Meadowlands View Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Royal Motel(Secaucus)
Quality Suites(North Bergen)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Secaucus Meadowlands(Secaucus)
View Hotel
All reviewsnew yorktimes squarereturn ticketa lot of moneynj transit busshuttle service to nycper persontakes about minutescoffee makerflat screen tvfree breakfastthe hotel offersvisit nyctoastmanhattanmeadowlandstickets
FilterAll languages
new brunswick canada
Reviewed July 8, 2006

my family and i stayed here last year. we absoutly loved the hotel and the people in it. after some of the hotels we stayed at on the way, we were absoutly thrilled when we got here. the shuttle was great for us $5 each way and they dropped us off in front of the lion king which was only minutes away from time square. at one point on the trip, we missed the return shuttle to go back to the hotel, and after speaking with the shuttle driver, he came and picked us up at no extra charge and was very nice about it. we had absoutly no doubt about leaving our belongings in the room while we left for the day. the cleaning staff was wonderful and kind as were the people in the restaurant and cafe. i really loved this spot and reccommend it to anyone whos looking to make a trp to new york!!!!

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MeadowlandsVH-NB, Director of Sales at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed June 29, 2006

I would stay there again. The staff was pleasant, the cafe was reasonable and the room was clean. We debated about staying because of the area but we had NO problems there. All in all our stay was very enjoyable and we'd stay again!!

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank peeqn06
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed June 27, 2006

Terrible service, no internet in rooms - was mislead to belive there was wireless in rooms - no it is only in the lobby. Stains on carpet in room, loud Air Conditioner, whistling windows, unsafe area of town, asked for an iron & Ironing board - was told to "come and get it" iron was fine, board was a 2' piece of ply wood that was not easy tor work with. The hallway was loud all night. The hallways smelled. This was a poor choice, we will not do it again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco
Reviewed June 24, 2006

I'm usually not a picky traveler, but this had to be one of the worst travel experiences ever! Take my word for it, spend the extra money and stay in the city. I was told there was wireless in the room, but of course there wasn't, and I had to "work" on my laptop amidst a gaggle of noisy World Cup fans glued to the TV in the hot, muggy lobby (no air conditioning in the hallways or lobby.). My room was adjacent to the ice machine, which I heared all night long, along with an ancient in-room air conditioner that buzzed and gargled intermittently. Not only is the restaurant under construction, but its odor was so pungent and offensive that I can only describe it as burnt lard. My only option was to take a cab ($14 fare) to the Olive Garden at the local mall. It would have been a nice evening to walk to the restaurant, but the area simply is not safe enough to do so. The worst is yet to come. Supposedly there is a $5 "shuttle" into the city every hour on the hour. As I had a business meeting in the city at 12:30 pm, I had planned on taking the 11:00 am shuttle. However, it finally showed up at 11:45 am, with neither an apology nor an explanation from the staff. The driver met us with a look of contempt, and felt perfectly comfortable with us having to hoist our own luggage into the back of the van. Once mobile, the driver blasted a controversial radio talk show over the speakers, and it was only after we begged him to turn it off that he instead tuned us into a bad '80's-pop channel. That would have been palatable had it not been for driving through a highly-congested Lincoln Tunnel that took over 1/2 hour and, you guessed it, no air conditioning in the van. I barely made it to my meeting. All in all, there was absolutely nothing redeemable during my visit; thankfully, it was only for one night. Stay away at all costs!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 14, 2006

Every year in April we attend the Parkinson's Unity Walk in Central Park and have stayed here. The first year we were on the 11th floor and under the restaurant where a Greek wedding was in progress......absolutely no sleep that night! The next year, there were no Greek weddings but our stay was still unenjoyable. When we opened the door to our rooms (and what a horrible experience trying to get 3 rooms all together - like the reservation said - we had) the window was open. No screen, just an open window. Once we tried to close it we realized why it was open....it was broken and would hardly budge in the track. However, my husband and i were finally able to wrangle it closed. The neighborhood is not the greatest but we have had no breakins to our vehicles and this year even parked a 40 foot RV in the back lot. The staff is friendly if you can catch them at the "right" time. Elevator #4 was scary to ride as it would be going along just fine and suddenly just drop a floor (even when going up). After you wree able to get your heart going again, the elevator would get you where you wanted to go. The problem was that with only 2 elevators that seemed to be working (this being one) then you had to ride it alot more than you wanted (or walk the 11 flights of stairs). The restaurant has a pretty view but the night we were they, there was one person working and he was the cook, the waiter, the bus boy and the cashier. We are looking for a new place to stay next year as i haven't even wrote about the plumbing and other issues!

• Stayed: April 2006