“Craptastic!”
Review of Montego Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Montego Bay
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Maple sHADE
“Craptastic!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Exposed carpet nails in bathroom threshold, the manager runs his quads outside of the hotel, surly, noncommittal, lazy management staff, filth,lack of pool towels (ran out on 2 consecutive days and were not restocked, teenage pool-girl says "we're out"). soot atop all vents, overpriced and Class-less. A poor representation of a resort a great representation of what Americans will consider acceptable.

Room Tip: All overpriced with poor accessibility via elevators. Kids repeatedly banged on doors in hallways.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank AdamsMusic

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Our family has stayed at Montego Bay many times. We keep coming back for the value and location, but the hotel itself is mediocre. Rooms are outdated, beds are cheap and uncomfortable, and cleanliness could be much better.

The waterpark is an awesome bonus to staying here. There are two huge water slides, a playground for the kids, a hot tub, and a tiki bar. Overseeing the waterpark is an arcade. These additions create something to do for everyone in the family.

Overall, this place is good, but not great. It is an awesome location for families though!

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank morganbates
adam y, Owner at Montego Bay, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
thank you for your input. recently all of the bedding has been replaced with new and we just completed renovating all ocean view suites im sure you will notice a change to our over all appearance. we appreciate your business
Blackwood, New Jersey
Reviewed October 29, 2012

i totally loved this place! when i checked in they where very nice! also the water park was so fun!i always stay here during the summer!also when it was hot my family and i went to the out door pool, witch was fun to!the manager mike was a lot of help to. when we needed help finding something he was right there to help us! it was also great because my family loves the beach and it was great that we where so close to the beach!!!!! we got the room that had a full kitchen 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms! it was clean!!! I WOULD SURELY STAY HERE!!!!

Room Tip: get an ocean view room but the other rooms are good to!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank alexisf f
adam y, Owner at Montego Bay, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
thank you for your kind words and input . we appreciate your business
Whitehall, PA
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was our second stay at Montego Bay. There is plenty of parking. It is showing its age, but still remains fun. It certainly needs some updating. It is important to know what you are getting and it is not a 5 star hotel. We stayed in a one bedroom unit with a kitchen. It was a very nice large space for my family of four. Two beds were in the bedroom and it had a pull out couch. We had a full kitchen and an ocean/pool view. The bathroom was small.

We stayed on the third floor. This has its good points and bad. The good- it is an easy quick walk to the pool indoors and the outdoors. The bad- my view from the balcony was right up against to pool. It didn't feel private at all on the balcony. When I went to sit out there, the people in to pool would strike up a conversation with me- when all I wanted to do was relax. Also, I had no privacy in my living room with the curtain open- the pool is so close and those in it almost seemed like they were in my room. lol

Check the specials online. If you are just staying one night- you might be paying more than the average prices of those using a special deal, but it requires staying more than one night.

The water park was a lot of fun for the kids. It has two slides, yet they do have height requirements. My little guy is about 42 inches (6 years old) yet they wouldn't let him on. Check with the resort if you have little ones who want to use the slides. Last time we were there they allowed him on the slides. I'm not sure what changed. Anyway, he still had fun in the pool, hot tub, and play area. My kids love the arcade by the pool! The snack bar by the pool is great! We love getting snacks- pretzels and nachos!

Other tips: Eat at the restaurant even if you don't purchase a special deal. It is very good! Don't wait for the elevators....take the stairs! Take flip flops to the indoor water park- other shoes might get sloppy wet. To access the beach go down to the ground- not the boardwalk level. You need to walk under the boardwalk to get to the beach.

Overall, this is a nice place for the money. It is also one of the very few places in the area that has an indoor pool and probably the only one with the indoor water park.

Room Tip: I did not like the third floor ocean front room I was assigned. It looks directly out to the pool...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Whitehall123
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Then I made a res for an ocean view room..."2 BRs (1 with 2 dbl beds, 1 with King, 2 baths, LR with Queen sleeper sofa)
So I was surprised When I ended up with 1 BR, plus ! sofa bed, 1 Bath. Fortunately a couple I had invited backed out or it would have been impossible. Women who took add was ditzy. N/S room smelled of smoke at check in (ash tray on balcony). When I asked girl at desk if any restaurants were still open, her reply was "I don't know". Light in BR did not work. I swapped bulb still no light (didnt notice someone unplugged it). 4 hours later when Maint man stopped by. His comment "well if u plugged it in it might work"..My sister uses a walker and I asked specifically if that would be any problem in terms of accessibility...they forgot to mention that you CANNOT GET TO the inside pool without steps....the room was clean (other than smoke odor). People less helpful and courteous than I ususally find when traveling.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Our stay here is of course always a good one. From the wonderful staff, to the delicious dishes in the restaurant. When our stove malfunctioned they fixed it. It's a bit pricey, but it's the best location on the boardwalk. RIGHT ON IT!:) Hot dogs EVERY Wednesday.... Beef & Beer along with the DJ was off of the hook. Now to those that say the rooms & building is dirty. Let's me just say this... It's a resort that's ALWAYS SOLD OUT & full of KIDS which is why every now and then it gets a little dirty... NO BIG DEAL! If you have a place to sleep, what's the problem??? Enjoy the luxuries & don't sweat the small stuff.

Room Tip: Remember your on vacation. RELAX! CHILL! Want everything just like home? STAY HOME! HAPPY TRAVELING...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank wildwood1991
Springtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Views are great, location great.
Rooms not updated was filled with smoke when we checked in.
I like the kitchen and microwave, hairdryer and ammenties, they even have a small gym- but after staying year after year this place does need upkeep fast ! The bed linens were dirty, thankfully had two beds to try to make one set from. The package that we had with our stay included breakfast, which was great the staff was very welcoming in the attached bar restaurant. This may be our last year here, after several. If only the Thunderbird didn't burn down... at least they had a great atmosphere.

Room Tip: Specifically ask for one of the remolded rooms, but I believe those are only the suite ones, be prep...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family