“Hit or miss, unfortunately.”
Review of 5 West Pub

5 West Pub
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fabulous Food & Cool Cocktails in a casual pub atmosphere!
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is the second visit in as many months and they just haven't gotten it quite right yet. When we visited last month for lunch, service was very slow even though it wasn't very busy. Took forever to get our food and it turns out it had been sitting too long waiting for the server because most of it wasn't hot enough and pizza crust seemed underdone on top and overdone on bottom, somehow. Gave place another try and it was improved, although thought cheesesteak eggroll plate much too small for price and they actually served Minute Rice with the flounder. Overall, food pretty tasty for the most part, but can't take shortcuts at these prices. Might be best to try them for happy hour for price specials. I hope despite lack of competition in immediate area, they bring their game up a bit, because I appreciate the overall vibe they're going for.

1  Thank MoBe7088

Reviewed August 1, 2013

As annual visitors to both Cape May and Tisha's, we were excited to give their new casual venture a try. We were not disappointed. Great bar food, with some out of the ordinary appetizers. The cheesesteak egg rolls are a must, as are the buffalo shrimp fritters. Even the traditional little neck clams were outstanding, the broth was addictive. Entrees included lobster Mac and cheese and a couple different burgers, all huge portions and incredibly reasonably priced. Huge menu, lots of choices. No room for dessert this round. Not sure why all the comments about noise level.... Didn't seem unreasonable, plus, it is a bar/ restaurant. Already looking forward to our next visit!

1  Thank JuliaWineGal
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Tisha's new venture into casual dining. Food was tasty, cocktails were not great. Our waitress was very pleasant and efficient. The noise was unbearable. There is nothing to absorb the sound - it is amazing that someone spent so much money to open a restaurant and did not consider this. Children running around while servers carry hot food and drinks also detracted from what could have been a nice meal.

5  Thank JoAnne P
Reviewed July 22, 2013

In a small town like North Cape May there aren't too many choices for a good restaurant. This is the exception. 5 West now occupies CJ's old spot, and I believe 5 West will be here for a good while. My wife and I along with another couple thought about going into Cape May, but on a Saturday, in mid-July, the crowds would have been overwhelming and parking a problem. We heard about 5 West from my brother and he said it was very good. He was right. Being a Saturday evening, they only take reservations for parties of 10 or more, so we had a brief wait.
There is a bar, so we enjoyed some wine and beer during our wait. Our waitress was a nice young lady and seated us close to the bar, a little noisy, but ok. This evening we were all in the mood for sandwiches, and my wife and our friends ordered burgers and me a crab cake. I also ordered the crab bisque, which was great. The sandwiches came with a salad and wonderful house dressing. I really enjoy crab cakes and mine was right up there with the best I've eaten. Everyone enjoyed their burgers and bottom line, this was a smart choice, and we would recommend this newly opened restaurant to anyone looking to be in the North Cape May area.They have many interesting dessert choices, be we elected to go to a local custard stand and watch the sunset with our cones in hand : ).

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Very nice dinner. We had a great server her name was Lilly. She was very attentive, very sweet, did not forget a thing! We had a party of 10, and everything was perfect. The atmosphere is just ok. A lot of the reviews said it was really loud, it wasn't that bad to me. Yes, it was noisy, but it is a pub/ bar. I did not feel like I was at the shore, but I would definitely come back, a great place to come, off season. The nachos were amazing!! My friend and I ordered plain grilled chicken and veggies, the chicken was a little tough. Honestly, everything else was really, really good! Calamari,pizza, burgers,
everything was great!!! Cocktails were good too. Pretty impressed! Lg