“A Big Scam”
Review of The Nile Restaurant - CLOSED

The Nile Restaurant
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Tried the restaurant for the first time. Food was good, but portions were very small. We asked for water and they came with plastic bottles of Poland Spring. We didn't ask for bottled water and if I didn't say anything they would have probably charged us for it. Worst thing is we came in with a coupon from Restaurant.com which was $25 off if you spent a total of $37.50. We spent that much and when the bill came and we gave them the certificate, they claimed that we had to spend $37.50 per person, not the total bill. This is not the way restaurant.com works, but they wouldn't honor the certificate and said many customers had these certificates and that was the rule-$37.50 per person. There was nothing I could do, but paid the bill without the discount. Confirmed that night with Restaurant.com that it was $37.50 per meal, not person.
If they are looking for new business this is a funny way of showing it by trying to rip us off.
I would say avoid this place.

1  Thank Heitner1

Reviewed May 9, 2012

This place is horrible, i would not be surprised if they close down

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Visited the Nile to attend the LOL Comedy Show hosted by Parkeast Entertainment. The environment was pleasing, the staff was accommodating, and the drinks & food was excellent.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

This place is GREAT! An unexpected surprise. I was staying at the Holiday Inn Express next door and wanted a quick meal with the wife. When we walk over the wife noticed “Mediterranean” cuisine and wasn’t sure if it was her pace. I was a bit pumped, living in the Midwest, multiculturalism isn’t the norm, so I was very interested. The food was exactly what I wanted! A blend of Moroccan and Lebanese (leaning heavily toward the Lebanese) spicing without the expected “Americanizing” or over spicing or over express the flavor profiles, which is more akin to “impress the locals”. This is cooking like you would expect to be served at someone’s home in the Akkar district. Perfectly stated but not overbearing.

We started with the fried Kibbeh. Spicy, but not overwhelming, with a nice pepper bite. The wife was pleasantly surprised to recognize the marinated chicken I’ve been making her for years (and what I called “Mediterranean spiced”) was actually the Shish Tawook she ordered. I had the quail, which featured 3 meaty perfectly spiced birds with a lovely dipping sauce. I couldn’t resist eating this dish with my hands, using the pita bread to wipe the goodness I missed.

The staff, both management and wait staff, are there to take care of your every need.

I am planning on going back in a couple of days to catch the floor show. If it is nearly as good as the food, I will be pleasantly pleased.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

After one hour we had not even gotten our appetizers and there were only two other parties in the restaurant. We did not wait for our meals as we were blatantly ignored by the staff of the restaurant although we heard the food was supposed to be good. I hope they enjoyed our meals themselves.
I am disappointed that the Holiday Inn Express offers discounts to the establishment because their service is great and this restaurant doesn't even deserve a response.

1  Thank Tornstrom