Staybridge Suites North Brunswick
$84
$169
  • Pool
$65
Courtyard North Brunswick(North Brunswick)
TripAdvisor
Clarion Inn(North Brunswick)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslight dinnerfront deskcvs pharmacyfull kitchencomfortable place to stayhot breakfastwonderful stayhome away from homestudio suitesmall kitchennice hotelnew jerseywalking distancerecommend this hotelpull out couchfree breakfastbed was very comfortable
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Needed to stay near my parents' house to prepare for their move. Us: couple in their 40's with a baby. This hotel was perfect. I had read from other reviews that the walls were thin and you could hear hallway noise. If you were a guest on the 5th floor during the first weekend in March (2013) it was our 11 month old son that was the source of all that noise (sorry and I am to the first to admit that he is loud).

Stayed in a one-bedroom suite (wanted a two-bedroom suite but there are only a few so if you want one, book early) on the 5th floor. I am going to guess that there are only 5 - one per floor?

What I liked:

- the living area was completely separate from the bedroom with a wall and a door (if you've ever stayed in a "junior suite"that only had a partition you will appreciate this)
- the full kitchen which was stocked with all the basics - utensils, glasses, dishes, mugs, frying pan, sauce pan (the kind you use for soup); even salt/pepper, sugar/Equal/Sweet N Low, which was a nice touch. There is dishwasher detergent and a mini bottle of dishwashing soap. Full fridge/freezer and 12 cup coffee pot. Paper towels. I brought our own coffee but hubby wanted to try the hotel coffee pack - he hated it and even I didn't like it (he's the coffee snob; I will drink almost anything).
- didn't get to use the pool due to time issues but it was nice that it was there.
- good variety of breakfast items the 2 mornings we were there. pleasant and helpful staff.
- next to a strip mall that has a CVS - good for snacks/basic grocery items/baby stuff.
- bathroom had a real bathtub - if you have a baby/small child you need a bathtub. So many hotels are going to shower-only.
- for dinner, we did take-out at Bertucci's (yum); Longhorn Steakhouse is also next door to the hotel, for the next dinner we went to TGIF's (2? miles north on Route 1, near the Walmart) - also good.
- hotel has "light housekeeping" during M-F (we were there Thurs-Sat) so the trash is taken out and the beds are made. I liked this feature; I didn't feel like we had to be out of the room all day in case we "missed housekeeping".
- the front desk staff as well as the other hotel employees we saw were polite and friendly. The hotel opened in April 2012 and I just love when a hotel is so new. Sounds odd until you stay in a hotel that has aged past it's prime.

Random thoughts:

- our dishwasher was loud and took (2 hours?) to finish; not a negative but something to know.
- my husband (who admits he is obsessed with finding a good parking spot) observed that one car was parked in the "check in only" area for over 24 hours (there are 3 or 4 spots to the left of the hotel). He parked in the strip mall parking lot next door as mentioned by others, if he couldn't find a spot in the front.

My husband (besides coffee and parking spaces) is not picky about hotels; but I am. We thought it was perfect for our needs, and will stay there again when we go back in May to finish up with the sale of my parents' house. It was our first hotel stay with the baby, but there was room in the living area for the play yard (Pack n' play) and after moving the mini coffee tables to the side I didn't have to worry too much about child-proofing. Next time we're going to use the pool!

Room Tip: If you want a 2-bedroom suite, book early.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Thank you for the outstanding review of our property! I am delighted you enjoyed the many features and the convenient location of our hotel and very much appreciate your specific and detailed feedback about of our property. I will pass along your comments to the staff and hope that you will have the opportunity to enjoy our pool and spa when you return later this year. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Brilliant location right on US1 Highway with restaurants, groceries & cinemas in walking distance. Brilliant suites. Rooms are not that big but well planned & you'll have a cosy feeling. Bed is good & every day they do a touch up so it's as good as a hotel. Receptionists are extremely helpful & they will go out their way to help further. I was extremely satisfied with their service but the only thing they need to improve is their breakfast spread. In one word it's pathetic in US standards & I was in this hotel for 21 days. So at later stage I used to skip breakfast because it's so monotonous.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you very much for the excellent review of our property. Our guest suites are very comfortable for someone seeking that home away from home feeling and our area offers many conveniences for long-term guests. We strive to continuously improve our hotel and I appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast offerings. I hope to see you again should your travel plans bring you back to the North Brunswick area.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hotel has limited parking and mostly on the far backside. When that gets filled up you have to resort to parking in the shopping plaza next door.

Lobby –
1. The lobby has a fireplace but the staff never turns it on. It would be nice to use it especially on cold and miserable days. If you have one, why not use it and make it nice for the guests?
2. Other than breakfast the coffee is not available in the lobby, as it is in most hotels.

Walls/Doors/Floors
1. The walls are not very sound proof – you can hear quite a bit in neighboring rooms and outside traffic, trucks running all night.
2. Doors slam easily and are very loud. You can hear everyone slamming doors anytime of the day or night, including the staff during work hours, they should be told to have more consideration for the guests that are here working during the day.
3. Maids need to be told not to slam doors and drop/throw things on the floor, banging and disturbing the guests.

Washing Machines
1. This one is interesting – although the hotel does have their commercial washing machines, for some reason they like to use the guest laundry room machines and to top it off, they just leave their things in the machine and don’t bother taking their things out?? I’d rather pay to wash/dry, maybe then they’d be available to use, when the guests need them.

I noticed that they transport food to other floors from the kitchen (not sure where they go but it must be disturbing to hotel guests especially in the early morning hours, which is what I noticed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Raj K

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Your detailed feedback is being taken very seriously as we strive to exceed our customer's expectations. I have reviewed your concerns with the staff and are addressing the issues you noted in your review. Thank you for your comments and I hope that we have the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed overnight for a business meeting in Somerset NJ. The hotel has only been open for a few months I believe. It looked brand new. I loved the suite! Too bad I was only there for one night. The suite seems perfect for someone who needs to stay longer. There was an event where managers socialized and cooked with the guests. Pretty friendly staff. Very very very clean!
I will be back!

• Stayed: December 2012
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for the great review of our property and I am glad you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. Our product and location is perfect for long term stays as we are within walking distance to many restaurant and service amenities, including a multi-plex cinema. I hope you will visit us again should you return to the North Brunswick area.

Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Good location, there are a few restaurants in waking distance. The staff was very helpful anytime I needed anything. Clean, safe place to stay. Free breakfast each day, free dinner Tuesday - Thursday.

• Stayed: December 2012
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you very much for your outstanding rating of the Staybridge Suites North Brunswick. We take great pride in our property and I am glad that our team met your expectations. Please come back and visit us next time you are in the North Brunswick area.