“Terrible hotel”

Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in North Brunswick
“Terrible hotel”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during the summer. Staff was unfriendly, the housekeeper threw away our jewelry that was specifically put out of view. In the police report she actually admitted to throwing it away, the general manager wouldn't even give a full refund let alone compensate for the problem. Cops were called to the hotel multiple times for noise issues and other problems that ensue at this establishment. The general manager asked the owners to contact me and they still have not. After months of being told I would be compensated I was told the owners are not taking responsibility and they couldn't even tell me themselves. Dirty rooms, and I wouldn't trust anyone there. I can't say it enough WORST HOTEL IN JERSEY. Two hotels close by to this Hampton I would suggest staying there since I probably should have done that-or slept in my car anything would have been bette.r

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sandra1386
scarasso, General Manager at Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I would like to express that we did honor you a full refund do to the inconvenience that you encounter here. I understand your frustration in the delay of a resolution and greatly appreciate your patience. During your stay we did not anticipate some of the issue that occur during that weekend of the car show. This event takes place each year and we encounter different altercations but unfortunately this year even though we took the step to try to alleviate problems things still occur. Again I do apologize and we are still working towards a resolution and I assure you the matter will be taken care of to your satisfaction. I hate to think this will hinder your opinion of our brand and that is why I assure you we will make this right. We have shared your additional comments on the cleanliness of our property with our housekeepers and we will all be working harder to maintain our quality standards moving forward. Thank you again for your patience and we will speak soon.
Nadine Atkins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Plainfield, New Jersey
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed here, just to get away and let my son swim.

The room was ok... The bed was clean, and comfortable. Their were little things that need to be worked on that would make the hotel perfect.

Their was a patched up spot in the ceiling, where I guess a smoke alarm was. They could have fixed it better. The bathroom door could have used some work. Some of the walls could have been wiped. My bathroom toilet was runny, and the tub needed slip strips.

The pool was also ok, but could have been a little warmer since it was a indoor heated pool and the towels a little bigger.

Breakfast runs from 6 to 10 and they aren't playing. I checked out at 10 and everything was cleaned up and closed.

I wouldn't stay here again unless I had to...

They do not take cash, only credit or debit cards and they hold a additional $25.00 along with your hotel cost.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Aliveontheroad
Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you during your stay here in North Brunswick NJ. We hope to see you again on a return visit to the area.
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed 2 nights. Not a bad place, the location is not ideal, but the hotel itself is good. Friendly service, nice and clean rooms and beds. Beds are comfortable, Showers are good as well. Wi-Fi is a little choppy at times.Breakfast was great one day, and average the next. Worth a stay, especially as it is not much more then worse places.

Room Tip: Second floor and above is advised. First floor rooms are right next to highway
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us here at the North Brunswick Hampton Inn who know that you could have chosen any other brand but instead you select us. We hope to see you again on a return visit to the area.
PITTSBURGH
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Staying at the North Brunswick Hampton Inn was definitely one of the highlights of our (very long) trip. I made multiple calls to the hotel as we were going up, and the desk staff were incredible. I had booked online and one of the items that had been marked as available (a cot--we had five total people) was not. When I made the very first call, the hotel desk clerk immediately told me--even though I hadn't asked. When we arrived, they made extra accommodations for us (extra pillows and towels without asking) and were extremely gracious. The hotel also had a gym (which thrilled my husband) and a pool (which my children did not want to leave) that hadn't even been advertised. Exits were convenient for unloading luggage, the breakfast was excellent, and the staff couldn't be better. It was a terrific experience.

Room Tip: If you want a cot, I was told that you need to request a handicapped room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing us to accommodate you during your stay here with us we appreicate your response about your stay and hope to see you again on a return visit to the area.
Virginia
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Hotel is ok. But on my recent stay when I checked in there was hair (not mine) in the sink and bathtub. Apparently they didn't clean the bathroom very well. Overall it's an ok hotel but considering they make a big deal out of how they "change the duvet after every guest" you would think they would also clean the bathrooms.

Room Tip: They do not have a restaurant or room service.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank tobe123
NAtkins841, Manager at Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for your review Tobe123, and we are so sorry for the issues that you encountered during your stay. That is not a Hilton standard, nor acceptable at this property and we are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience that issue gave you. We hope that the issue does not taint your image of this property. So whenever you are in the New Brunswick/ North Brunswick area please try to stay here again because next time I promise we will exceed your expectations.

Deptford
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Very clean and very nice. Hotel is only three years old, and the carpets, furniture, etc. all still looks brand new. One of the cleanest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in, and there are plenty of shops and places to eat within less than a mile. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
scarasso, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you Matt H for your kind words. Sorry for the late response, but we thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn in North Brunswick. We hope to see you again soon, and hope that whenever you stay in the New Brunswick/North Brunswick area you pick us as your preferred hotel.

Sarasota,Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2012

After attending a family wedding we stayed here. It was new, spotless and comfortable. Staff exceptional and friendly. Decent breakfast.

Room Tip: Some handicapped available. Roomy bathroom and walk in shower. Button to hold room door open.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you PhotoKap for you kind words, we are very ahppy that your stay at the North Brunswick Hampton Inn was enjoyable. We hope that the next time you are in the New Brunswick/ North Brunswick area we are your preferred hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Brunswick
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#3 of 7 in East Brunswick
Staybridge Suites North Brunswick

Been to Hampton Inn North Brunswick/New Brunswick? Share your experiences!