“Inexpensive and Near NYC, but .....”

Meadowlands View Hotel
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in North Bergen
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The good points are clear: the hotel is in North Bergen and reasonably near New York City and has good rates. The downsides include the following: it's a hotel where you have groups of teenagers (who can be noisy when you want to sleep), the cleanliness of the room left much to be desired (stained sheets), and the hot water was neither regular or sufficient.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Sorry you weren't completely satisfied with your most recent stay with us. We did have a school group staying with us during this period. However, if they were being disruptive a call to the Front Desk and they would haven taken immediate action. We never have issues with our housekeeping department. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of the hotel to insure our guests return. We are in a great location and appreciate your business. Hope to see you again in the near future. Please contact us directly so that we can assist in your next reservation. Have a great holiday season!!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Reviewed December 4, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank MariePierre1

Reviewed December 3, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jason L
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I booked our stay via booking.com and upon checking in the front desk man tried to tell me the rate I was quoted was incorrect and told me our rate was approximately $50 more. He didn't let up until I produced my printed out booking confirmation that stated my credit card had already been charged. He downgraded our room from a 2 double bed to a 1 double bed also- which we didn't find out until we entered the room.

The room- had to let the water run for about 5 minutes til it was warm enough to take a shower..the heater blew out cold air. We ended up just turning it off. The bed felt like a concrete floor. We knew it was a pretty cheap hotel but wow-it was nasty.

I called to ask about the shuttle service and was told it was free...after we got there and settled I called to figure out the shuttle times and was told it was $14 a person each way. Still a great service but I would rather they be up front about the charge.

The vending machines didn't work. The parking is free but not a secured lot- the area isn't the greatest.

I've stayed at plenty of days inn and it will be a LONG time before they get our business again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInnNB-NYC, Manager at Meadowlands View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Sorry to hear about your stay. Please provide your reservation number as well as the agent with who you spoke with so I can personally rectify the situation. We normally do not receive complaints such as yours. We pride oursewlves on cleanliness and offering great valuefor our accommodations. You can contact my office directly to insure we take this matter seriously. Please contact 201.348.3600 Ext 243

Reviewed November 29, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed November 28, 2012

While approaching front desk, I did not feel welcomed. The receptionists told me that he did not have a reservation for me,and he was booked solid. I asked him if he wanted my confirmation #, his reply was," I guess I could try it," wow... my reservation came up and he proceeded with the registration process, When he handed me the room keys, he simply said ," we have a room for you on the ninth floor." I asked him where the elevator was and he motioned to his left. I walked away dumbfounded, that this is whom your company chooses to greet your customers upon check in ??? On another note, the lobby is not welcoming, decor dated, hallway was very noisy. Guests did not know how to close the room doors, they chose to let them slam instead. My bed was comfortable, however needed an extra blanket, there was none. Although the rooms appeared to be updated, the furniture was old and dated, new rug was all bunched up and I tripped on it several times. Was not told about the free breakfast at all, unaware.added an expense to my travel not knowing. Rooms at the Holiday Inn Express much nicer, and cheaper and you get a free breakfast they advertise.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jo R

I appreciate your constructive comments and would like to speak with you directly reagrding your comments. I would appreciate more information reagrding the time and date of your check-in so I can speak with the Guest Service Agent in question. I assure you this not the level of service we provide to our guests. We appreciate your business and look forward to doing business with you again in the future. Please call my office directly at 201.348.3600 Ext 241. Have a great holiday season!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Bergen
Meadowlands River Inn
#2 of 15 in Secaucus
Hyatt Place Secaucus/Meadowlands
Hilton Garden Inn Secaucus / Meadowlands

Been to Meadowlands View Hotel? Share your experiences!