“Yucky and smelly”

and 1 more site!
Clarion Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in North Brunswick
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Worst hotel ever. The smell was awful so was the bedding. I don't know what I was thinking it should be called motel not an inn. Also there were people actually living there. Homeless families that are waiting for welfare to place them in housing. Unattended kids running around etc.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Mr and Mrs G

Reviewed November 11, 2011

DO NOT stay in this hotel. One of the wings serves as welfare housing. The cops and EMS are in and out of the facility several times a week. Scary and unsafe place to stay

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank LexiBelleville
Reviewed October 21, 2011

decent hotel, but location not good. The indian restaurant is awesome though which attached with the hotel. Rooms are decent but nothing special. Can avoid if you can get better hotels. Has a swimming pool which is good.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank rahulmehta86
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Had to stay here for 2 nights during a wedding as this was, unfortunately, where the bride chose to house the out of town guests. Front desk totally useless - took forever to be checked in even though there was no one else checking in at the time! Hallways dark and musty. Guest room I was stuck in (no others to be had due to several wedding parties booking rooms) definitely had some sort of water damage as everything smelled moldy and my allergies were really bothered by mold. Hairs in bathroom upon check-in. Mattress lousy and it looked like there had been some evidence of a past bed bug infestation when I pulled the sheets back and checked behind the headboard (yep, I had to check because this entire place reminded me of the kind of dump where crack-addicted working girls would bring their "customers"). I will say I did not have any bites on me during my stay, but I definitely did not feel comfortable taking anything out of my suitcase that I wasn't going to wear and I kept the suitcase elevated off the carpet and bed just in case there was any residual "critter" that may have wanted to hitchike to another destination.

The only reason they get even 1 star is because the room and hallways were quiet at night (but note that my room faced the interior courtyard so I don't know if this would have been the case had I gotten a room facing the busy road that this hotel is located on) and the breakfast was adequate if all you are really looking for is some cereal and yogurt to tide you over in the morning.

Even the common areas are dumpy - the lobby furniture was worn out and torn. The exterior parking is a little dicey. There is a fence that divides the hotel from a strip mall area next door and the fence has a hole in it. Saw some strange characters hanging around after they climbed through the fence and started rifling through the dumpster out back in the parking lot. We cleared the car of anything that looked worth stealing.

To top it all off, when I got my credit card statement, this Ramada had charged my card twice for the stay and it took about half a dozen phone calls and emails to the GM to finally get them to remove the extra charge.

Room Tip: Choose a room at any other hotel in the area except this Ramada!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GoneTravelin07
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Stay away! Room keys must be continuously reset, poor management, horrible breakfast and bad rooms. Just a horrible place

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank NC119s
Reviewed November 16, 2010

first off i usually love the ramada - but lately the management has gotten sloppy. They dont seem to care about their guests and they have charged for things that should be free like shampoo and conditioner!!!!! The room was trashed with garbage when we arrived and management didnt care... dont come .. go to motel 66

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cawad
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Stayed at this hotel while attending a nearby wedding. Rooms were dirty and musty. Hotel looks threadbare and pool is in a bad state. Outside doors to guest room wings have keycard locks but they are not operating and doors are open 24 hours a day. When I got my credit card bill I found they had double charged me. I called the hotel and was told it would be corrected but a month later I have had to get the credit card company involved. ALL of the wedding guests I have talked to have had similar problems with multiple charges. My advice - keep away!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo