“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Montego Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Montego Bay
Ranked #32 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I love this hotel stayed here twice, great location the ocean view family suites are amazing lots of room and I've never had a bad experience at this hotel! It's right on the board walk and it's priced accordingly!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Tictacman12

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This place is awesome! We stayed there 3 and 4 years ago. Both times our room was great! We stayed in the family ocean view suite. Lots of room We are going again this year. We will be staying in the presidential suite as our family has grown and we need more room. Last year we stayed in wildwood crest and said we will only go again if we stay at Montego Bay. That is where we are going this year and every one after. So excited to see our room and for our kids to enjoy it too.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kristan1e
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at Montego Bay for two night and were very disappointed. The staff was very nice, but The rooms were in need of work. The toilet rocked and the shower curtain fell down. We compained and were given an upgrade for our second night, but this place really cut corners. It was not worth the price. No shampoo or lotion, just a little bar of soap. No bath mat or hand towels either. There was no water pressure in the showers. It just ran at a trickle. Taking a shower was a joke, that is if you made it into the shower without the rod falling and hitting you on the head. The king bed in the upgrade did not even have a mattress pad. That kind of grossed me out. The bedspreads were old and if you looked at the back you could see stains. you could not see them from the front because the spreads were a dark color. The extra blanket in the closet was full of holes. The rooms were old and the bedroom did not even have a window in it. The latches on all the doors are old. The sliding door to the balcony did not lock.
We were early in the season so we were looking for an indoor pool. The pool was nice, but it was open to the public and they also hosted kids parties. We thought being early in the season it would not be so crowded, but we were wrong. Also if you are looking for an ealy morning swim forget it. The pool did not open until 10 am and the water slides opened at noon. The hot tub was just a glorified baby pool. It is where all the little kids hung out that were too small to go down the slide. There was a baby pool, but I never saw anyone use it the whole time we were there. There was no nice adult place for adults to relax in the water without getting hit or kicked by kids and balls being thrown back and forth. They should have had an adult only hot tub, but this is considered a kid friendly place so it seems that is all that mattered..
The front desk was not staffed during the night and the staff did not arrive until 8 am. So if you had a problem there was a night watchman, but that was it.
The brochure said there was WiFi available in the rooms, but it neglected to mention that it cost an additional $11.99 a day.
A few adjustments like shower curtain rods that were screwed fast, a hook in the bathroom to hang clothes, mattress pads, bath mats, and decent blankets would definitely help. These are all little things that even most "cheap" motels have.
If you are going just for the pool I recommend you stay somewhere else and pay the few bucks to just come use the water slides for an afternoon.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kelly L

Travelers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My family and i stay at this hotel every summer and its AMAZING ! being a teenager on vacation with my family i need something to do at all times when i dont feel like going outside, and this hotel provides just that, i can go to the arcade and have a ball with a bunch of quarters and when im done i can walk down stairs and enjoy the amazing water slides or swim around in the beautiful pool i can even relax in the hot tub. im very excited for my stay this june and i dont know why people keep being so negative, the staff is great and my room is always cleaned whenever i return to it so whats to complain about? i recommend for everyone to stay here !

Room Tip: any room would be great as long as you are there !
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank desiree f
Tuckerton, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at Montego Bay once, mainly because we couldn't get a room in our usual Wildwood hotel. Our room was huge, especially for Wildwood, and we had a two-bedroom suite. The indoor waterpark was unexpected, but it was really great for our son. The price wasn't too high (it was off-season). We even went to the restaurant once when we were staying someplace else. Then why did I give this only an average rating? Because the room was dingy, not very clean. The furniture was stained and smelled bad. Everything looked run down, from the minute you go inside. We won't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The owner of Montego Bay, he's a kind, gentle man. He is always willing to upgrade. He grew up in North Wildwood and his playground was the beach and Ocean. He's a producer and I like that about him. He is a Visionary with the idea of the water-park. His father is quite simply the nicest man you could ever meet. Sometimes I think, people are uncomfortable because they are out of their safety zone-(home). The people at M-Bay try to make you feel comfortable but sometimes I guess there are some that just can't relax. The sunrises are absolutely amazing yet the sunsets are equally as such. The beach on 18th Ave. is the coolest's of surfs. . Do I think things could be better? Always. Do the employees want people to enjoy their vacation? Of course, it's about you and yours. I truly hope you enjoy your stay. Montego Bay is unique if you see the positives. The negatives I'd take with a grain of salt.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Champsterific
adam y, Owner at Montego Bay, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I thank you for your very kind words reguarding myself and my father. our family recently celebrated our 50th year in the hospitality business here in north wildwood and look forward to many more years to come. we greatly appreciate your business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have never in my life had bed bugs or known anyone who did. My husband and I stayed on the 4th flr Ocean front, Room was disgusting,not cleaned. Sleeping in bed I got a few bites on my legs, we went home and guess what--I brought home bed bugs from there? So the weekend we stayed there ended up costing about $1000 so far to treat. They are so dirty there, long brown hairs in the bathroom when we got there(def not ours,we have blonde hair). Its sad bc we've stayed there in the off season several times and its gone downhill fast. Slow elevators,dirty,etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank Ericka M
adam y, Owner at Montego Bay, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I am sorry for not having responded sooner to your recent travel report to our resort. Your visit with us was on 2/28/13 and you posted your review on 3/15/13. on 3/23/13 you called the front desk to speak with a manager and shortly there after on the same day I returned your call. I indicated to you that on 3/21/13 I had hired an independent pest control co. which uses a trained dog that detects bed bugs. I also indicated that the entire 4th floor (all units) were examined. I explained to you the results of that inspection, which were negative, and indicated I would forward to you a copy of that written report which I did in todays mail 3/28/13.I will leave a copy of that report at the front desk for anyone to review in the future .I am sorry that your stay with us was unpleasant.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wildwood
Surf Song Beach Resort
Surf Song Beach Resort
#21 of 41 in North Wildwood
Bolero Resort
Bolero Resort
#54 of 76 in Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood
#7 of 41 in North Wildwood
Roman Holiday Motel
Roman Holiday Motel
#10 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Montego Bay? Share your experiences!