Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
$101
$105
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Courtyard North Brunswick(North Brunswick)
All reviewsrite aidnew brunswickfront deskdrug storegreat hoteleasy accesscomplimentary breakfastrutgers universityroom was cleanbusiness stayoatmealbreakfast areagreat roomparking lotexcellent staynj turnpikeconvenient location
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Easy access and close to shopping and short commute to lots of other places. Nice rooms. Cozy bed and pillows and nice breakfast in the morning to begin my day. Would stay here again and will recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
NAtkins841, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

I want to thank you for staying with us, I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you during your stay here. I notice in your comments about the breakfast eggs and sausage as well as the HVAC units in the room with the noise. The units has mention sensor on them and when its set to a temp. that's what happen. But I will assure you that we have check the unit out and address the noise in that room. We value your service and would like to continue to be a home away from home whenever your on the road or in this area. We hope that this will not discourage you from staying with us again if your ever in the area.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here for two nights earlier this month. The room was very nice. Double beds, a huge flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, etc. The bath room was very clean. Wi-fi was easy to access and the connection was great. I'm funny about beds and bed linens so I slept on top of the comforter and used the comforter from the second bed as a blanket. Crazy, I know. There are two things that keep me from giving this room 5 stars. First, the breakfast was not appealing to me. The eggs were a bit rubbery and the Kielbasa was not good - I don't care for it. The coffee was great, though. Second, there was an annoying noise in the HVAC. At first I chalked it up to the squeakiness that comes along with HVACs but the sound continued whether the heat was on or off. I noticed that when I stood directly in front of the unit, the sound stopped. When I moved away, it would start again. If I muted the TV, it would stop but begin when I turned the sound up. Convinced that some sort of rodent was in the unit, I called downstairs to the front desk but they assured me that nothing could be living in the unit. But from that point on, I was convinced that I was being watched by some rodent! LOL Needless to say, I didn't sleep much that second night. I had a pleasant enough stay and it was very quiet. There were some little girls in a group across and down the hall from me. I could not hear them even though I came out to get ice and they were 'playing' in the hallway and at the machines. There is a Chili's practically next door and Route 1 is filled to the brim with food and shopping establishments. This is a nice hotel in a prime location. I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hampton Inn seemed pretty good in most areas except one: there's a huge cell phone tower right next to the hotel. There are many health concerns with the microwave radiation that is emitted by cell phone towers. I would prefer not to spend an entire night right next to a tower.

Besides the tower, my other main complaint is that there was were diesel exhaust fumes coming out of our fan unit on and off during the night.

The bed was a bit soft for my tastes--no support, but maybe most people prefer a soft bed.

Aside from these concerns, the hotel was clean, the room was spacious, and the breakfast was better than other places--they serve fresh fruit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far from the cell phone tower as possible.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2012

This Hampton Inn is fabulous! Location is right off the highway and near stores we all know. Great delivery restaurants in the area which vary in variety and economically reasonable. The breakfast buffet is tasty and allows you enough time to get downstairs to enjoy. The dining room is spaciously accommodating with plenty of room for wireless connections and individual flat screen T.V.'s for different guests to enjoy while they dine. In the evening, the sitting area behind the brick-walled fireplace is a cozy place to enjoy an intimate conversation while watching T.V. as it is secluded and private. The sitting room is well decorated and makes you feel at home. Parking area could use some more lighting at night but is quite spacious. The business center is quiet and well kept; it lacks a scanner however which many business travelers use quite frequently.

Upper level rooms are quite spacious and extremely clean/well kept. Housekeeping staff is attentive and respectful. Design of the rooms are gorgeous and representative of the Hilton brand.

I would stay again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Upper level room near stairwell on second floor is quite accessible to good parking spaces in lot and encourage exercise.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
NAtkins841, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

I want to first thank you for allowing us to accommodate you during your traveling time. I also wanted to inform you that the cell phone tower near the building is regulation distance away from any guest and is regularly serviced to ensure local health and safety laws are followed. We would never put our guest in danger of any kind and we assure you that its under control. We are glad that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and hope if your in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Nadine Atkins

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during the summer. Staff was unfriendly, the housekeeper threw away our jewelry that was specifically put out of view. In the police report she actually admitted to throwing it away, the general manager wouldn't even give a full refund let alone compensate for the problem. Cops were called to the hotel multiple times for noise issues and other problems that ensue at this establishment. The general manager asked the owners to contact me and they still have not. After months of being told I would be compensated I was told the owners are not taking responsibility and they couldn't even tell me themselves. Dirty rooms, and I wouldn't trust anyone there. I can't say it enough WORST HOTEL IN JERSEY. Two hotels close by to this Hampton I would suggest staying there since I probably should have done that-or slept in my car anything would have been bette.r

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sandra1386
scarasso, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I would like to express that we did honor you a full refund do to the inconvenience that you encounter here. I understand your frustration in the delay of a resolution and greatly appreciate your patience. During your stay we did not anticipate some of the issue that occur during that weekend of the car show. This event takes place each year and we encounter different altercations but unfortunately this year even though we took the step to try to alleviate problems things still occur. Again I do apologize and we are still working towards a resolution and I assure you the matter will be taken care of to your satisfaction. I hate to think this will hinder your opinion of our brand and that is why I assure you we will make this right. We have shared your additional comments on the cleanliness of our property with our housekeepers and we will all be working harder to maintain our quality standards moving forward. Thank you again for your patience and we will speak soon.
Nadine Atkins