“Nice experience”
Review of 5 West Pub

5 West Pub
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fabulous Food & Cool Cocktails in a casual pub atmosphere!
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Typical pub atmosphere. Pleasant and clean. Service was good. We shared clams in white sauce, very good, sauce was excellent. My wife had mussels marina. Not the best she has had but very good. I had the sirloin burger. Swiss cheese, BBQ sauce, and Onion ring. It was excellent. Had hard time finishing it. Overall a pleasant experience.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stopped in for happy hour. Thought that they offered half priced appetizers based on various ads we had seen. Not really! But, for $5 we had a decent margarita pizza with loads of cheese. We couldn't finish, so lunch the next day. Took advantage of a cosmo special as well. For 20 bucks had dinner, 2 drinks and leftovers. What's not to like but for the volume--it was way too loud, especially for early evening.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

While the food was good, we were a little disappointed in the overall experience.

We were greeted promptly at the door and had to wait just a few minutes while they cleaned a table. Our server was friendly and seemed to know the menu. The dining room and small bar area is nice but nothing special. There are several tv's tuned to sports.

The pro's include a menu full of standard pub fare but with a twist. The prices are reasonable. We ordered the crab nachos as an appetizer. The price was $12.95 and was a nice portion size for 2. We also had the crab bisque which was excellent. The last item we ordered were the crab cake tacos. This item came with 2 soft tacos filled with a mini crab cake, avocado, house slaw, tomato and pepper mayo. The crab cake was great but the amount of pepper mayo that was used somewhat spoiled the dish. The tacos Aldo came with a salad or fries. The salad was swimming in dressing.

The drinks were good and there are about 6 craft beers on tap.

The cons include a very loud dining room. As mentioned above, the kitchen also got carried away with the mayo and dressing. We also asked that the avocado be left of the tacos. The kitchen missed that part of the request. My main complaint is that our entree came out before we could finish our appetizer. We felt rushed and instead of spending more money on an additional drink or dessert, we asked for the check.

This restaurant has promise but needs to work out some of the kinks. The kitchen needs a lesson in pacing and presentation. The restaurant also has their specials on chalkboards attached to the kitchen doors. The specials were unreadable as every time someone went through the door the smudged the chalk. Either print out the specials or make sure the waitstaff reviews them.

1  Thank junkd0n
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Crab Bisque was great but the Caribbean Jerk Chicken was lacking the most important ingredient.... Caribbean Jerk rub/ sauce! I then asked for some of the rub seasoning and the waitress brought me a Roumalade Sauce- no jerk.... So I then again asked her for just the jerk rub... Comes back 10 mins later with some concoction resembling jerk sauce/ rub...EXTREMELY HOT...then a fly landed on my plate..and remained stuck.. So I gave it up.....
I am local .... From what I experienced yesterday.. I am not impressed.. I will go back another time to see how things have progressed...if not... Ill just move on... I expected better - especially from a name( tishas) that is so ominous with great food.....

1  Thank CluelessCM
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were there the first week they opened. We had apps at the bar and cocktails. We wanted to give the bar test first before having dinner there. They were a little disorganized at first food cold and the waitress was not good but bar staff ad owners were there to work out the bugs so but all went well in the end they made things right. We went back a few weeks later and all was great the food good staff great and the bartenders knew what they were doing and well as the staff and the kitchen . We have been back a few more times in the last month or so. Headed there tonight. It is great to have a good little local place that is doing it right, food, service, and friendly with out being a bar with food it is a restaurant with a bar. Thanks for the great start keep it up.