“Great views...pricey drinks and food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harpoons on the Bay

Harpoons on the Bay
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated directly on the Delaware Bay with sunsets to die for, at Harpoon's on the Bay, you'll have to agree you've found paradise! We offer over 250 frozen drinks from our full bar. A tropical delight awaits your arrival. If that isn't enough to tempt you, the food is great and the service is friendly. We have plenty of free parking and a giant sandbox for the kids! Our umbrella tables are dog friendly. With outdoor and indoor, air-conditioned seating for 300 and three bars, everyone has a great time at Harpoon Henry's. Entertainment nightly and a conch blowing sunset celebration. Everyone knows this is the happening place to be. Offering "Harpoon Healthy" options & some gluten free items - ask your server for details. Play "Corn Hole" while you wait!
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“Great views...pricey drinks and food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have been going to Harpoon Henry's since the 80's when it was the Whaler's Cove. I love the location with it's views of the Delaware Bay. I really want to love this place and make it a regular summer hangout. However, the high bar food and drink prices keep me away. I guess they add a few bucks for the view they provide. I stopped in for lunch with another adult and two kids. We all had sandwiches on throw away plastic plates and the bill was $70. And I was the only person who had one drink with alcohol in it. The food selection is very limited and the staff makes you feel rushed. The food is always decent, but it is just sandwiches and finger foods. I've also walked in around 9pm on summer nights to find the bar closing early. I could understand if the place was completely empty, but there were at least 10 people sitting at the bar. I really think the open closing time keeps people away from hanging out here at night. Why make the trip if you're not sure if the place is going to be open. I will keep on stopping by from time to time to have a drink and watch the sunsets. I just hope they change some closing policies and the menu (including prices) a little to keep me coming back on a regular basis.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Patrick58

Connecticut
“Good food but lots of flies!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

We enjoyed eating dinner here in the late afternoon on a beautiful July day. This restaurant is located on the shoreline but in a residential area that requires a car to drive to. We enjoyed the food (I had broiled swordfish) but the flies were crazy although we were sitting in the enclosed area. I counted over 25 flies on one table alone! I don't mind flies if I'm on a picnic but it was too distracting for an indoor location.

• Visited July 2013
Villanova, Pennsylvania
“Go for environment and drinks, not food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Love the location...great view and breezes off the bay. Variety of drinks is good, but not all of the food is top notch. Perfect for casual, relaxed dining. Live music is fun, too. They seems now permit dogs on an outer deck area....thanks from dog lovers everywhere!

Visited August 2013
Paradise, Pa.
“Great sunset”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Have dined here twice and love the atmosphere. Great, great view of the sunset setting over the Delaware Bay. Food is good, service was good and the entertainment. Nice place to hang out with friends, have a drink and catch the sunset.

• Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, Pa.
“Best Sunsets on the Delaware Bay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

There is no question that Fall is the best time of the year at the New Jersey Shore. This is also the time of year that we dust off the motorcycles and join several of our friends for road trips around Cape May County. The crowds are thinning out, and we pretty much have the road to ourselves. On our most recent cruise, we started out from Wildwood, N.J., cruised north to Stone Harbor and then west to the bay side of the county. Excellent riding on two lane roads thru small towns, farmlands and vineyards. As we rode alond Bay Drive in North Cape May we came across a lone bar/restaurant, and decided to take a break and grab a quick meal. Being on cycles our limit on drinking is one beer, so we kicked up our heels ordered some burgers and beer and enjoyed this little oasis along the bay. Our rides are always special, but on this day Harpoon Henry's was the icing on our cake. Nice spot, friendly people and a perfect sunset.

• Visited September 2013