“Never again”
Review of Cardinal Motel

Cardinal Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Cardinal Motel
Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This place was horrible very dirty and no control over quest.I only stayed to help a friend out who couldn't make it and would have lost out a few hundred bucks..they was great with the change they allowed me to pay off his balance and take his room no problem.But the ghetto trash that was also staying had the cops there multiple times they took ownership of the pool area (they never left the motel) and was even smoking marijuana at the pool and nothing was said to them.The bathroom smelled so moldy it was disgusting even hair in our bed and sand still in the sheets.If your looking for a family friendly place down wildwood stay at the floritaine at 19th n surf that's our usual place no problems there

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Marknjenny12

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Cardinal is becoming a yearly tradition. Back for our second Beach Blast weekend was just as expected, clean and friendly. More than half of our 2 soccer teams, along with family and friends enjoyed our stay. Clean pool, bbq grill, tidy rooms amd great rates will keep us coming back, again and again!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have stayed at The Cardinal since I was 18 years old and went to the Jersey Shore with my friends. I continued staying there after I was married with a child of my own. The Cardinal is a family owned and operated facility with a family friendly atmosphere and I always noticed how hard they worked at keeping their establishment clean and how considerate and helpful they were.

I got away from going to North Wildwood for quite a few years but recently wanted to return to the Jersey Shore and decided to go back to The Cardinal. It is still owned and operated by the same family. They are still pleasant to deal with and very helpful answering any questions we had. The pool and outside areas are still kept very clean. However, I have to say the upkeep of the rooms is seriously lacking. The carpet is in extremely poor condition and in need of replacement. When we checked in, there were cheese balls underneath the air-conditioning unit, pull tabs from cans behind the television stand, and there was hair in the tub.

Although we did have a good time at the pool and at the beach and boardwalk, which are a two block walk, we were very disappointed in the condition of the room. I’m not sure if I would go back but if I did, it would only be to give a hotel that has long been my favorite in Wildwood
another chance.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Margie R
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here last year for Wildwood's Beach Blast soccer tournament. It was a great deal for the entire weekend and fellow team mates and families stayed as well so we called early in abd reserved multiple rooms and received a slight discount.
This motel is definitely the typical Wildwood hotel. Clean rooms, nice sized pool, and friendly staff! We are already booked for this year's tournament.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2014

First let me start by saying that I am not one to ever write a review but after this experience I felt that I needed to. I have stayed at the Cardinal the past three years for Wildwood's Beach Blast Soccer tournament and never had any issues. However, my experience this past Memorial day weekend was terrible and I will never return here. First I called 2-3 weeks before and asked about pricing I was given a nightly price and because the rate was so low I had the room held. I called back a week later just to verify everything was okay and nothing had changed. However when I went to check in this past Sunday I was rudely told that No that is not the rate and noone told me that, which was a complete lie because I called twice and got the same answer. I believe this older lady owns the motel and was flat out rude. I was told it was probably another hotel that told me that because they would never charge that rate on a holiday weekend. Again I was extremely upset because I was told they did. I was so frustrated and it was my sons birthday that I just paid the rate they decided to charge me. My son likes staying here just because of the pool, the rooms are average but we noticed when they were cleaning the rooms the bedsheets were never changed. One of the workers and I believe it is a family owned motel was walking around screaming cuss words because of something he needed to fix and there were children all over who could hear.
The last day although I was unhappy decided to pay extra to stay until 6pm and pay for it since they do not allow use of the pool after checkout which is understandable. We had two rooms, the people staying in the one room with us left and we moved into their room closer to the pool when they checked out and made the hotel aware of it. After I paid to stay, I had my room door open to check on the kids at the pool and the older lady came storming in my room without even knocking accusing me of having more people staying than i said (which i didnt because 2 left) and telling me i had 2 adults at the pool, the adults in the room and the kids and they need to go now! She stood in MY room that I paid for telling everyone to leave NOW and stood there. There is one way to professionally handle things if she thought I had that many people and another way that she did which was outright disrespectful. I look much younger than I am and I am not sure if that is why she treated me the way she did but regardless you do not treat anyone that way! She would not listen to me and kept believing we had 5 adults with us which we did not and would not leave the room and was yelling at me ! I ended up having to pay another $34 just so the 2 invisible people could stay too just to save the arguement. I have stayed there 3 times and will NEVER ever stay there again!!! I would advise anyone looking into this place to stay across the street they average the same price the only reason I stayed there is because they gave me a cheaper rate but then denied they ever said it when I checked in!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank danakop525
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family and i planned to stay labor day weekend and weren't really sure where to start.We looked over a few places and read some reviews and decided to try.The room was very clean and nice size for a family of four.My only issue was a musty smell,which i had a scented plug in(love them so).We are making plans to continue our business with them in the years to come!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

So I had a music job in North Wildwood over the weekend and needed a fast place. Wildwood in summer is mostly sold out. But I found 2 motels side by side The Carrideon and The Cardinal. The Carridoen was sold out (Yuri the owner is great, he found me a room at the Cardinal) but the Cardinal had an opening. Cardinal is run by an elderly couple with their 2 sons. No idea what to expect since I never stay in Motels. Buy, boy was I surprised. People, this is a Motel not the Borgata....But man they run this place with an iron fist. Totally clean up and down. The elderly lady is all business, and in great shape, you don't want to mess with her...Room was enormous, 2 huge queen beds, large bathroom, the toilet even had that protective paper on it when I walked in...ARE U KIDDING ME, I never see that...Water is burning hot, did I say hot, I mean HOTTTTT...everything works, good AC, good lighting...for a Motel this place rules....everything is clockwork here, maid service is fast, the sons are constantly working cleaning the pool, I even saw one son at like 10am scrubbing down the picnic table next to the Bar B que grills...pool is great and you can use the Pool at the Carrideon too, bed is totally comfortable I fell asleep in 10 minutes...no parties outside after 10pm..parking sticker for your car, I mean my wife had just pulled in and the son was there with the sticker, what service, they have a game room and free morning coffee and next door they have a roofdeck Gazebo area with wireless...hey had a great time....You want a Motel that gets down to business and is totally efficient, the the Cardinal rules, I mean tis is a place you stay for a day or 2, no luxury here just downright efficiency and a good nites rest and a damn hot shower.....

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the pool vertically, (straight down)