“Just plain mediocre”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in North Brunswick
Reviewed August 10, 2012

For this location to be brand new I felt an overwhelming attitude of mediocrity, nothing that really stood out here. It wasn't a terrible stay but I've had better. Here are my reasons.

Pros

The hotel is next to a UPS store as well as good restaurants.

The location is clean, maintained with no major concerns.

Quiet area located right off of route 1. Forty miles from NYC.

Cons

Beware if you have Sprint cell phone service be prepared for no coverage. Unfortunately for me I have Sprint or my personal, work and air card so I couldn't get any productivity done here. I walked around the hotel just to see if I was in a dead spot and that whole hotel is anti Sprint service which was terrible for me since I had Confrence calls and personal phone calls that I couldnt take.

Internet is horrible and if you can log on to the network you are one of the lucky people.

Breakfast looked as tasted horrible, didn't bother to keep wasting my time.

Parking is horrible if they are booked full and you get in late.

Housekeeping only puts two days worth if towels in your room which really annoyed me because I don't request housekeeping everyday.

• Stayed: August 2012
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you very much for reviewing our property and I appreciate your feedback. I am disappointed that your stay with us did not meet your expectations i will share your comments with the team so that we can improve the consistency of the guest experience in the areas you have mentioned and I hope you will visit us again if you return to the North Brunswick area.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

It's a little hard to spot off US 1. We had to do a couple U-turns to find it. Once we did, we were so happy with our stay. The rooms are brand new, the service is excellent and it's incredibly quiet! Very very comfortable and clean. Lovely.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for the very favorable review of our property. I am pleased that your stay was enjoyable and I will pass along your feedback to the staff. I hope you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to the North Brunswick area.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The staff at Staybridge were first class. If you asked the staff a question or had a complaint it was answered in a very timely manner. The breakfast in the morning was good. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. There was a funky smell in the lobby sometimes (which precluded me from giving four or five stars) and the people staying above us were quite noisy so the insulation in the floors were not that good.
Overall, if you can get a decent price for this hotel, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Rita C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites North Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Thank you very much for the positive review and for recommendation our property to other travelers. I also very much appreciate the compliments about our staff and I am pleased they were responsive to your needs. During your stay we did have a minor issue that caused the smell you experienced in our lobby, which has since been corrected. I hope that you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to the North Brunswick area.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about this property. After a long road trip, this was just the right place for my husband and me to stop for the night before continuing on with our journey. The front desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating when I asked that our room be switched to the first floor to make things easier on our 12-year-old dog. Our studio suite was very spacious with a luxurious bed. Bottom line: The Staybridge Suites in North Brunswick is clean, comfortable and affordable. The breakfast buffet was great with ample choices of cold and warm foods. Kudos to the staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the positive review of our property. We very much appreciate your feedback and are very glad we were to make you and the family dog comfortable. Our staff enjoys the pets that they meet at our 'pet friendly' hotel and we hope you will return and stay with us again on your next road trip.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband & I stayed here for one night 7/28, while we attended a Wedding at Rasoi's (very close proximity 5 min). We were very impressed with the Lobby/Front Desk area and of course the Front Desk Staff, I believe her name was Kayla? She was extremely pleasant and professional! Her smile and great attitude are a plus for your Establishment! The room was more than we'd imagined. It was so clean,with a beautiful layout, & modern furniture. Then you had a kitchenette with a medium sized fridge, microwave, and yes that was a DISHWASHER in the room! There are plates, utensils, cookware, I mean you really dont need anything if you were staying for a few days or month. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast included was good spight what others on TA had commented. I had French Toast & sausage and my husband had waffles. The coffee was very good. Breakfast had Minute Maid juices and fountain Coca-Cola products. There was plenty of variety in beverages and breakfast food. I wish I had another Wedding to attend in the North Brunswick area so I could stay again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your outstanding review of our property, I am very glad we were able to meet your needs during your visit to the area. As you noted, our guest suites are fully equiped with every convenience whether for an overnight stay or a month or two at a time and our Staybridge complimentary breakfast has recently been upgraded to include several new offerings. Please visit us again if you return to the North Brunswick area.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed one night in this new hotel and I would definately come back. My room was like a studio apartment with kitchenette. Lovely small pool & hot tub, cozy dining room with generous full breakfast. Even though it's located on a busy commercial road, they managed to landscape relaxing views. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank patkry

Thank you very much for the very positive review of our hotel. I am very glad you were able to relax during your stay and I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy our outdoor patio, where we have made an enviting atmosphere to unwind at the end of a busy day. I will pass along your compliments to our staff as well. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Located on a difficult stretch (traffic-wise) of Route 1 this hotel is located within walking distance of a number of pretty good restaurants. After working all day it's nice to just walk to someplace close for dinner and not deal with driving. Staff was very nice and responsive.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ulboy11713
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you very much for the favorable comments regarding the staff of the Staybridge Suites North Brunswick and also for noting the several restaurants located within walking distance of our hotel. Additionally, there is a large multi-plex movie theater and a national drug store chain also located within walking distance. I look foward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you next visit the North Brunswick area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Brunswick
Holiday Inn Express Tower Center New Brunswick
Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
#1 of 4 in New Brunswick

Been to Staybridge Suites North Brunswick? Share your experiences!