. Downers: Elevators wait time, small pool, pool location.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

PA
Reviewed October 23, 2005

The room was a Petri dish of filth. The bathroom smelled like stale urine and the bedroom had mold on the walls and ceiling. The room was so bad, I willingly left after only one night and took a loss of $125. The only redeeming quality was the professionalism and service of the family that ran the diner/restaurant attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 12, 2005

I was very disappointed with the hotel. The elevators are TERRIBLE! We were on the sixth floor and spend half our vacation waiting for the elevator. The halls were dirty and never cleaned. Our room had stains on the ceiling and doors. Must have had a leak at sometime. Very poorly constructed Trim wasnt finished in room, it seemed like they put the additioned together cheaply. I compained at checkout, and I emailed them a letter with no response. They could have at least said Hi. No response to my complaint means no second chance. I stayed there and paid over $225 a night because they were suppose to be the best. I would rather stay at another typical wildwood hotel and spend a reasonable amount of money then go there

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank girl2006
Reviewed October 11, 2005

I read the negative reviews after making my reservation at Montego Bay, but went with an open mind. We were there Columbus Day weekend. I could not find justification for many of the complaints. I have stayed in several other hotels/motels in the area and found that the accomadations were no better and no worse. All-in-all, my family and I had a very nice time.

The surprise was several days later. I awoke with lower abdominal pain, difficulty voiding and was urinating blood. I should have know better...I had gotten into the hot tub. I was diagnosed with a very severe urinary tract infection.

If you go there, be warned.

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank tacwar
Reviewed October 1, 2005

My wife and I and our two children (6 and 9) stayed here for the weekend and loved it. The suites that are ocean view (not oceanfront) are HUGE. We stayed in Rm 318 and loved the roominess. Rates were excellent since it was off-season. If you have young kids they'll love the indoor pool with a huge waterslide. Beach is beautiful, too. Now, having said that, I know why there are some complaints on this board about this hotel. My brother and his wife and young son stayed in an oceanfront room and it was terrible. Carpet was filthy and the room had a general musty smell to it. Towels in all the rooms are awful, too.

11  Thank Floatman
Reviewed September 13, 2005

We just returned from a week stay in the Jacuzzi Presidential Suite. We found the hotel in general to be very dirty. The linens are very dingy and old looking and the towels actually have stains on them and are of cheap quality. They don't even smell clean. A little bleach certainly would help. I would advise taking your own. The bathrooms were dirty our entire stay. Traveling with clorox wipes helps. Only the kitchen floor was wiped during the week. We had a problem with the refrigerator not being cold but the maintence man came as soon as we called the desk and fixed the problem. He was very nice. The desk clerks on the other hand are not as friendly as they could be. The indoor pool with water slide is their best feature. We had our daughter and grandaughter with us and we all enjoyed it very much. We never did see the tiki bar open though. Whats with that? The elevators are very slow and there are only two, so we used the stairs most of the time. The hotel is in a great location, right at the end of the boardwalk. Its very quiet and seemed very safe there. Having barbeque grills on the sundeck was convenient and we used them a few times. The ice machine was a joke. They charge $.25 and you don't even get enough to fill a glass. All in all though, we enjoyed our stay there and have made reservations for next year at the same time. Now we know what to expect and we can plan accordingly.

4  Thank HarleyLowRider
Reviewed September 11, 2005

I can't imagine this hotel to be bad.. we've been going there for the last 7 years and never ever had a problem. And if we did we would call the frong desk (they are very friendly there) and take care of it so those of you who don't like this hotel stay away we love it and keep going back..3 times last year and 3 more times this year..maybe its how you talk to peolpe and thats how people will respond to you. The more people we take there the more who want to go back..vacation is what you make it

Stayed: February 2004