“Hotel was clean...........”

Meadowlands View Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in North Bergen
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Hotel was clean, but not impressed. Nightmare getting to the hotel with all the construction. The toilet backed up into our shower. We had two kids that needed baths, we waited for almost 4 hrs before maintenance showed up. By then the tub had drained and feces remained. We also couldn't get any extra pillows. All of us are used to 2 pillows and we were disenchanted with a hotel that does not have extra pillows. Hotel refused to discount the bill for the first night.

Room Tip: check cable to make sure it works
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Hello Cindy,
First, I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us. I am sorry for the inconvenience of construction in any surrounding areas. The maintenance worker must have been extremely busy to not have gotten to your room sooner. I can assure you that this is not our normal level of service. I would like to obtain some information regarding your stay. I appreciate your business and would like to speak to you in regards to a discounted stay during your next visit. Please feel free to contact me personally so that I may do my best to make your next visit as comfortable as possible.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Have stayed here several times and each stay was nice. The location was great even though it was a short walk to catch bus into the city. Front desk was pleasant and friendly. Room was clean and well maintained. Didn't go to the restaurant or bar. The cost for the room was comparable to others this time of year. If you are going to the city, I would recommend this hotel for a weekend stay.

Room Tip: Quiet on back of hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Hello PoppyC,
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for your business. We take pride in our convenient location near NYC and affordable rates compared to NYC hotels. During your next visit, check our shuttle service rates so that you may conveniently be picked up directly from the hotel to NYC. We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

First time traveling to NYC. I never booked a hotel room before and the service was great. When calling the Days Inn i spoke with a young lady by the name of Stacey. She was so kind and very patient because I had several question I needed answered. When checking in was happy to see the lady who made my reservation..Even though check in wasnt until three Stacey was nice enough to get me a room so me and my children didnt have to wait. The room was decent size and very clean. The shuttle service wasnt always on time and had to wait about ten minutes.They have a cafe that serves breakfast in the morning. from 7am. till noon. But over all experiance was great. Very close to to NYC .Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Hello Sarah,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you and your family had a great experience and that one of our front desk agents was more than capable of helping. We take pride in our customer service and strive to surpass high standards. We apologize for the shuttle service. With the busy tourist season in NYC, traffic permits the driver from being prompt at times. Please feel free to book directly with us for your next visit by calling 201-348-3600 or visiting www.hoteldays.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Blonde girl "Stacey" at the front desk horrible attitude and the Spanish old lady at the restaurant as well took my wrong order both nights..! Food there was extremely salty and the tilapia uncooked .. Disgusting! Only good thing they have going for them is the bar and those coconut mojitos! Rooms were also dirty ... Wouldn't reccomend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Just_one69
Reviewed July 1, 2014

My son and i were doing a quick one day tour of NYC and stayed here in mid June 2014. I picked the hotel for the price (staying in Manhattan is ridiculously $$$$$) and the location (close to NYC still). I picked perfectly. The hotel is newer, clean and nice. VERY VERY friendly and helpful staff at the desk. Upon arrival I realized I had somehow messed up the dates that I planned on arriving for and was supposed to arrive the NEXT day. The super helpful gal at the front desk called orbitz, switched the dates and even got me the same rate! (Orbitz on the other hand charged me $30 more than they said they would, but it wasnt the hotels fault, dang Orbitz!!!). We took the shuttle in to Times Square (they drop you about two blocks away) for $20 for two people round trip when a cab is about $50 one way! Perfect! The next morning we checked out, had breakfast at the nice first floor restaurant (no free breakfast here) and were off to the Statue of Liberty (only 4 miles away!). Perfect stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
4  Thank Jeff K
MeadowlandsVH-NB, Director of Sales at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for staying with us. We work hard to make our guests happy and appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

While looking for hotels in New York with free parking is basically impossible this hotel just 10 minutes drive away does offer complimentary parking with the cost of the hotel also coming in at a fraction of the price of your New York City hotels. This is very beneficial for people on a budget. So we decided to stay here for 5 nights, while visiting the big apple. Upon check in Stacey couldn't have been any more pleasant and helpful in questions asked. The rooms were good in size and included fridge and micro which is great for budget when you cant afford to eat out every night. If you walk up the road there is buses into the city running frequently 24/7 and only cost $3 one way and drops you right in the middle of times square. The rooms are a little dated but we weren't there to spend our days in the room so it was no big deal for us. You can get breakfast down stairs very reasonably priced and there is also a 12th floor restaurant for dinner. They do offer there own shuttle service to NYC but it is $7 one way and only runs on a certain schedule, that's why we took public transportation. You also have a variety of food outlets nearby and a grocery store if your looking to save a few pennies. Would stay here again if on a budget and travelling with a car.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Hello,
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you had a great experience and appreciation for our location. Both on site restaurants are reasonably priced in the affordable price range for the average traveler. I hope that you visit us in the near future!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Let me start by saying I have stayed at this hotel in the past and you get what you pay for. This Days Inn is built on a hill and is very close to NYC. The staff is very friendly, especially Stacey who was working the front desk when we checked in. It's an eclectic hotel with different styles on each floor. We asked for a non-smoking room and got one that smelled of smoke. Thankfully I brought some air freshener with me and quickly doused the room and hallway down. There was an ashtray in the room so I'm assuming we weren't in a non-smoking room. The smell wasn't overpowering so we decided to keep the room. Our family unpacked and went to the lobby to purchase some shuttle bus tickets from the gift shop to get into the city. The prices are reasonable; $7 one way or $12 round trip, per person. It’s still better than taking the public bus up the hill or dealing with a cab and getting gouged for twice that much for going into the city. The gift shop is very small with usually only one person working inside. There is an older gentleman named Manny who works the morning hours and he is one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet. Omar is the owner of the shuttle service and if he is driving the bus, you will certainly get an interesting ride. There are a couple of buses that they use. One is smaller and more comfortable; the other is a painted school bus. The times to and from the city are listed but they are approximate times. If a shuttle is set to leave at 9:30am it could be 9:30am or it could be 9:55am. For those on a relaxed schedule this is fine but for those who need to be at a certain place at a certain time, be forewarned! There were some guys going to the Statue of Liberty who had a certain time to be there and I know they missed it because they didn't allow enough "cushion" time to get there due to the shuttle not leaving on the listed time. Also, be prepared to “brush-up” up against other buses as you make your trip into the city. The traffic can be horrendous. Coming back on the shuttle can also be an adventure depending on how many people are waiting. The drop-off & pick-up point is Times Square on 41st & Broadway. Some folks buy a one-way ticket to Times Square and then decide later which time to come back while others have a set time. It's not unusual to have 50 people waiting to get on a 35 seat bus. Again, 10pm could mean 10 or it could mean 10:15pm, BE FLEXIBLE! The bus also stops at other hotels in the area after it leaves the Days Inn and when it drops off at night. It goes to the Howard Johnson's and the Holiday Inn express on Tonnelle Avenue. The traffic on Tonnelle Avenue is always busy and there is a train track nearby. If your room faces Tonnelle Avenue, you will hear train whistles, car horns and revved engines all night long. If that’s not bad enough, the hotel has colored lights that illuminate the front of the hotel all night as well. They quickly change colors from red, blue, green, yellow much like my grandmother’s old aluminum Christmas tree with the rotating color wheel, back in the day. Seeing that the shades do not keep out ALL the light, you will have to prop chairs against the shades and fill in the gaps with extra pillows unless you want the light show all night. Turning the fan on in the room will help drown out some of the traffic noise. I didn’t get a chance to try out the new restaurant on the 12th floor but the menu and the pictures of the place looked inviting. The other restaurant is on the main floor by the entrance. They have a nice variety of breakfast foods at reasonable prices. Everything is made to order and the omelets and pancakes were very good. My only suggestion is to pay with cash. You can use a charge card but then you have to wait for them to process the card through the front desk and this can take some time and be a little nerve-racking especially when customers are trying to grab a quick bite before catching the shuttle. There is also a Taco Bell, Dunkin Donuts and Wendy’s not too far up Tonnelle Avenue if you don’t mind a little walk. All in all I like this place. There are a few “kinks” that you need to deal with but the staff is friendly and you can’t beat the location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back of the hotel, not the front facing Tonnelle Ave.
1  Thank Snappyman301
Meadowlands River Inn
#2 of 15 in Secaucus
Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands
Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands

Been to Meadowlands View Hotel? Share your experiences!