“Worst experience of my life!!!”
Review of Blue Plate Diner - CLOSED

Blue Plate Diner
Cuisines: American, Italian, Greek, Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cape May, New Jersey
“Worst experience of my life!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My family and I decided to come to Blue Plate Diner, never again after this experience. We were greeted by a scruffy, hungover cashier/host Angelo. He tried to sit us next to a table of ten when the rest of the resturant was empty. I took your menus and moved to the other side of the room, he came back and literally dropped the high-chair next to the table with an attitude and walked away.

Our waitress Emily finally came to our table 10 minutes later and got our drink order, keep in mind we're the only other table on this side of the resturant besides the 10-top that is finishing up their meal. We put our food orders in, meanwhile three more table came in after us and got their meals first and the waitress next to us dropped 2 orders of french toast on the ground. I had get a busboy to find our waitress and the atmostsphere was loud from the plates being thrown into the bus-pans, hot and smokey from the kitchen vents not being on and unorganized due to the waitstaff not having stations. There were 4 tables in our area and 3 different servers in the room, it appeared that they rotated tables that came in. Our server had 3 tables on the other side of the resturant.

After our food finally came out about and hour later, everyone received their food and a side of scrapple was put in front of me when i ordered chicken parm sandwich. When she dropped off my sandwich it was horrible. It was 2 chicken tenders put on a bun with flavorless sauce and my fries were cold. When Emily dropped of the check she took off the drinks, which was not enough to get me back in there.

I blame this experience on every part of the resturant; the scruffy/RUDE host Angelo, the service, the cooks and above all the management. I will never return to this establishment, should've kept it Rainbow ice cream.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank cmorg23

Havertown, Pennsylvania
“Good Breakfast, Good Dinner”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We went here when we couldn't get into Uncle Bill's parking lot. I had an egg white omelet that was very fluffy. The coffee was a little weak, but everything else was wonderful. I was surprised how empty the restaurant was at breakfast.

Our dinner was also very good. Typical diner fare, from salads and sandwiches, to comfort foods, to pasta. The food came quickly. The ice cream was good, but not anything super-duper special. There are many flavors to choose from. The line was a little long, but it did move quickly.

Visited July 2012
“Great food great service!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The food here is incredible, even for diner food. Service is always speedy and the wait and ice cream staff are so incredibly nice.

1 Thank RockstarEm19
North Cape May, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“our favourite place”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Nice diner with reasonable prices..good food and experienced waitress...went there with my freind and left very happy...its worth going...it includes a nice patio with sliders to relax while eating a great miniture golf for the kids and an ice cream place were you ca n get up to 45 flavours....we were amazed how super clean they keep this place and definetly we will keep or going with or friends...

1 Thank Hjgcs
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Waitresses are full of energy and fun to be around. Food is delicious and te ice cream is Tastey. This is a good place to go.

1 Thank EdShitz