“Pleasantly surprised...”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Pleasantly surprised...”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We ended up here for dinner, not really knowing what we wanted.

The waitress was great, honest and friendly...the food was a hit, tasty and much better than I expected.

Ambience needs to be upgraded, the place looks tired and old....

• Visited September 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Gross”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We should have known better when we walked into a deserted dining room, but our kid was hungry and the other 2 places we tried to go to had a long wait so we decided to eat here. Big mistake! The soup was bland and fluorescent yellow. The spaghetti w/meatballs was abysmal. The sauce was bland and the meatballs were a dark grey color and tasted off. My husband got the fish and chips and the fish was the cheapest kind of frozen fish sticks you can buy. If you didn't know it was fish you wouldn't know it by lookin at it. We could barely eat any of the dinner and ended up basically eating ice cream for dinner. I will say that their ice cream was quite tasty but with a $45 bill I can say I was overall extremely disappointed. We will never eat there again!

• Visited June 2013
Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
“HORRIABLE”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have been eating here for years. It was great when it was the Rainbow Dinner. It should be called
“Un fit for human consumption Dinner”. It has been going downhill for the last few years and has reached a point that I WILL NEVER eat there again. The staff is uncaring and lazy, the floors and tables are dirty and the food in horrible. I felt robbed when I paid $36 for a lunch for 2 that I couldn’t eat anything but the soup. Seafood was definitely frozen NOT fresh. There is barley anyone else in there these days so I should have taken that as a tale tell sign of the how bad the quality of the food and service has gotten. When I left the ally rat looking cashier asked me how everything was and I told him that I could eat my food it was really bad. He said and I quote “really”. That’s it…. Not what was wrong (maybe it was something that could be fixed) well he didn’t care and if they don’t know what was wrong with an unhappy customer how would it ever be changed, fixed or dealt with? It’s a 2 on a scale of 1-10.

• Visited May 2013
Lewes, Delaware
“Not so good.”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've had several meals at the Blue Plate Diner in the past year or so, and overall I would rate it as average at best. On my most recent visit, I had one of their $9.95 specials, Chicken Croquettes, and I would rate that meal below average. A cup of soup was included and that was good, but the chicken croquettes were not. There were two large croquettes (certainly not homemade) sitting on a blob of mashed potatoes. They were slathered with a glutinous yellow gravy that lacked flavor. The most notable feature of the croquettes was the sparce amount of chicken in them.

The service was very good; the waitress was very pleasant, solicitous and efficient.

I'll probably eat there again from time to time because it is a convenient place for a quick and inexpensive sandwich or meal (and breakfast can be good), but it won't be with high expectations, and I certainly won't order chicken croquettes.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank practans
elsinboro
“lunch/breakfast”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

sausage gravy and bisquit. yes only one small bisquit. plenty of gravy. but it was very bland. i think the cook had a bland white gravey and sliced up one sausage link then put it on the one bisquit. big place but not many customers. i should have noticed before i went in.i doubt i will return.

Visited September 2012