“Cell phone tower right next to hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick

Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in North Brunswick
Purchase, New York
“Cell phone tower right next to hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

The Hampton Inn seemed pretty good in most areas except one: there's a huge cell phone tower right next to the hotel. There are many health concerns with the microwave radiation that is emitted by cell phone towers. I would prefer not to spend an entire night right next to a tower.

Besides the tower, my other main complaint is that there was were diesel exhaust fumes coming out of our fan unit on and off during the night.

The bed was a bit soft for my tastes--no support, but maybe most people prefer a soft bed.

Aside from these concerns, the hotel was clean, the room was spacious, and the breakfast was better than other places--they serve fresh fruit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far from the cell phone tower as possible.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Garden City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

This Hampton Inn is fabulous! Location is right off the highway and near stores we all know. Great delivery restaurants in the area which vary in variety and economically reasonable. The breakfast buffet is tasty and allows you enough time to get downstairs to enjoy. The dining room is spaciously accommodating with plenty of room for wireless connections and individual flat screen T.V.'s for different guests to enjoy while they dine. In the evening, the sitting area behind the brick-walled fireplace is a cozy place to enjoy an intimate conversation while watching T.V. as it is secluded and private. The sitting room is well decorated and makes you feel at home. Parking area could use some more lighting at night but is quite spacious. The business center is quiet and well kept; it lacks a scanner however which many business travelers use quite frequently.

Upper level rooms are quite spacious and extremely clean/well kept. Housekeeping staff is attentive and respectful. Design of the rooms are gorgeous and representative of the Hilton brand.

I would stay again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Upper level room near stairwell on second floor is quite accessible to good parking spaces in lot an...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NAtkins841, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I want to first thank you for allowing us to accommodate you during your traveling time. I also wanted to inform you that the cell phone tower near the building is regulation distance away from any guest and is regularly serviced to ensure local health and safety laws are followed. We would never put our guest in danger of any kind and we assure you that its under control. We are glad that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and hope if your in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Nadine Atkins
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during the summer. Staff was unfriendly, the housekeeper threw away our jewelry that was specifically put out of view. In the police report she actually admitted to throwing it away, the general manager wouldn't even give a full refund let alone compensate for the problem. Cops were called to the hotel multiple times for noise issues and other problems that ensue at this establishment. The general manager asked the owners to contact me and they still have not. After months of being told I would be compensated I was told the owners are not taking responsibility and they couldn't even tell me themselves. Dirty rooms, and I wouldn't trust anyone there. I can't say it enough WORST HOTEL IN JERSEY. Two hotels close by to this Hampton I would suggest staying there since I probably should have done that-or slept in my car anything would have been bette.r

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sandra1386
scarasso, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I would like to express that we did honor you a full refund do to the inconvenience that you encounter here. I understand your frustration in the delay of a resolution and greatly appreciate your patience. During your stay we did not anticipate some of the issue that occur during that weekend of the car show. This event takes place each year and we encounter different altercations but unfortunately this year even though we took the step to try to alleviate problems things still occur. Again I do apologize and we are still working towards a resolution and I assure you the matter will be taken care of to your satisfaction. I hate to think this will hinder your opinion of our brand and that is why I assure you we will make this right. We have shared your additional comments on the cleanliness of our property with our housekeepers and we will all be working harder to maintain our quality standards moving forward. Thank you again for your patience and we will speak soon.
Nadine Atkins
Plainfield, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here, just to get away and let my son swim.

The room was ok... The bed was clean, and comfortable. Their were little things that need to be worked on that would make the hotel perfect.

Their was a patched up spot in the ceiling, where I guess a smoke alarm was. They could have fixed it better. The bathroom door could have used some work. Some of the walls could have been wiped. My bathroom toilet was runny, and the tub needed slip strips.

The pool was also ok, but could have been a little warmer since it was a indoor heated pool and the towels a little bigger.

Breakfast runs from 6 to 10 and they aren't playing. I checked out at 10 and everything was cleaned up and closed.

I wouldn't stay here again unless I had to...

They do not take cash, only credit or debit cards and they hold a additional $25.00 along with your hotel cost.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Aliveontheroad
Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you during your stay here in North Brunswick NJ. We hope to see you again on a return visit to the area.
Gloucester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed 2 nights. Not a bad place, the location is not ideal, but the hotel itself is good. Friendly service, nice and clean rooms and beds. Beds are comfortable, Showers are good as well. Wi-Fi is a little choppy at times.Breakfast was great one day, and average the next. Worth a stay, especially as it is not much more then worse places.

Room Tip: Second floor and above is advised. First floor rooms are right next to highway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us here at the North Brunswick Hampton Inn who know that you could have chosen any other brand but instead you select us. We hope to see you again on a return visit to the area.
PITTSBURGH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Staying at the North Brunswick Hampton Inn was definitely one of the highlights of our (very long) trip. I made multiple calls to the hotel as we were going up, and the desk staff were incredible. I had booked online and one of the items that had been marked as available (a cot--we had five total people) was not. When I made the very first call, the hotel desk clerk immediately told me--even though I hadn't asked. When we arrived, they made extra accommodations for us (extra pillows and towels without asking) and were extremely gracious. The hotel also had a gym (which thrilled my husband) and a pool (which my children did not want to leave) that hadn't even been advertised. Exits were convenient for unloading luggage, the breakfast was excellent, and the staff couldn't be better. It was a terrific experience.

Room Tip: If you want a cot, I was told that you need to request a handicapped room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you during your stay here with us we appreicate your response about your stay and hope to see you again on a return visit to the area.
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Hotel is ok. But on my recent stay when I checked in there was hair (not mine) in the sink and bathtub. Apparently they didn't clean the bathroom very well. Overall it's an ok hotel but considering they make a big deal out of how they "change the duvet after every guest" you would think they would also clean the bathrooms.

Room Tip: They do not have a restaurant or room service.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tobe123
NAtkins841, Manager at Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your review Tobe123, and we are so sorry for the issues that you encountered during your stay. That is not a Hilton standard, nor acceptable at this property and we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience that issue gave you. We hope that the issue does not taint your image of this property. So whenever you are in the New Brunswick/ North Brunswick area please try to stay here again because next time I promise we will exceed your expectations.

-Front Desk Manager
#1 of 7 in East Brunswick
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 7 in East Brunswick

Been to Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick? Share your experiences!