“All mid-line hotels should be this nice...”

Staybridge Suites North Brunswick
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in North Brunswick
Fairfax, VA
“All mid-line hotels should be this nice...”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Staybridge Suites in North Brunswick is among the best of hotels I've ever visited. I was a guest for about two weeks in late November of 2012 and will tell you that, unequivocally, I can't remember a better stay at a comparably priced hotel. The service was above and beyond -- especially the front desk staff. Unfortunately I did not catch the name of the woman who assisted me most, but on every occasion she rose well above my expectations. I wish all hotels were this accommodating. I stayed in two rooms -- a one BR suite and a smaller studio. Each was well appointed and modern. It's truly as if they read a thousand reviews and actually implemented traveler suggestions to design a better hotel room -- plenty of outlets at varying heights in the rooms, a choice of feather or non-feather pillows, comfortable places to sit aside from the bed, and so on. The lobby, downstairs lounge areas, pool and free laundry were likewise comfortable and impeccably clean. I had breakfast there most mornings which included hot eggs (scrambled or an omlette-type thing) along with at least one breakfast meat and the usual array of carby muffins and breads as well as fruits and cold cereals. They also have a waffle maker available. I didn't get to try the evening meal/social, but the menu looked inviting.

My only complaint, and it's a minor one: why don't rooms have king beds instead of queens? Especially in the one BR suite, there's plenty of room for a larger bed, why not just put one in there in the first place? As I was by myself, it's not an important question, but if I were traveling with a bedmate, it might be a tad cozy in a queen-sized bed, especially if you're used to a king bed.

Several major chain restaurants and a CVS and movie theater within walking distance, and immediately adjacent to Route 1, the Staybridge is a few miles from the core of the Route 1 business area, but it looks as if there is more construction moving south into this area so it won't be long before you'll see more amenities popping up.

Terrific hotel on every count.

Room Tip: Choose something down the hall, away from Route 1
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ButchKin
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
I very much appreciate your outstanding and detailed review of our hotel. My team will be so pleased to hear these favorable comments as they work very hard to ensure that our guests are comfortable, particularly when they are away from home for an extended period. We hope to see you again when you return to the North Brunswick area.

Rita Courville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kentucky
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We recently stayed here for 3 nights while in town to attend a family wedding.We had a one bedroom suite. It was brand new- spacious- lovely decor- comfortable bedding - plenty of space.
They had a kitchenette with everyting in it. Good breakfast. Plenty of space and drawers too.Would highly recommend to everyone.We had such a comfortable stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SheilaKentucky
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you very much for the excellent review of our property. I am glad that we were able to meet your needs and that you were comfortable during the wedding weekend. Our goal is to make our guests comfortable no matter what occasion brings them to the North Brunswick area. We hope to see you again should you need accommodations in our area again.

Bolton, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Gigantic 1 bedroom full kitchen suite. Paid around $150 a night but worth every penny. Full kitchen and living room which was perfect for my trip. Pool was nice. Breakfast was fabulous as was the free potato bar at 4:00 in the evening. 2 giant tvs. Internet was a bit slow. Otherwise, perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank thespeechgirl
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for the outstanding review of our property. We appreciate your feedback, particularly your comments about our spacious rooms and the quality of our breakfast and social hour menus. Hope to see you again should your travel plans bring you back to the North Brunswick area.

East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked this hotel for a family of 4 for 2 nights during the hurricane Sandy. Hotel is only 6 months old. Suite was clean and cozy; 2 flat screen TVs, pullout couch, desk. Kitchenette had EVERYTHING you could possibly need: stove, faucet, fridge, microwave, toaster, pots, dishes, silverware. There is also a nice Jacuzzi and a good size pool for travelers' pleasure on the first floor. The staff was very nice and accommodating. General Manager Rita Courville was on premises due to state of emergency in NJ, to oversee the operation and make sure everyone was comfortable and safe. She has exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Smile never left her face even during the blackout due to storm. Walking distance to bunch of eateries.The only issue I can think off is a small bathroom. Otherwise, great place for family reunion, business travel or leisure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you so very much for your great review of our property. And thank you also for chosing the Staybridge Suites North Brunswick as your refuge in the storm. We did our best to create a safe and comfortable atmosphere in which to ride out the storm and the power outage. I am so pleased you and your family were comfortable and I will share your comments with the staff. I hope to see you again should you ever need hotel accommodations for family or business associates.

New Jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I lost my power during Hurrican Sandy and had no luck finding a hotel for two days. I lucked up and called The Staybridge Suites and they had a room availible. I didnt know what to expect, since I typically stay in 4 star or better hotels normally, but was more the pleasantly surprised when I arrived, and the buidling looked brand new, just like the pictures online! The staff was incredibly friendly and the general manager was even willing to help me during my check in process. My suite was spotless and I recieved a phone call shortly after checking in from the front desk, making sure I was comfortable:) They had breakfast each morning, which was pretty good. They gym was nice and had a brand new treadmill (Im a runner, so I was happy:)

I had a terrible week due to the storm, but this hotel and most of all the staff, made a bad situation, so much better!:)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for the excellent review and your favorable comments regarding the staff of the Staybridge Suites, North Brunswick. I am so glad to hear that we made you feel welcome and comfortable in the aftermath of the storm. We hope to see you again soon but this time under better circumstances.

Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I just stayed here with our dog. Apparently there is a 50 lb limit for dogs, so we just came in a side door with our 100 lb dog (only $15 pet fee). In my defense, though, the website did not give a size limit. In any case, this hotel is very modern and everything is new. The bed was very comfortable, the flat screen TV had all the modern TV channels, and the room has a small kitchenette.. We didn't participate in the free breakfast, so I can't comment on that. Overall it was very comfortable and quiet.
The check-in staff are a bit over zealous about getting you to join the free points program(the same one as Holiday Inn), but other than that, it was a very pleasant stay.
You can't see the sign for this hotel until you are driving by it, so if your GPS says "100 feet", you should definitely slow down. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you very much for the favorable review of our property. I am so pleased that you and your dog were comfortable and enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you will return and visit us again the next time you are in the North Brunswick area.

North Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is the best hotel that I have stayed in since working in NJ. I travel with my job and stayed at a few other places prior to finding this jewel! The hotel staff is so welcoming, friendly and helpful. After working all day I feel like I am coming home every day! The General manager is wonderful always happy to see me and not just her. The front desk manager the sales director, the front desk staff always greets you with a smile and calls me by name. And as many people that may stay here I have no idea how they can remember all of the names but they do! As a business traveler I would recommend any business to stay here. The furnishing are top of the line the cleaning staff does a great job. The breakfast and appetizers are always fresh and good. I really can't say enough about this hotel! So if anyone traveling for business or pleasure this is the place to stay. Kudos to the hotel and staff. I will always stay here when I am any where close to the area!
Thank you all so much for all the personal attention that you give!
Cathy

Room Tip: I have had many different rooms and any of them is perfect!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you so very much for the outstanding review of our property. I know the staff will be very pleased to hear your comments and to know that you have a sense of home while staying with us. Our goal is to ensure every guest has an outstanding experience at the hotel and we appreciate your business.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Brunswick
The Heldrich Hotel & Conference Center
Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
#1 of 4 in New Brunswick

Been to Staybridge Suites North Brunswick? Share your experiences!