“Very low budget”

Meadowlands View Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in North Bergen
“Very low budget”
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This was a low budget hotel option. Nothing fancy about it. I guess if you are looking for a cheap place to stay for the night in the NYC area (as we were) then it serves that purpose, but I would not stay here as a family for an extended time.

Room was decent size but had a smoky, unclean odor. The carpets were stained and dirty. The bathroom was clean. Cheap uncomfortable linens...very inexpensive polyester/nylon sheets, blankets, covers. Mattress was very thin.

Large parking lot with free parking. Breakfast is not included but there is a cafe on site. Checked out in the early morning listening to the cafe staff arguing loudly...that was not pleasant.

Won't return here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank s0ccerfamily6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I was on my way to NYC just before the Lincoln tunnel I noticed this high rise hotel since the had a large parking lot I decided to check it out. I couldn't get a room in NYC,to my surprise the had a room available.the lobby was charming and people ware having breakfast in the coffee shop.I decided to check in for 1 night.I paid about $127 a night.
I also told i can get wireless internet all around the building.when I got to my room I was more them pleasantly surprised. marbled bathrooms ,flat screen TV ,safe deposit box and very clean room.when I checked out I ate at their delicious coffee shop .I drove into Manhattan ware my friend arrange for me a hotel on the upper west side for $350 per night plus tax.parking for my car was about $60.I told my friend about this hotel that the accommodation ware superior to NYC hotel.Tow day later I went back to this hotel together with my friend. Defiantly coming back on my next trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ysss820
Griffin, Georgia
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We are from GA and flew to Philadelphia to the Shriner's Hospital for my daughter to have a major arm opertation. This trip was pretty unplanned since we were just killing time inbetwen the time from my daughters surgery until her follow-up appointment so we could return to GA. We stayed here from the 15th through the 19th of June and were very pleased with our stay. I couldnt believe this was a Days Inn because it was so nice. The hotel ended up being in the middle and very close to everything we ended up doing from seeing The Statue of Liberty to shopping to driving to New York. This hotel was in the perfect location and it saved us hundreds because we didnt have to actually stay in NY to enjoy it. Free Wi-Fi and parking was a plus, as well as having a fridge and microwave in the room. Rooms were very clean, maids cleaned rooms every day and gave fresh towels and washcloths. This hotel provided better service than the ones I have stayed at in Las Vegas. If I ever have to go back to this area in NJ, I will definetly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank abrown82
Spencer, West Virginia
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We chose to here due to the closeness to NYC and the availablity of free parking. Also my brother and his girlfriend went with us and they wanted to go see the Cake Boss shop. We arrived in the evening and had no problem with getting checked in to the hotel. They offer a shuttle service to and from NYC and we decided to go this route so we could leave our car there until we came back. The shuttle was $7 for one way or $12 for roundtrip. If I were going back and needed someplace to stay and leave a car for a day trip this would be my choice.

• Stayed May 2011
5 Thank dancergrl608
Ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stayed 3 night for around $100 a night. Very decent for the proximity to New York City. We were shuttled back and forth for $12 a round trip. It was well worth it to be dropped off on 7th and 41st. Would stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank tlwest
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and definetly recommend it. It's located within 15 minutes from NYC with plenty of FREE secure parking which is an added bonus. Check in was extremely fast and the receptionist was very helpful. I love the lobby in this hotel because it has comfy couch type chairs with flat screen tv's. It makes me feel relaxed and a like at home feeling. The room was very clean and our towels/bed were changed/made every day of our stay. We had a great front view from our 6th floor room. There was always traffic going by but it's not loud at all. It didn't stop any of us from sleeping especially after walking so much in NYC!!! I believe two floors have the executive suites but once you step off the elevator on these floors everything is black and really creepy. I snapped some pics which I will upload but we thought it seemed creepy nd glad we didn't get a room on those floors!!! BTW, the tv in our room was HUGE!! That was awesome. FREE high speed internet in the room was also an added bonus. I have no complaints at all and definetly recommend staying here. Everything is close by. We ate at the Coach House Diner most nights. The food is wicked good and priced accordingly. Dunkin Donuts is less than 2 mins away and so are several other restaurants. The highway to NYC is literally only around the corner. EVERYTHING you will need is at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank gfaorgy
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 5, 2010

this hotel had bedbugs and didn't refund us at all don't go here worst experience ever and it wasn't just me there were other customers as well don't waste your time and none of the staff speaks English. and the other people try and rip you off on shuttle by charging one person one price and another person a different price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Meadowlands River Inn
#2 of 15 in Secaucus
Red Roof PLUS+ Secaucus/Meadowlands
La Quinta Inn & Suites Secaucus Meadowlands

Been to Meadowlands View Hotel? Share your experiences!