“It was okay”
Review of Montego Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Montego Bay
Ranked #28 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“It was okay”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

This was my first time staying in Wildwood NJ and the only reason why I went was because my children wanted to go on a vacation before they had to go back to school. My co worker and I talked about going to Montego Bay because she stayed there last summer. When I went to check in the guy at the front desk acted as if I irked him by checking in he didn't even have the courtesy to hand me my Visa card in my hand like I did to him he just put it on the counter. We got to our room and everything looked ok until it was time for bed. The room that my girls slept in was hot, the bathroom sink was clogged real bad and the stopper that was in it had mold or something on it, the sofa bed had no sheets until the next morning when housekeeping came, the door to the patio didn't lock and the chlorine from the indoor water park burned my eyes something terrible. Not to mention the elevators ran really really slow. My room had candy wrappers and food under the couch under the dresser in the bedroom was a razor or something and cereal under the bed. Besides all of the above they stay was okay until we had to leave the day before our check out day because of Hurricane Irene and they don't even give u anything back which is not fair but it's okay.

Room Tip: Book ahead and cross your fingers
3 Thank Valerie L

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Upon arrival a shortage i.e. one hour wait for a luggage cart. Room was filthy also no linens for the sofa bed. As in previous reviews the staff is very discouteous. Also the housekeeping staff has limited English language skills. The entire stay reminded us of a Chevy Chase vacation movie.

6 Thank Jimm788

Travelers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

CT
Reviewed August 18, 2011

As god is my witness this has to be the worst hotel my wife and family have ever stayed at. This place is absolutely disgusting. I really don’t know where to start...I even waited a week before writing this review just to calm down. We stayed in a room (423) that was supposed to look over the indoor pool, boy was I taken for an idiot. All you get when you stay by the indoor pool is a very bad odor, lots of noise from machinery and Plexiglas that has not been cleaned in ages...ours had dried wads of gum stuck to our window sill and door threshold. Upon entering the room we were hit with the first of many different offensive odors and a dirty room. Chocolate stains on the walls and floors, white frosting on the couch from what appeared to have been a cupcake fight. Dirty carpets and old drapes with stains and holes in them. The bathroom was mold infested along the bottom of the mirror and in the bathtub. The shower curtain had mold and stains on it. Hair was everywhere, tiles were cracked and the moldings that hide the pipes to the toilet were coming away from the wall. We made them come up and bleach down the bathroom and we were hit with "boy you Americans sure are picky" This was said tongue and cheek but I did not like it. I guess that was a slight to all the French Canadians that stay there. The towels would not fit around my waist (I am a 38 waist) the towels looked more like bath mats and were thin and worn. The shower drain was clogged and you had to stand in 4 inches of water the sink had no stopper. Ever look at a sink with no stopper while you brush your teeth, see if it doesn’t make you gag. At night when trying to sleep all you here is the air conditioner from the room above you and it’s loud as heck. I still don’t know where the music was coming from. The whole room was a dump and I paid over 300 hundred a night. My room was in the newer section of the hotel and the floor was crocked and bumpy...our carpet was laid over concrete with no underlying mat with dips and valleys...the hallways were crocked also..Very strange...patch marks and holes were common in the hallways. This hotel is too big for what they want to do...Only 2 elevators that are small, hot and smell real bad. The elevator up front is useless if you stay in the back of the hotel cause anything above floor 4 u still have a small set of stairs to climb so forget that at checkout. That leaves on elevator for everyone at check in and checkout plus all the staff have to use the same elevator. I asked the staff and to a tea each one said they need their own elevator. They want you to check out by 10 am..Ya ok right...Try it with one elevator and maybe 5 luggage carts for the whole place and maids trying to use the same elevators with their carts. To top it all off the lady at the front desk when I checked out said..”Your all set” she never looked up and never made eye contact and in hindsight that was probably the best thing that happened to us because I was going to let her know about everything, I just walked out.. She was a real peach let me tell you....Not one person I spoke with will be back at this dump. Why we ever tried this place when we always enjoyed the American Inn is beyond us..Live and learn but you have a chance not to make the same mistake.

Al Russo
Room 423

8 Thank CtBoaters
Wildwood, New Jersey
Reviewed August 14, 2011

When arriving at the hotel, I notice there was limited parking on the premises. They only have two elevators on this huge property that goes up and down very slow. If you have handicap family, do not waste your time. The price for the rooms are outrageous. This property is very outdated!. I guess the plus about it is your on the boardwalk, ocean view or ocean front and a restaurant on property. They do have a nice size pool.

7 Thank Godfather19
San Diego, California
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We had a wonderful time here. You get what you pay for. Clean and comfortable. Right on the boardwalk. Great ocean views. We would definitely stay again. Only negative: smokers outside below us - smoke in our room. Not pleasant but the view and location would keep us coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for AAA discount (they don't offer it to you). Ask for beach view....
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Four_Family_SD
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Nice sized room with a great location. When we checked in one of the three beds had no linens. We were in a family suite that slept eight with a family of seven. The hotel knew this as they charged extra for every guest over a party of 4. Only linens for two beds, none for the sofa bed or one of the doubles, only five towels, I actually had to dry off with a bathmat:(. The beds are all wrapped in plastic which crinkled very loudly anytime one moved, not good. The mattresses themselves could have been made of cement they were sooo hard. Thank God we were only there for one sleepless night! Over $500 for the room and they expect you to be out at 10am, after we were told when we checked in that it was 11 check out. The outdoor pool is a great location but did not go in as the water was so cloudy and dirty. The so called water park was so filled with chlorine that your eyes burned just walking into the area, never did try the pools there as the chlorine would have turned my hair green! Property could use a serious cleaning.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank shorebilly69
phoenixville, pa
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was our second time staying here and I think the service has gone downhill. When I pulled out the sofa bed there was food and crumbs inside and the entire room could have used a good scrubbing. I'm not very picky but I don't like to look at dirty handprints on the walls, doors, and light switches. The man at the front desk was not very pleasant and I overheard the staff talking about a woman that fell in the indoor pool area suggesting that she did it on purpose. I don't think that kind of behavior is acceptable in front of other guests. The hallways smelled heavily of cigarette smoke and it was very noisy with people banging on the walls all night. I don't think we will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family